It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uganda set to Rise as a Christian Nation as America Sinks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Christianity in Uganda is just the same old bad stuff wrapped up in a new box, with a shiny ribbon. In this day and age, Uganda's president and his so called repentance is just making matter worse.

Kristy Bamu was killed because his sister thought him a witch. In Africa, Christianity has only added to the toxicity of such beliefs

In their present form, beliefs in witchcraft are not "traditional" – changes since earlier times are obvious. Modern beliefs see the power of witchcraft as emanating from evil spirits that possess the witch and endow him or her with the power to harm. This belief in possession by evil spirits has been promulgated in Africa by western missionaries of fundamentalist, particularly Pentecostal, Christian beliefs. It has enabled Africans to retain a modified version of their former beliefs in witchcraft, obtaining the approval and support of Satan-hunting Christians whose life is dedicated to the pursuit of evil. New churches, started by Africans with a self-proclaimed "divine mission", have sprung up everywhere.

These churches do not "control" witchcraft beliefs, although they encourage and profit from them. Nor is it true to say that it is only as witchcraft escapes from the control of the church that it becomes evil; witchcraft is evil from the beginning. Some people may feel protective of Christianity, but Christianity is at fault here. The pastors of independent African churches may identify children as witches (for a fee) and are prepared to "cure" them (for a further fee) by exorcising the evil spirits. Such exorcisms are often violent; beating and the use of cold water to cleanse and purify the possessed being is common in many Congolese churches and elsewhere in Africa, too.

A recent change is the accusation of children, who may be singled out by parents or other caretaking adults for a variety of reasons that distinguish them from among others in the household: bad dreams, bed-wetting, children who are cleverer or stupider, who have different likes and dislikes – almost anything can be the symptom of a possessing evil spirit. Often, the accused are outsiders – either stepchildren or refugees in the chaotic postwar Congolese state; trafficked children or child soldiers.

explorer9360.xanga.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Aids is out of control in Africa. Aids rates are 50 percent higher among homosexual men.

Ok? And? Aids is so high in Africa because many do not have access to condoms and education. You act as if one cannot get aids through heterosexual sex.

I guess people should just kill anyone at high risk of having a disease. According to your logic the USA should just genocide all black men because they have the highest rates of AIDS here.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Because its 2012 and he thinks homosexuality causes AIDS, I would of added Picards face palm

No, I said that homosexuality was causing the epidemic to explode. I didn't say that it caused the disease. I don't believe that if you have sex with another man that that act will cause a disease to spontaneously present itself in either one or two of the otherwise hiv/aids free partners. Is that clear enough for you? What I am saying is that the homosexual lifestyle is a major factor in spreading the disease. I won't cite any background for that since it is readily available online.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

So if we could magically make all the Ugandan gays, heterosexual, do you think the aids epidemic would just go away?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by wirefly

So if we could magically make all the Ugandan gays, heterosexual, do you think the aids epidemic would just go away?

I don't know. Nor do you know that doing nothing to make it as high profile as possible is helpful.
Do you think that pretending that the gay lifestyle is NOT a contributing factor is going to make it go away?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

AIDS isn't a "gay" issue. It's a social/medical issue and needs to be addressed medically and with preventative measures, like condoms and education. Condemning gays isn't going to help. Christianity has no tools to help the AIDS crisis in Africa. The medical community does, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

Aids is out of control in Africa. Aids rates are 50 percent higher among homosexual men.

Ok? And? Aids is so high in Africa because many do not have access to condoms and education. You act as if one cannot get aids through heterosexual sex.

I guess people should just kill anyone at high risk of having a disease. According to your logic the USA should just genocide all black men because they have the highest rates of AIDS here.

Again, your pretext and not mine. I simply pointed out the statistics. What you make of them is your own internalization of what you see.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No I'm going straight from your own words. Normal people would condemn such a bill, you're defending it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No I'm going straight from your own words. Normal people would condemn such a bill, you're defending it.

Nope. The topic was brought up by you and I commented with information on both sides of the argument. I made no comments of my own opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The HIV/AIDS epidemic in sub-Saharan Africa is mainly a heterosexual epidemic:

The vast majority of new HIV infections worldwide - 92.5 percent - were heterosexually contracted. Of these, 78.6 percent were infected in the developing world, most in Southern and Eastern Africa." (p.14).

Source: Alan Whiteside (2008): HIV/AIDS: A very short introduction. Oxford University Press.

Whatever the infection rates in gay communities (which are difficult to study in a context of illegality), there is absolutely no proof that driving homosexuality underground will advance HIV prevention.

In Western countries with low infection rates, quite the opposite seems to be the case.

The US is a bit of blunder, and it now has a skyrocketing African American infection rate.
So if AIDS is the concern, perhaps they should start at home?

I can't say much on Lively and his populism, except that he co-authored the embarrassingly flawed The Pink Agenda, which surprisingly still forms the basis of much Christian homophobia.

However, even Lively apparently said the anti-gay bill proposed in Uganda went too far.
But what is somebody like Lively doing in Uganda?

As for the nonsense on gays raping kids and "recruiting" youngsters, the Ugandan homophobe David Bahati was on SA television, and when this argument was put to him he couldn't mention a single case or name. Yet, we must believe him and his fascism?

Well, Uganda and the Congo are already horrific places for gay people, and many others.

In SA we have many refugees.

Maybe if God now blesses Uganda they can all go home?
I won't hold my breath.

In the meantime we must try harder to accept them and make them feel welcome.
When the wicked sects have ruined their lives, somebody must show love and kindness.
So, we didn't cause these problems in SA, but we must try harder to help people.
www.gaystarnews.com...

See also: A debate by the BBC in Johannesburg (including David Bahati, and his failure to back up his most alarmist propaganda).

Another BBC documentary, which sends an openly gay man from England to Uganda: The World's Worst Place to be Gay:

Where gays are oppressed, the likelihood is great that other groups also face persecution, and especially the Asian community in Uganda also raises concern.

edit on 26-11-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Nope. The topic was brought up by you and I commented with information on both sides of the argument. I made no comments of my own opinion.

Then why post a specific set of statistics if you're not attempting to say something?

No-one requested those stats, no-one has questioned them and of all the babble filled posts you make on here it actually stands out as being concise and correct....

edit on 26-11-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Then why post a specific set of statistics if you're not attempting to say something?

No-one requested those stats, no-one has questioned them and of all the babble filled posts you make on here it actually stands out as being concise and correct....

edit on 26-11-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

If you think the stats are lying, then deny the stats and the people who generate them. Sin attracts other risky behavior as factors. Don't complain to me that God stated that sin causes debt. He was right. I won't judge gay people. I don't need to. Break the law and the law breaks you. I have nothing to do with this and have no reason to judge people for the choices they make that cause debt to be paid. That's their business as long as they don't make it mine by choices that cause me debt.

Don't assume that I carry an ideology unless you hear me say it. That's your own pretext and not my context. If you are angry at Uganda, then protest if you would like. Again, it has nothing to do with me. I am glad the President stands up and repents. As far as I know, he is repenting for judging people. Let's hope that's the case. If not, he will be judge himself. Again, God's rules and not mine.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Just a correction and apology for an error in my previous post:

Scott Lively indeed co-authored a controversial book with Kevin E. Abrahms titled The Pink Swastika: Homosexuality in the Nazi Party (1995).
en.wikipedia.org...

The Pink Agenda: Sexual Revolution in South Africa was a disputed South African book written by Christine McCafferty and Peter Hammond (Africa Christian Action, 2001).

The SA text uses the Lively text as a source, hence my confusion.
edit on 27-11-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

We have many of those bills in America as well.

40 million babies butchered per year in the U.S. alone, made to pay for the sins of the parents. So in that regard, those who are for abortion have no right to cast stones at Uganda. Jesus said it best "let him amoung you who has no sin cast the first stone".

Our nation alone has a pretty long list of sins, except now it's perfectly ok and acceptable and our immorality is openly proclaimed to God inviting his judgement to come upon us. We are in the days when doing good has become evil and doing evil has become good, just as it was foretold.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We have many of those bills in America as well.

40 million babies butchered per year in the U.S. alone, made to pay for the sins of the parents.

What a twisted, emotionally blatant manipulative condemnation on the rights of American woman to use birth control. Lies! 4 million babies aren't being butchered in America every year. Stop being a drama king!

So in that regard, those who are for abortion have no right to cast stones at Uganda. Jesus said it best "let him among you who has no sin cast the first stone".

Sex isn't a sin! Sex isn't a holy act. Sex is a biological physical urge. By your logic, because American woman are afforded reproductive rights over their bodies, Ugandans have the right to incarcerate and kill their gay population!!!!! Crazy logic!

Criticizing Uganda's barbaric, ignorant superstitiously based Christian biased legislation is not akin to murdering am adulterous woman by stoning her to death! Get real!

Our nation alone has a pretty long list of sins, except now it's perfectly ok and acceptable and our immorality is openly proclaimed to God inviting his judgement to come upon us. We are in the days when doing good has become evil and doing evil has become good, just as it was foretold.

Doing "good" is killing gays? And, that's why Uganda should persecute their gay population? Because evil is good and good is evil? GeeSh!

Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill (often called the "Kill the Gays bill" in the media) is a legislative proposal that would broaden the criminalisation of same-sex relations in Uganda by dividing homosexual behavior into two categories: "aggravated homosexuality", in which an "offender" would receive the death penalty, or "the offence of homosexuality" in which an offender would receive life imprisonment.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

God bless Uganda and their people,

and may God inspire the people of our nation to come out of the snares of deceit and repent and turn to Love and Truth

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And your solution is just as asinine as the problem you're attempting to solve. It provides all the tempations one needs to lead a live identical to that of the average "sinful American", but with "God" as the righteous exconerator of any and all sins committed forthwith, as long as you appear to be supporting him in your twisted pursuits. If you need an example, try Google. I don't have the time or patience to list all 300+ examples of religious idiocy in the last couple years alone. Even the Pope, your great and mighty leader of the church, sounds more and more like a slavering mental patient these days.

So what was your point again? How Christians are so high and mighty and their excretions don't smell? Try again. Before you preach about our problems, try fixing yours. I would try fixing mine, but your problems keep getting in the way!
edit on 29-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join