It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quote me, baby. I like it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry but I can't seem to find the bit about bbcode quotes again, so here's my dumb question:
When using BB code and copy & paste to quote, is there any way to get it to display the username of the "quotee" just as it automatically does when you use the quote button?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
All you need to do is use this code (without the spaces)

[ quote][ i]Originally posted by blah[ /i]
I eat my own earwax
[ /quote]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You know of course that we actually have an ATS member named "BLAH". They haven't posted since April of 2003, so I doubt that they will mind you quoting them.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarWaxEater: Yummy.

Thanks for the tip.

Some sites have it automated somehow so the code is something like [ quote:wecominpeace]yadda yadda[ /quote] and then it auto adds the formatting and the "originally posted by" bits.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
You know of course that we actually have an ATS member named "BLAH". They haven't posted since April of 2003, so I doubt that they will mind you quoting them.

I'm oh so sorry BLAH, wherever you may be...forgive me of my inappropriate use of your name...I'm sure your earwax tastes wonderful with a little salt...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Thanks for the tip.

Yeah man...

Another tip...to keep it from starting the message of the other user directly after the italics, just hit the retun key after you put in the [ /i] tag...

top topics

join