It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packing boxes for moving...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The good news: a new apartment that doesn't include black mold and that has electrical wiring actually inside the walls instead of hanging wherever...and it's in a better neighborhood.

The bad news: packing. We don't even have that much stuff but holy marine mammals what a pain in the dorsal fin. Plus I'm kicking up dust I didn't even know was there and so now I can't go 10 minutes without sneezing and my eyes look like I've been crying for days straight. Add to that, I've unearthed 2 huge spiders and a palmetto bug that looked like you could put a saddle on it and ride off into the sunset.

Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining because at least we are moving up in the world in a way but I do enjoy complaining a little

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've been through three big moves in the last five years so I feel you're pain! The part that I hate the most about moving is the dust, dirt and spiders as well, they do absolutely NOTHING for the allergies and nerves

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

Three big moves in 5 years... I don't think I could do it, I'm already begging my husband to never let us move again

And now I'm thinking about how I'm going to have to actually unpack all of this later...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
LOL, omg I totally understand your rant but it did make me laugh too.

Moving is a pain and a huge stress but it is also a good way to throw out all the stuff that has sat in a box and not seen the light of day since your last move ( and so very questionable as to whether you really do need it).
A fresh start, with less clutter and in your case a much better place to stay........... sounds like a great new beginning.
Good luck with your new place

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I still have junk in boxes from a few moves ago.

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos

( and so very questionable as to whether you really do need it).
True, I don't need it now, but if I were to throw it away, a situation would then arise a week later when I would need it, and I'd have to go buy a new one.

The only reason I don't need it, is because I do have one.

It may be reverse psychology.

Have It = Don't Need It
Need It = Don't Have It

edit on 11/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

LOL, oh yeah I get this logic too well! Have bags of bits of scrap fabric thinking... yeah would be good for a pocket or a cuff or trim or covered buttons etc. lol. My dad has the same thing about old screws/nails/washers bits and pieces, though to be fair, as he is a 'Mr. Fix-It' kinda guy, he amazingly does use those 20 year old bits and bobs he has been hoarding in the garage as the need arises and fixes something that there is no way you could get a replacement part for anymore! I think it is kind of an annoying messy life skill ;P

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Moving is such a huge pain! I've done it more times than I care to share....

You have my sympathy.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Thanks for the well wishes!

We are throwing out a lot of accumulated things that we didn't even remember we had saved and I'm giving some dishes and things like that to one of my neighbors here that needs them. Luckily we aren't actually moving until the 3rd of December so I'm taking it slow. It will be a nice fresh start for sure, thanks again!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Oh yes, very much a pain! I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I just have to say that your Dad sounds like my Papa! When he lived in NY he had a basement full of jars that had nuts, bolts, screws and things like that. LOL, he even would save old toilet seats.... good grief. I would ask him what in the heck are you going to do with all of that, he would say "You never know when you'll need these things to fix something else." Well I thought he was kind of crazy for saving all of it but sure as can be he would find a use for it. That's so cute lol.

top topics

join