It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Islamist fighters in Aleppo reject new opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
While the world is distracted by the Israel/Gaza conflict insurgents in the city of Aleppo have rejected the newly formed Internationally backed Syrian Opposition to Assad's regime, claiming that it is a western conspiracy. They are declaring Syria as an Islamic state.

www.bbc.co.uk...

According to the BBC;

Islamist rebel groups in the Syrian city of Aleppo say they reject the new Western-backed opposition coalition. In an internet video, they denounced what they called "the conspiratorial project" and said they intend to establish an "Islamist state" in Syria.

A spokesman said today;

"We are the representatives of the fighting formations in Aleppo and we declare our rejection of the conspiratorial project, the so-called national alliance," he says. "We have unanimously agreed to urgently establish an Islamic state."

I think that the empowerment of Islamic extremism in the middle East is becoming a pandora's box that the international community will find impossible to close.
I wonder will this affect the consensus around sending arms to these 'Freedom Fighters'

From RT,
rt.com...

Washington, meanwhile, says it is inevitable that extremist elements would attack the moderate coalition aimed to bring democracy to Syria. “It's not surprising to us that those who want an extremist state, or a heavily Islamist state in Syria have taken issue with this,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. The lack of unity among the rebels appears to be causing the US pause for thought, with Washington yet to fully recognize the coalition. President Obama has said the US needed more time to know if the coalition “is committed to a democratic Syria, an inclusive Syria, a moderate Syria.” The US leader also added that US will not yet arm the opposition because of concerns extremists might get hold of the weapons. Some experts believe those fears are likely to be realised.

How does ATS feel the Syrian question will turn out?
Or are we distracted by Gaza now, and the awful massacre that is still unfolding in Syria is now 'Old news.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Declared Syria in Islamic state eh? I'm shocked... Whoda thunk it? Lemmie guess...It's not just any Islamic state. It's a SUNNI Islamic state.

One remains...When Syria falls only one major nation left on the planet exists for the Shia people. When Iran falls, we'll have helped MAKE the next Palestinian type wanderers.
What a legacy. When they drop the nonsense and the act to finally declare this an organized and regional effort, we can at least start treating them as the unified force they've now been for quite some time. Syria is just another block to knock down to those rebels....and I truly do pray for the Syrian people. When Assad falls, so does their future. Ask Libya. They seem a little...disillusioned..to say the least.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Spot on Wrabbit, it'll be Sunni side up for the region.
I am so tired of humanity and its violent stupidity.

Humans Eh!

join