It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu agreed to ceasefire after Obama promised US troops in Sinai next week?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
RT

Israel and Palestine are momentarily at a ceasefire, but the potential reasoning behind the recess could have some real international implications. Israel’s Debka reports that the pause in fighting comes after the US promised to send troops to Sinai.

US troops will soon be en route to the Sinai peninsula, Egyptian territory in North Africa that’s framed by the Suez Canal on the West and Israel on the East. Once deployed, the Americans will intervene with the rumored arms trade orchestrated by Iranians, ideally cutting off supplies for Hamas while at the same time serving as a thorn in the side of Iran.

Any thought ?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
RT......using Debka as a source? I'd trust it about as far as I could throw it

I think we're going to see some interesting times in the M.E. over the next few weeks, but I doubt US troops in the Sinai will be one of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There is no ceasefire, gaza fired twelve rockets into israel and israel killed another palestinian. And if Obama promises to do something next week, don't hold your breath. One pathological liar promising something to another pathological liar.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Russia today has put more garbage out on the wire than any other media organization I can name. It is evident by their reliance on proven hoax websites like debka.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Binyamin Netanyahu agreed to a ceasefire for halting the eight-day Israeli Gaza operation Wednesday night, Nov. 21, after President Barack Obama personally pledged to start deploying US troops in Egyptian Sinai next week, debkafile reports. The conversation, which finally tipped the scales for a ceasefire, took place on a secure line Wednesday morning, just hours before it was announced in Cairo. The US and Israeli leaders spoke at around the time that a terrorist was blowing up a Tel Aviv bus, injuring 27 people.
Obama’s pledge addressed Israel’s most pressing demand in every negotiating forum on Gaza: Operation Pillar of Cloud’s main goal was a total stoppage of the flow of Iranian arms and missiles to the Gaza Strip. They were smuggled in from Sudan and Libya through southern Egypt and Sinai. Hostilities would continue, said the prime minister, until this object was achieved.

Debka

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I doubt US troops in the Sinai will be one of them.

Yep , Thats doubtful .
In my opinion , Egyptians will not allow US troops to station in Sinai

edit on 23-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
.Any thought ?

WW3 will leave the WHOLE REGION desolate for 1000 years so we can ALL finally live in PEACE from all the warmongers who are hellbent on the destruction of their own species.

so good luck with your war strategies!

edit on 23-11-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

US troops are already stationed in Egypt as part of a multinational force and have been there a long time.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Last week I read an essay from one of the heavily affective Washington think tanks about the current conflict. The conclusion was clearly that (heard this before?) bringing security and stability would become imperative to the region. He was not offering the impossible resolution of the conflict, but a need for a security force in the region.
So, it occurred to me then that this crisis may be designed not for the purported political and historical reasons, but to present to the world a crisis of such potential consequences that a resolution will be demanded at large.
So what is happening here I think is a problem-reation-resolution operation of International scale. Israel was not defending itself, but acting in concert with its CFR cooperatives.
We see US around now as a part of this presence, and in the future will see occupation by the usual suspects, in the name of peace and security, and under guise of NATO or UN.
edit on 24-11-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Doesn't help with whats going on in Egypt now,

not saying the story has any credence, just saying

top topics

join