It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's New Shahab3 B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Source - Arabian Peninsula & Persian Gulf Database
Visit link for full article
During the recent testing the Shahab-3B proved several significant differences over the basic production variant, with the most important changes being done on its guidance system and the warhead, but few small also on the missile body.

The most significant change is a new re-entry vehicle, with terminal guidance system and a new steering method, completely different from the normal re-entry vehicle with spin stabilization of the Shahab-3A.

The new re-entry vehicle has now place for a rocket-nozzle control system so that no spin stabilization is needed anymore - at least not during all of the flight after the boost phase. Nevertheless, this new nozzle-control system enables the Shahab-3B guidance and steering in all phases of the flight, so that course corrections can be done at any time.

Actually I was looking for New Shahabs pictures on the net and found this great article so I thought maybe I can share it with others.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by persian]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Piece of junk

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Not bad I have to admit. Looks pretty nice. It's definatly capable of causing a good bit of destruction. The range appears to be quite nice. One question, why does Iran want an offensive strategic weapon? Wouldn't interceptors be good for defense and F/A aircraft good enough for counter offensives. Isreal wouldn't attack without reason.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Piece of junk

If you nothing to say then just keep quiet.

This missile is a great advancement for Iran and it has a chance against the Israeli stuff. Iran is not the most advanced nation on earth but they were able to to this and its good for them. It will be able to protect them and answer a Israeli attack if needed to be.

I have nothing against either Israel or Iran. Both are great nations in their ways.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Piece of junk

This missile is a great advancement for Iran and it has a chance against the Israeli stuff. Iran is not the most advanced nation on earth but they were able to to this and its good for them. It will be able to protect them and answer a Israeli attack if needed to be.

I have nothing against either Israel or Iran. Both are great nations in their ways.

Unless they develop nukes whats the point, it's pointless armed with HE. The irony is they will never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons so all their money is wasted.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Not bad I have to admit. Looks pretty nice. It's definatly capable of causing a good bit of destruction. The range appears to be quite nice. One question, why does Iran want an offensive strategic weapon? Wouldn't interceptors be good for defense and F/A aircraft good enough for counter offensives. Isreal wouldn't attack without reason.

Middle East is very unstable and even israel can attack for a small reason. Israel has and is threating to atack Iran. Also Iran need offensive weapons too as it is a regional power in Middle East and it needs to have the capablitly to attack others.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Piece of junk

Unless they develop nukes whats the point, it's pointless armed with HE. The irony is they will never be allowed to develop nuclear weapons so all their money is wasted.

Did USA ever let NK build nukes? Also USA is not doing anything right now and Iran is make a nuke as we speak. You have no backup and you only like to bash your enemies. Well guess what.... Enemies have nice stuff too so open your mind a bit and stop being WestPoint.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well like I said Isreal wouldn't go to war with Iran without good reason. Isreal knows that Iran is a powerful nation, and an attack would be a large gamble. As for the rest of the middle east being unstable, Iran is probably the least likely to be attacked. Plus bombers can do the same job but for less money since they're reusable. Although ballistic missles are difficult to shoot down it's not like most of the middle east can afford cutting edge air defense systems. So what I'm saying is that it would probably be more effective for Iran to use traditional aircraft seeing as they're already in range of their enemies. Of course that is a good point about nuclear weapons. I have my doubts that Iran would risk nuclear war by actually using nukes. So the Shahab-3B might be good in small numbers assuming they are loaded with nuclear, biological or chemical warheads.

Speaking of Westpoint what happened to him? I haven't seen him around much. The weapons forum has been queit without him.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Missiles are a sign of power. And about WestPoint i dont know. But I noticed that there is more free minds here then before.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Good point. My suggestion would be to simply build a small amount of Shahab-3Bs, load them with nukes and that way you can say you have them.

I just checked out Westpoints profile, it looks like he hasn't been active since 9/19/04. Probably got caught up with school.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Since the author didn't give the source, I will.

Source

Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Please do not copy and paste

top topics

join