It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The youth of Gaza Speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The youth of Gaza issues their manifesto

*!@# Hamas. # Israel. *!@#k Fatah. *!@# UN. # UNWRA. *!@# USA! We, the youth in Gaza, are so fed up with Israel, Hamas, the occupation, the violations of human rights and the indifference of the international community! We want to scream and break this wall of silence, injustice and indifference like the Israeli F16’s breaking the wall of sound; scream with all the power in our souls in order to release this immense frustration that consumes us because of this #ing situation we live in; we are like lice between two nails living a nightmare inside a nightmare, no room for hope, no space for freedom. We are sick of being caught in this political struggle; sick of coal dark nights with airplanes circling above our homes; sick of innocent farmers getting shot in the buffer zone because they are taking care of their lands; sick of bearded guys walking around with their guns abusing their power, beating up or incarcerating young people demonstrating for what they believe in; sick of the wall of shame that separates us from the rest of our country and keeps us imprisoned in a stamp-sized piece of land; sick of being portrayed as terrorists, homemade fanatics with explosives in our pockets and evil in our eyes; sick of the indifference we meet from the international community, the so-called experts in expressing concerns and drafting resolutions but cowards in enforcing anything they agree on; we are sick and tired of living a #ty life, being kept in jail by Israel, beaten up by Hamas and completely ignored by the rest of the world.

Let him who has ears HEAR! Not even the people in Gaza support Hamas. Excuses need to stop, and reason and compassion must reign.

We are youth with heavy hearts. We carry in ourselves a heaviness so immense that it makes it difficult to us to enjoy the sunset. How to enjoy it when dark clouds paint the horizon and bleak memories run past our eyes every time we close them? We smile in order to hide the pain. We laugh in order to forget the war. We hope in order not to commit suicide here and now. During the war we got the unmistakable feeling that Israel wanted to erase us from the face of the earth. During the last years Hamas has been doing all they can to control our thoughts, behaviour and aspirations. We are a generation of young people used to face missiles, carrying what seems to be a impossible mission of living a normal and healthy life, and only barely tolerated by a massive organization that has spread in our society as a malicious cancer disease, causing mayhem and effectively killing all living cells, thoughts and dreams on its way as well as paralyzing people with its terror regime. Not to mention the prison we live in, a prison sustained by a so-called democratic country.

Enough is enough. Let us stop choosing sides, and choose our future collectively. NOBODY deserves to live like this. Black, White, Jew, Arab, NOBODY. Let us hope more people realize it before it's too late.

edit on 21-11-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
agree... s@F

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
They should know better than to expect anything from the rest of the world.

As for the problem at hand, Gaza citizens need to deal with the more immediate issue first - Hamas, before they are able to deal with Israel. There is no future with Hamas. The clear difference today between Gaza and the West Bank demonstrates this.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Will this heartfelt cry from the future of Palestine reach the ears of their government and soften their hearts? There is always hope, I suppose.

Will this cry stir the United Nations to take some steps more meaningful than stopping the shooting for a week?

Does the US have a responsibility to step in and say "Hamas, you've got to go. Israel, ease up on these people. And if either one of you starts shooting again there will be a large, new, hole in your real estate. Now behave?"

I'd like to help, I'd like the world to help, but I don't see anyone moving.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Will this cry stir the United Nations to take some steps more meaningful than stopping the shooting for a week?

Pretty safe to say that it will not. Everyone will forget about it two weeks from now, UN included.

Originally posted by charles1952
Does the US have a responsibility to step in and say "Hamas, you've got to go. Israel, ease up on these people. And if either one of you starts shooting again there will be a large, new, hole in your real estate. Now behave?"

I don't think direct intervention by the US will help the matter. All Clinton-era accords didn't seem to bring the resolution any closer. Any threats of action by the US, will only increase the level of animosity towards them.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
They should know better than to expect anything from the rest of the world.

As for the problem at hand, Gaza citizens need to deal with the more immediate issue first - Hamas, before they are able to deal with Israel. There is no future with Hamas. The clear difference today between Gaza and the West Bank demonstrates this.

On this we agree, sir/ma'am.

I have posted it because I thought it was a sobering look into how the young people who deal with this crap view it. We hear nothing but "Hamas this" and "Hamas that" in the media. It's clear the young people in Gaza don't want to be told what to do by Hamas, but they are being held at gun point.

They want to live their lives in safety like everyone else.

They are NOT asking too much (to live in peace and be allowed to prosper).

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I almost believed it until I checked their FB, their FB speaks a different tongue!

top topics

join