It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Curiosity" Has Made 'Major Discovery on Mars, Will Be One For the History Books'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now my curiosity is peaked but they say it will be several weeks before they announce what the finding was to make sure the discovery wasn't a fluke. Any ideas?

Mars discovery

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
can't imagine what they found. maybe an amoeba!

all i know is that i got caught up in their last 'big announcement' in the summer.
(finding ice).
i wasn't that impressed after that!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know what they found!

The answer to ""How do you keep an idiot in suspense?""

I will tell you in three weeks!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Been about three other threads on this.

NASA is desperately trying to remain relevant.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
I know what they found!

The answer to ""How do you keep an idiot in suspense?""

I will tell you in three weeks!

That's Doozy
They have probably found a piece of the Yetis toenail, after having kicked the Loch Ness Monster in the Teeth, who was disturbed by Elvis's UFO crash landing on it's head.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If they'd just tell us what they really know they'd stay relevant.

"For the history books" .... yeah right.

Because of the instruments being used, it'll be a announcement of some methane or something that suggests that there MAY be life on Mars.

Don't hold your breath or get excited.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Traces of microbal life on Mars in the past

2nd

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"One For the History Books" may have a different meaning to a scientist as it does to the average person.

What's incredibly exciting and groundbreaking to a scientist may seem like much ado about nothing to most people. Case in point is times in the past when NASA has held a press conference to announce some really new and exciting finding, people always start speculating BIG things (such as contact with aliens), but those people are usually disappointed when they hear it is some esoteric (albeit scientifically "exciting") finding.

And I'm not exaggerating about the people speculating that a NASA news conference is about alien contact. It has happened before right here on ATS. NASA announces a press conference, and some ATS members start buzzing about alien disclosure being imminent.

Who knows? Maybe this will be such a big finding that the average person may find it exciting. However, it could also be a big scientific finding that leaves the common person saying "so what?"

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
Been about three other threads on this.

NASA is desperately trying to remain relevant.

hit the nail on the head there!

nasa has wasted far more resources than they ever earned and it continues today. they have given us nothing we can use or hold in our hands, except moon rocks at a cost of billions and billions of dollars. once they got satellites in the sky, their usefulness ended. can anyone tell me what else they gave mankind for all that money?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

They didn't land that thing in the Hale crater for nothing .. there will probably be serious poof of civilization.. or dare I say it .. breathable air !

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

What I want to hear from NASA is "we found the monolith and we're going to examine it on live TV".

Nothing else will do.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think, tentatively, that they may have discovered the XQ3 modulator...
Earth will have to be removed first, before they can verify the discovery, because it IS blocking Mar's view of Venus...roughly on dec 21 2012....

say whatdyaknow..right on time

top topics

join