It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone Help me remove god mode from 32 bit vista lap top

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hi Folks followed a fellow members advice for installing God mode file, and when I open file windows explorer stops working , then restarts..I cannot delete file.
How can one remove this file?
Or get it to work ?
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

slipinz
this is a easier way to fix it just use the search . goto the start button and type in Godmode. or what ever you named it hit search then delete works tested on 3 pc just 2 see hope this will work for u and others

www.maximumpc.com...

If that doesn't work, try this: Google - How to remove Vista God mode file

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Never mind. Waiting....
edit on 11/23/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you're talking about the GodMode described earlier with a single string command entered, it's just deleting the shortcut that command created. It's not a program or other thing which installed....it's just a Windows administration command they don't really advertise. I first heard about this quite some time back while in PC Hardware and Networking courses.

The big thing is, if running that command is doing anything odd or other than opening the index to all the Windows configuration shortcut commands then I'd say there is a much bigger problem and you may consider MalwareBytes and a good virus program of your choice....all run in Windows Safe Mode.

I've heard of people doing real damage by using things GodMode makes available that otherwise aren't easy to get to and screw up, but it shouldn't be causing problems by merely being there. It doesn't do or add anything. It just gives an index to basically everything in Windows that does. (??)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
OP: have you already seen this?:

God Mode is simply a folder that contains links to all the systems administrative tools. The folder itself does not change anything so it should be just a matter of finding that folder and deleting it. If you have used any of the tools exposed in God Mode, then you need to restore those settings individually or collectively using System Restore.

To remove the folder: The shortcut doesn't help as you are right, you don't want to remove explorer.exe (don't get me started, but that's a different thread!). Click on Start, and enter "God Mode" without the quotes in the search box, hopefully that will find the folder for you and assuming you haven't tweaked your system too far you can just remove the folder.

God Mode is not really a mode at all. In fact there is nothing really to uninstall. Just ignore the shortcut or folder; it's merely a distraction.

The implication however is that something has changed since setting up the folder. That being the case, the admin tools exposed by the user have been used to alter the behavior and/or appearance of Windows. If that is so, use System Restore to go back to a time before it was enabled unless the OP knows what it was that was changed and can go back manually through those individual changes.

windowssecrets.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If you're talking about the GodMode described earlier with a single string command entered, it's just deleting the shortcut that command created. It's not a program or other thing which installed....it's just a Windows administration command they don't really advertise. I first heard about this quite some time back while in PC Hardware and Networking courses.

The big thing is, if running that command is doing anything odd or other than opening the index to all the Windows configuration shortcut commands then I'd say there is a much bigger problem and you may consider MalwareBytes and a good virus program of your choice....all run in Windows Safe Mode.

I've heard of people doing real damage by using things GodMode makes available that otherwise aren't easy to get to and screw up, but it shouldn't be causing problems by merely being there. It doesn't do or add anything. It just gives an index to basically everything in Windows that does. (??)

Actually, there apparently is a problem. Vista is different from Win7, and I've heard of people having problems like OP's from creating the God Mode on both Vista 32 and 64. A Google search will turn up a number of problems and solutions.

Ah. I see I'm a little slow on the trigger again, as this has already been addressed....
edit on 11/23/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Im not familiar with "godmode" for windows.
Is it like rooting your phone?
Something like this wasnt necessary for windows 98 and below, it allowed you to pretty much do what you wanted/needed but MS decided to make the current windows idiot proof for XP and beyond, without 3rd party appz at least.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Im not familiar with "godmode" for windows.
Is it like rooting your phone?
Something like this wasnt necessary for windows 98 and below, it allowed you to pretty much do what you wanted/needed but MS decided to make the current windows idiot proof for XP and beyond, without 3rd party appz at least.

Don't know if you're being facetious, but if you really want to know, the thread is www.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Thanks for that info... Win 7 hadn't released long enough to be fully accepted when I was in PC courses and learned about GodMode. (I'd started for a networking specialty degree they've since dropped). I'll certainly keep it in mind about some Vista machines going funny on this index display. Hmmm...

Then again, I look upon Vista as kinda the latest Windows ME. Not quite a keeper but better than what came before it......only just. (I know... XP people would argue that all day too.) Win 7 is the best so far, IMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sounds like you've opened something inside the folder, which is then using an explorer process on that open file.

That will prevent you from deleting the folder.

It's like a box with a piece of cake inside, and you and tied a piece of string to the cake, and the string is hanging outside of the box. You can't throw the box away because the string keep getting caught on things... lamest explanation possible, but it involves cake so it works on some level.

Rebooting your pc should fix this.

I use a program called Unlocker (32 & 64 bit available) that can show you what process is locking a file from being moved, renamed or deleted. It can schedule deletion/renaming/moving on the next boot if it's a system process you cannot kill. Google for it, it's handy to have if you get this a lot.

But it's just a folder.. the guid represents what it contains as a system folder I guess.
edit on 23-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Tried rebooting ..I guesss the file is there doing some py activity...I hav etaped over my webcam.
Sick of being an iriot and following trolls advice.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Hi Dr Expired i found a guide on how to delete system files for vista , it involves a bit of command line work but its not to complicated: www.howtogeek.com...

Heres another guide + 3 programs that can delete a file on reboot : www.pchell.com...

Im not 100% sure though as i have not got a vista system setup to test it with.
edit on 24-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

top topics

join