It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chnia lands fighter on CV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yep they did it , back in Sept they showed off there new CV, [short for air craft carrier, for you that do not know this] now few months later, they did there first landing and take off news.yahoo.com...news.yahoo.com... [if one link does not work the other will.]
For you that though this would not happen for some time, or think that China will not have it fully operational for at lest 2 to 3 years i say with in 6 moths
Mods feel free to move this, if this be in the wrong thread
edit on 25-11-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Good for China

It's interesting to note from a non-Chinese perspective all the excitement out of China whenever they do something other countries have been doing for quite some time. Manned space flights, Stealth fighter, "New Carrier" [refurbished older Russian Carrier] and now finally landing a plane on one.

Side note, your post seems to be full of assumptions about what others may think.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For some reason this just seems weird.

USA has been doing this for some time now. It is very hard for me to believe that China is JUST NOW reaching the ability to do this.

Is the MSM attempting to make China seem less of a threat with stories like these? The other side of the spectrum says that China is more advanced than the USA in terms of technological military advances. Who really knows? Military junk is never told to the public anyway. I dont believe it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

I think they have been doing for some time, but are now just making it public, one can not do this just over night nor form a "seat of your pants flying"

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That Aircraft-Carrier is a "HAND-ME-DOWN"from Russia!! They actually were "showing-off" with that when they first got it?? America was "showing-off" Aircraft-Carriers like a HUNDRED YEARS ago!!!

In regards to the jet, be careful ground crews and ship crew!! If that jet is "Made In China", you can bet your life that its gonna RAIN DOWN PARTS at your head from above!!! Parts falling off of it, and malfunctions extreme.

They better hope that those jets do not cost much money to make and buy them, because if its "Made In China", you will have to buy 10 times the amount that you originally needed because they will all FALL APART after only a few uses!!!!!!

edit on 25-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

For some odd reason I still don't quite get, the United States is the only nation on Earth to successfully develop and deploy catapult technology for an Aircraft Carrier. Thats why ours are flat, spacious and look *HUGE* by comparison. I looked up specs and was surprised to find length and beam isn't THAT far off the Ford Class Aircraft Carrier.

There is a video somewhere...showing the real dangers of the design China and the rest of the world use for this..and why Aircraft Carriers aren't the greatest thing since sliced bread to anyone else. The video shows the weakness..and I wish I could find it now. However, it shows a Russian plane landing on what could have been a sister ship to this one. As he's coming in for a perfect landing...all nicely aligned and green lights across the board, you see the jet cross the fantail and just as it comes over the deck..... *POP* goes the pilot. Up Up and away.....from a forced ejection, full automated.

You see, the Ski Jump has a huge flaw...and I'll be surprised if China actually BUILDS one after this as opposed to using this Russian cast off as a test bed. If the plane doesn't reach the full speed for lift, it literally belly flops right IN FRONT of the Carrier and just in time to be run clean over by it's own ship.

The video I saw was an example of the Russian pilot forgetting to turn off the automated ejection they have/had active in case it did have a short takeoff and allows the pilot to focus on fighting to save the aircraft rather than timing an ejection to keep from being Naval road kill.

I'd also shudder to even imagine night operations on that design. I guess a lost plane or lost man at night is just gone...and whoever knew him, say a few words while launching the next jet in the lineup.
Major design issues are why the U.S. is the only Blue Water Navy with functional air wings based on Carriers, IMO.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No not assumptions, just what some think, that is China can not nor will have this, they think it is all made up photo shopped tomfoolery. For some read this and are not members

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Lets make bets.

I think this carrier becomes a great artificial reef in the South China Sea one day.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A cold-shot with a catapult will leave you in the same position as a failed launch off a ski jump.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No bets for that outcome.

I vote they use, abuse and run this into the ground to test every aspect of Carrier operations they can on it...then they'll turn it into a big museum in Shanghai or something. Meanwhile, we'll watch China do what China always does when they want to make something. They won't just build a new Carrier in a shipyard with distinctly Chinese features. Naww....China never does things simple and easy. They'll build several SHIP YARDS then have each of those produce a Carrier or two..so they can have their whole fleet go to sea as a big bunch at once. Anyone ever research the Chinese exploration fleet of old? The sheer size of what they made....just to check things out.....would make a Nimitz Class Carrier feel like a tugboat.

Indeed... China doesn't just build something..they build a city designed to build endless rows of whatever the something is. Why would the Navy be an exception?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I believe this truly is the first landing on the carrier, they were using a simulated carrier to practice, similar to.a.facility Russia uses in Ukraine. It will still take years for it to become operational, I don't see why you think it will be only 6 months. They have never had a toy like this before and it will be a while before the ship deploys with its full compliment, not to mention China has never deployed anything more than a few ships at a time to distant locales. It will be interesting to see what ends up sailing with the carrier and how long before they figure out what's needed to deploy an entire carrier task force. Still, you will never see this ship within 500 miles of the American coast, unless we schedule a friendly visit. Of more interest to me is the differences between the J-15 and Su-33. The russians are not discounting the possibility China will order a large number of 33's in the near future, and claim the J-15 is absolutely no threat to steal any export business, so obviously it is viewed as inferior to the plane it is practically a copy of. With F-35s just now entering service, how superior to the f/a-18e is this Chinese knock off? Still a lot of catching up to do for the Chinese. And they have never been tested even in minor conflicts. Nothing to fear except over eager generals on their side. Although a Tom Clancy Bear and The Dragon scenario would be fun.
edit on 25-11-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know. EVERYTHING I own that's Chinese, is crap.

Cant believe they can make anything that rivals America, or even Russia.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know. EVERYTHING I own that's Chinese, is crap.

Cant believe they can make anything that rivals America, or even Russia.

What does 'Merica make anymore? Everything that is 'Merican made is assembled in the US utilizing Chinese made parts.. In other words, made in China assembled in the USA...
edit on 11/25/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

Not sure if you're actually replying to me - I don't think it will be operational in six months. They might call it operational, but that's not going to be strictly true. It will take years to get the kinks worked out. They already have at least one hull laid down for a home built CV to be ready by 2015 at the latest. The experience they get asea with the Varyag will be invaluable getting that up and running.
I don't think Russia will sell them the Su-33. They're still sore about the J-11 licensing. And I'm not sure China needs to buy them. They already stole the T-10K and have put their own avionics into the J-15. If they do buy a small batch it will just be to take them apart and make modifications to the domestic built fleet. Maybe if production isn't fast enough to catch up with demand assuming they put more hulls in the water relatively quickly.
The first carriers are going to be more about "I can do that too!" -- prestige than real power projection. The combination of the J-15 with the ski-jump is going to be much less effective than a carrier with a cat (which I'm sure they are working on). But they are looking long-term and while these efforts are going to be incredibly expensive for the actual results they'll bring, they'll also be key to developing true power projection with a carrier group ten, fifteen or twenty years from now.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good for China

Just a 100 years late.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It will be years before China can perfect Carrier Operations, the United States has been conducting such operations for almost 70 years. China's main threat is from non traditional attacks such as cyber attacks, EMP, and subversion.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Something tells me the Central Committee in Beijing is just a bit more serious about quality control than the QC goobers on the Iphone assembly line or whatever widget the common factory is churning out by the thousands at pennies per copy. Just a hunch here....but China executes people for what we'd almost call routine matters. What would it be to see a major military system like an Aircraft Carrier fail at a bad moment? I think the wall people get stood up against would need replacing. They'd be shooting too many screw ups over that one and the people building it the first time through would surely know their fate if they cut corners on something of that importance.

It's just my hunch, as I said, but I really don't think China ITSELF tolerates the level of garbage they are happily peddling out to everyone else. Not the PLA/PLAN side of China, anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sonnny1

Something tells me the Central Committee in Beijing is just a bit more serious about quality control than the QC goobers on the Iphone assembly line or whatever widget the common factory is churning out by the thousands at pennies per copy. Just a hunch here....but China executes people for what we'd almost call routine matters. What would it be to see a major military system like an Aircraft Carrier fail at a bad moment? I think the wall people get stood up against would need replacing. They'd be shooting too many screw ups over that one and the people building it the first time through would surely know their fate if they cut corners on something of that importance.

It's just my hunch, as I said, but I really don't think China ITSELF tolerates the level of garbage they are happily peddling out to everyone else. Not the PLA/PLAN side of China, anyway.

aaahhh. a voice of reason and wisdom amidst the sabler rattlers

indeed some underestimate the inhabitants of the middle kingdom
because their products are crap
that fall apart if you look at them cross-eyed

funny that i seem to remember when they used to say that about japan

The 36 Ji [36 strategies]
strategy #1

Fool the Emperor to Cross the Sea

Moving about in the darkness and shadows, occupying isolated places, or hiding behind screens will only attract suspicious attention. To lower an enemy's guard you must act in the open hiding your true intentions under the guise of common every day activities.

Japanese Folk Tale

There once lived a Samurai who was plagued by a large and clever rat who had the run of the house. This annoyed the Samurai to no end so he went to the village to buy a cat. A street vendor sold him a cat that he said would catch the rat and indeed the cat looked trim and fit. But the rat was even quicker than the cat and after a week with no success the Samurai returned the cat. This time the vendor pulled out a large and grizzled cat and guaranteed that no rat could escape this master mouser. The rat knew enough to stay clear of this tough alley cat, but when the cat slept, the rat ran about. Half the day the rat would hide, but the other half he again had the run of the place. The Samurai brought the cat back to the vendor who shook his head in despair saying he had given the Samurai his best cat and there was nothing more he could do. Returning home with his money, the Samurai happened upon a monk and sought his advice. After hearing the Samurai's story the monk offered him the services of the cat that lived in the temple. The cat was old and fat and he scarcely seemed to notice when he was carried away by the doubtful Samurai. For two weeks the cat did little more than sleep all day and night. The Samurai wanted to give the cat back to the temple but the monk insisted he keep him a while longer assuring him the rat's days were close to an end. The rat became accustomed to the presence of the lazy old cat and was soon up to his old tricks even, on occasion, brazenly dancing around the old cat as he slept. Then one day, as the rat went about his business without any concern, he passed close by the cat - who swiftly struck out his paw and pinned the rat to the floor. The rat died instantly.

wengu.tartarie.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join