It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI to launch Twitter account, Q&A planned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting,

The pope integrating into the social media machine, He is launching his new account on the 12/12/12......
The specified date, im sure is just a way to wind us conspiracy theorists up.... Not me though.

I can see it now, the popes first tweet 12:12pm on the 12/12/12....... Just to piss us off and drive the numerologists wild.

I hope he uses #TheOneAndOnlyPopeDiddyB

I especially love this part,

"The pope's presence on Twitter is a concrete expression of his conviction that the Church must be present in the digital arena,"

Pope Benedict XVI is to begin tweeting in eight languages from his personal account @Pontifex on the social network. The first tweets are due to appear on December 12, AP reported. The name of the account was chosen because “Pontifex” means “Pope” and“bridge-builder” in Latin. The Vatican pointed out that the pope’s first message will be in the Q&A format, and he will tweet “as often as he wants,” according to communication adviser Greg Burke. "The pope's presence on Twitter is a concrete expression of his conviction that the Church must be present in the digital arena," the Vatican’s statement read. The tweets will be in Arabic, English, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish. More languages could be added in future. Pope Benedict chose Twitter, because he wants "to ensure that the good news of Jesus Christ and the teaching of his Church is permeating the forum of exchange and dialogue that is being created by social media," the statement added. The news about the Pope’s Twitter account earlier appeared on November 9. Even though there are no tweets, more than 32,000 users already follow Benedict XVI, with numbers rising enormously quickly every minute since the announcement. However, it will not be the pontiff’s first appearance on Twitter. Recently, the Vatican has been increasing its online presence in attempt to spread the faith, especially among young people. The 85-year-old head of the Catholic Church sent his first tweet through the official Vatican account last year. “Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedict XVI,” the pope wrote at the time.

Discuss....

LINKIGE
edit on 3-12-2012 by The0nlytruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
How nice the patron saint of pedophiles is joining twitter. So will they be starting a altar boy chatroom so the priests can keep in touch with those special ones?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
@GOD @JESUS Hey, howz it hangin big G and lil J, jus fort i'de share diz pic of ma new IPhone, bort a case 4 it n everyfin, neway keep da muney comin my way nd bless.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What a great way to get closer to God...

Obtaining a twitter account.

People never cease to baffle me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Exactly my thoughts, Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am now following pontifex on twitter. He is getting ripped to shreds on there. Some tweets are just hateful but others were genuinely funny. Perhaps his first tweet will to let us know of the second coming

new topics

top topics

join