It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel carries out ground incursion into Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Published Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Israel carries out ground incursion into Lebanon
SOURCE

Eleven Israeli soldiers carried out a ground incursion into Lebanon Wednesday morning, breaking the border's barbed wire fence near the village of Wazzani and mounting a sandbag barrier roughly 15 meters past the demarcation line. The soldiers reached a Lebanese military zone, Lebanon's National News Agency reported. Ground and air incursions into Lebanon are direct breaches of UN resolution 1701 which ended Israel's war on Lebanon in 2006. Israel has carried out more than 20,000 illegal surveillance flights over Lebanon since that ceasefire. The Lebanese Army and the UN's international peacekeeping force in Lebanon, UNIFIL, are on high alert.

Israeli forces cross barbed wire on border village of Wazani
SOURCE

Eleven Israeli paratroopers crossed the barbed wires in the border village of Wazani on Wednesday and advanced 10 to 15 meters north of the wire, almost approaching the Lebanese army. Security sources said that an Israeli excavator erected sandbags and dug holes near the iron gates which it installed a month ago adjacent to the Wazani garden. The Lebanese army and the UNIFIL were in full alert.

Lebanon warns Israel amidst cease-fire
SOURCE

The leader of Lebanon’s Hezbollah, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, warned Israel on Sunday that the Shi’a Islamic militant group would launch thousands of rockets onto cities across Israel if there was ever an attack on Lebanese soil. Nasrallah’s warning words came four days after an eight-day dispute between Israel and the Islamist Hamas rulers of Gaza. Egypt and the U.S. helped broker the cease-fire between Israel and Hamas as Israeli ground forces gathered near the Gaza border for a possible ground invasion. The cease-fire took effect on Wednesday, ending the onslaught that lasted from Nov. 14 to 21.

More than 160 Palestinians were reported dead, many of whom were civilians, as well as six Israelis. Nasrallah’s speech was created via a video link to the tens of thousands gathered in Beirut to mark Ashoura, the annual Shiite commemoration of the martyrdom of the Prophet Muhammad’s grandson, Imam Hussein. Nasrallah said Hezbollah’s response to any attack would eclipse the rocket fire launched from the Palestinian territories. “Israel, which was shaken by a handful of Fajr-5 rockets during eight days—how would it cope with thousands of rockets which would fall on Tel Aviv and other cities … if it attacked Lebanon?” Nasrallah said.

The Iranian-manufactured Fajr-5s were the most powerful and longest-reaching rockets fired from Gaza, with 75 km range and a devastating 175 kg warhead. “If the confrontation with the Gaza Strip … had a range of 40 to 70 km, the battle with us will range over the whole of occupied Palestine—from the Lebanese border to the Jordanian border, to the Red Sea,” Nasrallah said. As a result of the Israeli 2006 attack on Lebanon, two Hezbollah fighters were captured in a cross-border raid, which led to more than 1,200 deaths in Lebanon and 160 deaths in Israel.

During this 34-day war, Hezbollah fired at least 4,000 rockets into northern Israel. According to a report from Al-Jazeera, Hezbollah has accumulated deadlier arsenals than Hamas since the war began, totaling approximately 50,000 missiles that could potentially reach Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. “The time when Israel could terrorize us has expired,” Nasrallah said.

thoughts?

edit on 28-11-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: corrections and additions

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Maybe israel is itching to fight.. maybe Lebanon is itching for a fight? Probably nothing will happen, just Israel flexing some muscles and rattling a saber

Eta: and what are your thoughts?
edit on 28/11/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They just can't help themselves it seems!
Seriously, blatant acts of provocation like this keep happening and what would be the outcome if the Lebanese military opened fire on them, quite rightly, for acts such as this?
No doubt we'd see plastered all over the news how terrorists had attacked innocent Israelis again!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

thoughts?

Israel is still busy eliminating unknown variables before they engage their main target.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida

Eta: and what are your thoughts?

well ...I haven't read any news from israel side of things ..so I would like to reserve judgement at the moment..

but honestly... I think Israel is poking a hezbollah hornets nest.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Seriously, blatant acts of provocation like this keep happening and what would be the outcome if the Lebanese military opened fire on them, quite rightly, for acts such as this?
No doubt we'd see plastered all over the news how terrorists had attacked innocent Israelis again!

Agreed, everyone else is the aggressor except Israel or at least that's what Israel wants the world to believe. The Lebanese military would have had every right to have opened up these Israeli infiltrators.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It may have something to do with THIS.
Even though the Lebonese were kind enough do defuse them Israel never takes chances, probably just testing the waters in case. I see no reason for Lebonon to flare up, a war on 2 fronts (no doubt Hamas will take advantage) is a dumb idea especially so far apart. Still no need provoke for no reason, and I've got kids living in Israel.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

interesting

www.dailystar.com.lb...

Crossing the technical fence, however, is not a violation of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1701, which stipulates that Israel and Lebanon should respect the de facto border that stretches along the Wazzani region. Read more: www.dailystar.com.lb... (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: www.dailystar.com.lb...)

just more saber rattling

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So much for de-escalating the situation in the Middle East.

I would be interested in finding out where those tens of thousands of Israeli reservists who were called up for the recent conflict in Gaza are now?

Would it not be ironic if they are still on active status and near the Lebanese border?
edit on 28-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I do respect everyone's rights to express their thoughts, even including fear and hate-mongering, but what are these opinions based on?

My understanding is that about a dozen Israelis, indentifiable as soldiers, went less than 50 feet past a fence. This was not, as has been pointed out, a violation of UN resolution 1701. There were Lebanese soldiers at the site.

A couple of holes were dug, and everybody went back home. I would bet everything I have that the Lebanese government knew about this in advance, and allowed it.

I don't see evidence for believing this was an aggressive provocation or that Israel is trying to start another war. There isn't any evidence that this was intended as a show of force or to pressure anybody. (And the source is al-akbar? (spelling?))

I still remember the "Where's the Beef?" commercials. They've come to mind again.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes, the fear and hate mongers must mong......every small event is blown up into international status.....
I can imagine they may have had to dig up unexploded ordinance, or perhaps make repairs to some drain or other facility.....
Using an excavator in broad daylight 50 ft in front of your lines is not really an incursion.......
Not a shot was fired either direction ..............STFU

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

It may have something to do with THIS.
Even though the Lebonese were kind enough do defuse them Israel never takes chances, probably just testing the waters in case. I see no reason for Lebonon to flare up, a war on 2 fronts (no doubt Hamas will take advantage) is a dumb idea especially so far apart. Still no need provoke for no reason, and I've got kids living in Israel.

hmmmm interesting thanks for sharing.

I'm sure there's 9 sides to this developing story

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hezbollah terrorist chief Hassan Nasrallah called Arab nations to arms in a pre-recorded video from his hideout in Lebanon. Nasrallah congratulated terrorists in Gaza on their “first victory” over the Israeli Defense Forces,

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Ebed says

Lebanon is Israel's land, most of you just don't know it yet, soon and very soon

I [YHWH] will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon Hosea 14:5

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

interesting

www.dailystar.com.lb...

Crossing the technical fence, however, is not a violation of U.N. Security Council Resolution 1701, which stipulates that Israel and Lebanon should respect the de facto border that stretches along the Wazzani region. Read more: www.dailystar.com.lb... (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: www.dailystar.com.lb...)

just more saber rattling

hmmm double interesting.

seems your observation is correct ...more sabre rattling...

looks at though Israel is starting to build a wall at the border... why now?

The Jewish state has begun work to construct a wall to the existing technical fence separating Lebanon’s Kfar Kila village and the Israeli settlement of Metula. Read more: www.dailystar.com.lb... (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: www.dailystar.com.lb...)

hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsaphan
Hezbollah terrorist chief Hassan Nasrallah called Arab nations to arms in a pre-recorded video from his hideout in Lebanon. Nasrallah congratulated terrorists in Gaza on their “first victory” over the Israeli Defense Forces,

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Ebed says

Lebanon is Israel's land, most of you just don't know it yet, soon and very soon

I [YHWH] will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon Hosea 14:5

oook .. I see you also like the word "terrorist" ..repeating it over & over doesn't make it true.

its a form of subtle mind control to make people believe an elected govt are terrorists.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Yes, the nutters in Israel are at it AGAIN!

They obviously have absolutely zero regard for peace or International law, or the authority of the United Nations, and an insane thirst for war and violence...and they are sitting on a mountain of Nuclear weapons (including Neutron bombs, nuclear missiles, nuclear artillery shells and nuclear mines), Chemical weapons and most likey, biological weapons too.

They are like moths getting burned by a light bulb, yet continue to fly towards the light even so.

The time has come to disarm Israel, at least of their huge piles of Weapons of mass destruction...leave them their massively disproportionate sized conventional military weapons, but the WMD's have to be removed from them, they simply CANNOT be trusted to possess them any longer.

Especially as they have said on more than one occasion that Israel has nuclear weapons AIMED at almost every major European city to be used if Israel looked like it would lose a war.

They are too dangerous and deranged to hold a gun to the head of the entire planet, and yet they endlessly propagandise about how 'dangerous' Iran is WITHOUT any nuclear weapons!

Disarm Israel now, before the war loving madmen kill us all.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

this is an interesting article.
hard to say what will happen. bottom line is, no one wants a full on war. especially a war where nuclear weapons might be used. whether you are religious or not, no one wants to see their family in danger. everyone wants to tuck their kids in bed at night and tell them everything will be okay. that there won't be any more violence. it's what everybody wants. i'd love to see a world where everyone is safe.

I hope this turns out to be like two cats who hiss and arch their backs at each other only to walk away without using their claws.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The theory that Israel wants to weaken Iran's proxy forces before a war with Iran starts seems to make more and more sense. It was pointed out that Lebanon would be the next intended target, and just like in Gaza, the Israelis made the first move..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

this is an interesting article.
hard to say what will happen. bottom line is, no one wants a full on war. especially a war where nuclear weapons might be used. whether you are religious or not, no one wants to see their family in danger. everyone wants to tuck their kids in bed at night and tell them everything will be okay. that there won't be any more violence. it's what everybody wants. i'd love to see a world where everyone is safe.

I hope this turns out to be like two cats who hiss and arch their backs at each other only to walk away without using their claws.

I too want a world at peace, and like you, i think most rational, humane people want that too...then there are those who simply don't, yet pretend they do.

Why would Israel, five minutes (virtually!) after hundreds of airstrikes into civilian habitats in Gaza, and a tenuous cease fire is agreed...attempt to agitate the Lebanese like this?

Propaganda.

Israel isn't about to start another war with Lebanon...they just wanted the Lebanese to fire onto 'a small squad of Israeli soldiers and 'civilian construction workers' so they could capitalise on the 'feel sorry for beleaguered Israel' propaganda.

It wouldn't work though...the world, and more importantly the general public are taking a LOT more notice of exactly what Israel is getting up to.

They are victims of their own propaganda campaigns...they've used these tactics to garner the sympathy of the gullible far too often, and now people are watching, and watching closely.

Disarm Israeli WMD's.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join