It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotted a UFO tonight 6:40PM Central

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Tonight I'll go ahead and one to the list of unexplained events in the sky that I've witnessed! At around 6:40PM central time (Baton Rouge, Louisiana), I was driving home from dinner and happened to glance up in the night sky and saw an extremely fast moving object. Normally, we don't have too much air traffic here since we only have a metropolitan airport but when we do, the aircraft are flying relatively slow on approach.

This object was flying from the South headed in a North-North-West direction. The object had very pale gray/orange hue to it with no visible strobes or red lamps underneath it. As far as "conventional" aircraft go, this object could have certainly been a military aircraft because of the speed it was traveling, but again this object was barely lit with no standard strobes/lamps. It only took several seconds for it to cross my line of sight.

Now I'm not saying this thing is extraterrestrial or anything, just that it was very unusual to see an aircraft fly that fast and dimly lit in this area. It just looked like a grayish ball of dim light flying at an incredible speed.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
How high up did it seem? That time of night it could have been a satellite that was high enough to be illuminated by the sun while it's dark at sea level.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Did you mean to say it COULDN'T have been conventional, as if it could have been, then it possibly was conventional and presumably you wouldn't be mentioning it.

If it didn't look conventional, then perhaps it was a UFO, how much of the sky did it cross in the time frame?

As far as "conventional" aircraft go, this object could have certainly been a military aircraft because of the speed it was traveling,
reply to post by Clisen33

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the excellent explanation...
...I've seen similar anomalies and wondered....I look above the lake and see firefly like space ships buzzing around in circles.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
How high up did it seem? That time of night it could have been a satellite that was high enough to be illuminated by the sun while it's dark at sea level.

It was low, not quite low enough to be on approach to BTR though.

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Did you mean to say it COULDN'T have been conventional, as if it could have been, then it possibly was conventional and presumably you wouldn't be mentioning it.

If it didn't look conventional, then perhaps it was a UFO, how much of the sky did it cross in the time frame?

As far as "conventional" aircraft go, this object could have certainly been a military aircraft because of the speed it was traveling,

I meant that it could only be a military aircraft if it was indeed something of norm. But like I said, it had a very abnormal pale gray light to it. It was just one solid light, not a multicolored pallet of lights we normally see on aircraft. No strobes either.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If only you got pics.
Still good story though.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Also, I was say it covered several miles in the time I followed it with my eyes for about 20-30 seconds.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
If only you got pics.
Still good story though.

-SAP-

I was too busy driving and it was going too fast.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

congrats on seeing an orange orb! people have seen them a lot in the last 2 months. i saw one 2 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join