It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, Kucinich, and Holt join forces to stop Obama's drones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Now THIS is called 'working together to benefit and not harm'.

Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich have a month left before they leave Congress and they're still fighting the establishment military industrial complex and central banking system to the bitter end.

kucinich.house.gov...

Congressmen Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Ron Paul (R-TX) and Rush Holt Jr. (D-NJ) today introduced H. Res. 819, a resolution of inquiry to compel the Administration to release documents which it reportedly uses as the legal justification for the use of drones to assassinate people abroad, including United States citizens, without trial. According to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, our drone strikes have killed more than 3,000 people including as many as 1,105 innocent civilians since 2002.

edit on 28-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'm curios as to why people like Ron Paul, one of the most anti-war politicians in our nation's history, has never received the Nobel Peace Prize?

Oh thats right, the "peace prize" is reserved for warmongers.

edit on 29-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The alternative to drones is boots on the ground, US military, CIA, Whateversecretagency here and that is worse. Drones allow us to watch and kill our enemies without putting US lives at risk. I normally agree with Paul but in this I dont think he is considering the alternative.

I do believe we need to develop a justice system that can make quickly calls on weather an American turned terrorist can be targeted abroad by any means rather than just leaving it in the hands of a single President or military. Perhaps emergency vote of the Supreme court to vote on weather there is enough evidence to allow pursuit and targeting of Americans turned terrorist abroad is justified or not. If your American and overseas hanging out or supporting with known enemies/terrorists you probably deserve to be a target.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

But that presupposes that we "need to be there" in the first place.

I find it difficult to justify billions of taxpayer dollars a month to combat a group of "terrorists" who number less than our own local mafia, and are less of a threat than our own local drug cartels and their gang armies.

The true alternative is not spending the money on foreign agendas.

But then, American resources are all about foreign agendas in the enterprises of the UN, Washington DC, and other such city-states.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Our guys need practice on using those fancy new drones. What better place to practice than a poor, third world country?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm curios as to why people like Ron Paul, one of the most anti-war politicians in our nation's history, has never received the Nobel Peace Prize? Oh thats right, the "peace prize" is reserved for warmongers.

And black freshman senators that are running for President.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
The alternative to drones is boots on the ground, US military, CIA, Whateversecretagency here and that is worse. Drones allow us to watch and kill our enemies without putting US lives at risk. I normally agree with Paul but in this I dont think he is considering the alternative.

Respectfully, the alternative is pulling out and never invading in the first place. They want us gone, let's leave. The enemies we have their were created by our interventionist policies and murdering of their families.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

I do believe we need to develop a justice system that can make quickly calls on weather an American turned terrorist can be targeted abroad by any means rather than just leaving it in the hands of a single President or military. Perhaps emergency vote of the Supreme court to vote on weather there is enough evidence to allow pursuit and targeting of Americans turned terrorist abroad is justified or not. If your American and overseas hanging out or supporting with known enemies/terrorists you probably deserve to be a target.

What you're talking about is aside from what the point of all of this is.

Yes drones would be better than putting good Americans in harms way but why the hell are we even bombing these places and who takes responsibility for all of the dead civilians and the blowback associated with it?

You gotta be able to take a big step back and look at the story from an even larger perspective.

Have you done any research on the psychological original of a "terrorist"?

top topics

join