It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Places That Look Not Normal, But Are Actually Real

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is a series of 25 PICTURES on a single page that look like everything from an M C Escher artwork to alien landscapes. But all are real places. Almost all of them can be described as simply amazing.

You might want to Google the names of some of them. Their background information can be just as amazing as the picture.
edit on 24-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added last paragraph.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow, those are really awesome, thank you!

My favorite is Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia, it's pretty mind bending.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Thank you - what a beautiful blast of amazing! I am familiar with some of the locations however some I had not seen and am blown away!!!

Isn't our planet beautiful when we don't have any pollution producing industry in the photographs, although I must research the pink water. The Lapland/Finland snow covered 'sculptures' - I must research those to see what is under the snow - how intriguing are those white structures.

Mother Nature and the Universe - the ultimate artists!!!!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

#7 - Namibia, looks like a piece of artwork, as if someone painted it! So surreal!

Thanks for sharing this

edit on 11/24/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How amazing, and beautiful. I never knew places like this existed. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
All those places are beautiful works of art. It's amazing how it just fits in with the environment.

Breathtaking actually.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Although i loved the photos, i am really put off by the title off the article, and it kinda ruined it for me...
This bother anyone else?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So, it would bother you if I gave you a beautiful piece of jewelry in a crummy paper sack???

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

INtense, and very beautiful... thanks for sharing...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
So, it would bother you if I gave you a beautiful piece of jewelry in a crummy paper sack???

It really wouldn't and I am not sure why I am so irked by the weird grammar used in the title. Its just one one those crazy things I guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

Originally posted by happykat39

It really wouldn't and I am not sure why I am so irked by the weird grammar used in the title. Its just one one those crazy things I guess.

I have to be honest with you and tell you I was tempted to correct the grammar before I posted it. It's my thread and I was bothered by the poor grammar too.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

#7 - Namibia, looks like a piece of artwork, as if someone painted it! So surreal!

Thanks for sharing this

edit on 11/24/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

Yea, im still looking at it...really hard to tell.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Diggz

Yeah I too thought it might have been an artwork that slipped past the compiler. They are camel thorn trees and the sun is reflecting the orange colour off a large dune that provides a huge backdrop.

Check out National Geographic.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I'm speechless, all i can say is WOW!. S+F for you Happy Kat.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
All I can say is wow.. I have seen a couple of them, but I tell you what mother nature never ceases to amaze me..

If all the chaos in the world would just stop I would forever be a wondering tourist..

Though I would have to find a way to be independently wealthy

Grim

edit on 25/11/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/11/2012 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Very good find. Love picture Galleries....Thanking you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Some lovely images there, but I see at least two that are photoshopped and I don't just mean with a bit of colour filter to bring out the hues. Also it looks like it is mainly a clever advert for Mini, since the extremely crappola English in the title is part of the Mini advert slogan.........but hey, what do I know, eh?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Wowee what awesome pictures I am really impressed by what mother nature and I am convinced that picture 20 Gullfoss the location was used in the movie Prometheus in the opening scene.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

It was actually Dettifoss on the opening scene.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Awesome thread to wake up to on a Sunday morning. I want to visit all of those places!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join