It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused Of 'Recklessly Producing Household Electricity'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I live in a block of flats very similar to this one. If I knew one of my neighbours was using a Heath Robinson-esque transformer/generator dangling from his ceiling whilst also storing petrol in the flat, I'd punch his lights out and then report him myself.

This isn't some 'the Man are stopping us from being independent' conspiracy - this is the Man stopping someone from being a dick and endangering lives.

People are getting too hung up on the wording of the quote and not on the actual charge or the general point where this man was probably in rented accommodation (as are the vast majority of 60s high rise builds) and acting recklessly. If this was suspended from thin ropes from the ceiling then it doesn't sound too safe and was recklessly using electrical equipment.

Landlords are culpable for the safety of their tenants, they'd have been in deep # if this man was a potential danger to the other residents of the block.

To put it into perspective, for those that don't live in flats like this, would you like your son or daughter to be doing this in their bedrooms upstairs whilst you're sat underneath in the living room?
edit on 25-11-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The generation of your own power is not criminal. However this guy did commit criminal acts.

1) The storage of flammable fuels inside an apartment block or complex, is criminal, as it endangers the other residents of the apartment complex. They should be stored in an external utility or storage unit.

2) The operation of a volatile fuel powered motor inside an apartment block is also criminal, for the same reasons as 1.

3) The reckless bit comes because the device had no isolator. He was apparently dumping the power into his local ring main, and without an isolator, this meant it was feeding into the rest of the apartment complex, and even the national grid. No bad thing you might think, except, they had no way of isolating it, to make the mains safe if ever they needed to execute repairs.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hmmm I bet they removed that "dangerous" transformer from his house to study it whilst at the same time warning him not to build another one.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Hmmm I bet they removed that "dangerous" transformer from his house to study it whilst at the same time warning him not to build another one.

Yeah, because Dundee is basically populated by a cargo cult without electricians of their own they'll probably end up using something as exotic as a transformer as a totem of some kind. Maybe they'll pray to it in the hope it brings down one of those big silver sky-birds down to the ground so they can feast upon it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

A non-event in the news is better than reading about how many survivors are in the Dundee burns unit.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

A non-event in the news is better than reading about how many survivors are in the Dundee burns unit.

I've find it baffling that people can spin this 'man is a dick in a property he doesn't own out-right' into a 'the Man are oppressing us' story. Even here on ATS. If there had have been a fire, or similar, would this have been spun as a story where the Man killed the amateur sparky (and all his neighbours) because he came across some Tesla-related 'free electric for all' paradigm?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by jough626

Please explore the life of Nikola Tesla - he was ahead of his time - honest and willing to share his discoveries with all people. He discovered - among many things - how to harness the abundant energy that is in the ether. He was murdered and the CIA took all his papers.

When J P Morgan saw his discovery for free energy - he asked Mr Tesla where the meter was? Mr Tesla replied with the fact that there was no meter and that the energy was limitless - plenty for everyone. J P Morgan et al are the reason everyone pays for their electricity.

This is why I don't really believe this news article on which this thread is based - is even legitimate. Many many many people are in the awakened state and are exploring free energy devices and learning how to make them - Mr Tesla would be smiling but not so the cabal/illuminati/whatever.

Much Peace...
edit on 24-11-2012 by Amanda5 because: spelling

Are you talking about the Wardenclyffe Tower?

That wasn't meant to produce free electricity, just wirelessly transmit electricity, the power it would broadcast came from the Niagara Falls power station. You couldn't meter it because anyone could make a receiver to tap into the wireless energy being broadcast. Unlike, what we have today where you need to lay cables everywhere, much easier to meter.

Thats all it was, WIRELESS electricity, NOT FREE.

Edit To Add My SOURCE"

Tesla wanted to saturate the globe with electricity as a dynamo so that everyone on the surface of the globe could obtain electrical light just by sticking wires into the soil and a electrical bulb would light. When J.P. Morgan heard about the Tesla project, he was asked: "How can we get money from the electricity which Tesla is supplying to every part of the world?" After that Morgan cut the funds and the Tower was never finished

Tesla wanted to bring electricity from the huge resources at Niagara Falls Power Plant and disperse it all around the globe. What a magnificent project it was, however it was never finished.

edit on 27/11/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Yes there would, It's a certainty.
edit on 27-11-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join