It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL: Ceasefire in Gaza Announced.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

OFFICIAL: Ceasefire in Gaza Announced.

www.bbc.co.uk

Israel and the Hamas movement which governs Gaza have agreed a ceasefire to end a week of violence in which nearly 160 people have died, Egyptian and Hamas officials say.

It is intended to come into effect at 19:00 GMT (21:00 local time), the officials say. Similar predictions on Tuesday failed to produce a deal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Egyptian Foreign Minister Kamel Amr announced the ceasefire at a news conference in Cairo with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who joined negotiations on Wednesday.

The Egyptians step in once again.

So another ceasefire as been agreed and I guess the obvious question to ask is how long will this one last?

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Should last for awhile, Gaza and Hamas are now depleted of rockets, Isarel can now focus on Iran without fear of a Hamas reaction to the future bombings in Iran. Phase 1 complete

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Here comes Hillary to take credit for it.

If only she would of done the same in Bengazi.

Four Americans would be with their families this Thanksgiving.

I hope this Region can find a lasting Peace.

However, I would not bet on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

You know Israels big brother is never far away

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
delayed the election

objective complete

mug em off with a false cease fire...to stop retaliation

is it smart...i guess time will tell

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And the bankers continue to fleece the sheeple while we are distracted by the usual nonsense.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You know Israels big brother is never far away

From the BBC article:

US President Barack Obama praised the Israeli leader for accepting the deal and said he would seek additional funding for the Iron Dome missile defence system, which destroyed dozens of rockets from Gaza in mid-air during the past week.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Watch how happy the Palestinians are live on RT here: rt.com...

The Israelis authorities seem more angry it's stopped than happy it's stopped, especially the Israeli defence force.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes we did it guys! Internet heroes stopped the war!

It will start again once Israel is off the genocidal spotlight, when it happens again, we will care less, and less and no care at all.
edit on 11/21/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
So another ceasefire as been agreed and I guess the obvious question to ask is how long will this one last?

well as soon as Israel becomes sure that the Iron dome (satan dome !) is impermeable then the conflict will start again !
Israel accepts the ceasefire just because it knows that Iron dome is not working properly !!!
the international community should be responsible not to motivate both sides for war and military conflict !!!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And just like before, all of these people who complained and got angry over Israels aggression and felt sorry for those Palestinians will move on to the next big story and forget all about those poor Palestinians they thought about during the conflict.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i just wonder why none of the posters acknowledge that in fact, it really WAS the hamas who continued with their rockets even after being politely told no..

you all have predictions...well, here is mine

i give it about 24-48 hours before the hamas does something else; can't you guys see this is all a ploy and probably very well scripted at that??

enter the us..i mean, we have to...these are terrorists..

who in world do you think these guys are answering to? it's sure not the humanitarian league of the universe..\

mark my words..two days tops, and they will attack israel again.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Probably a desperate mother whose two daughters were just killed by a cluster-bomb might go a bit insane and launch a mortar in the next couple of days. It will likely be stopped by the dome anyway.

The Palestinians will understand why she did it, but not be happy with it.

The Israelis will paint her as a terrorist, retaliate as if the whole of Palestine had plotted this, and kill many more, continuing the cyclical nature of the fighting.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Was it worth starting in the first place??

Back and forth it goes.... and nothing changes....

They need to make their minds up.... take care of the Hamas group or not???

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's really quite simple. They just need two states and to stop fighting.

'Destroying' Hamas and killing them will just produce hundreds of thousands more Hamas's all over the middle East.

It would be genocide.

Sure some people in Hamas are not a nice bunch. But they were democratically elected, and the majority of people just want peace rather than revenge. You'd be surprised how nice they can be to westerners, I've been there. Took ages to get there as they are literally living in a prison like environment, six hours at the border. But in all they were lovely people.
edit on 21-11-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the actual conditions were? I'm guessing no end to the blockade?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wherever there is war and death...There's Hillary.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who joined negotiations on Wednesday.

She'll be back home next week laughing about it.

Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Wherever there is war and death...There's Hillary.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who joined negotiations on Wednesday.

She'll be back home next week laughing about it.

Peace

its too keep her in the public eye during such an affair

the right hemisphere says:
now the local witches cult and lodge, think they did it, keep the funds rolling in lol
edit on 21-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ
Sure some people in Hamas are not a nice bunch. But they were democratically elected, and the majority of people just want peace rather than revenge.

if isreal didnt make fatah look like a bunch of incompetent morons, then they would of stayed in power.
also fatah, losing the majority of the west bank to settlements, while still plugging isreali interest to the people

tut tut

You'd be surprised how nice they can be to westerners, I've been there.

its funny that people think otherwise....isreali propaganda...the arabs are parasitic, antii western, beard wearing, woman hating fanatics.....tut tut....

palastinians are the most hospital, friendly, open people you can meet....even after living in hell for soo long

but hamas are the sword, they have a duty...if the people want a sterner representative, thats what hamas would rise to be

its all war rhetoric BS...egypt (the great)...knows this!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join