It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raelian Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Raelian Revolution is the world's largest Atheist non-profit UFO related organisation with over 60,000 members in 90 countries.

Here are some recent Raelian messages,

There is no god , there are no atheist terrorists, and no "War on terror"

Call to the International Criminal Court

WARNING : Super colliders should not be used by humanity!

What are your views towards the Raelian revolution?
www.rael.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As a philosophy of religions student, I've had a good number of encounters with the Raelians.

I'd actually classify them as a religion, not a secret society, there's really nothing secret about them. In a nutshell, they believe that our race was created by an alien society through advanced genetics, and that everlasting life can be attained through transfering one's being into a cloned body. They also believe, and this is central, that we must become more peaceful, and accepting as a species. Hatred, bigotry and closed mindedness have no place in their ideology.

Personally, I've hung out with em, and I think they're good people. They stop by my University a few times a year to chill with us and after getting to know em a bit, I really can't find that much wrong with them. Sure, they think that little green (actually grey) men created us, and they follow a former race car driver as a prophet, but for how weird their dogma seems they are quality folks, not dangerous in any way, and I wish em luck.

I think one of the most telling things about them was told to me by Marina, the daughter of the head of CloneAid, their scientific front company. She said that even if the dogma all turned out to be a bunch of BS, she'd still follow the ideals of peace and acceptance that she has learned through the Raelians.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
www.rael.org...

Personally, I'd like the alien cult to present some evidence that it cloned a person or admit that its lying about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Let's just say I wouldn't drink any of their punch, and leave it at that....mkay?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I believe in some of their thought process on creation...but I gotta agree with what Gazrok says too....I know you can't clump all them together as crazies.....I don't really know any of them personally.....but from the press they get, I'd be cautious.....until I got to know some of them on my own, but I'm cautious of anyone I don't know in today's world with the way things are...it's just the smart thing to do these days

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The are irrational loons, in my opinion, with a new age warm and fuzzy ideology that is not unique to them.

they are pretty creepy, with all this cloning, support of a one world govornment, and are surprisingly, dangerously intolerant, as to have true freedom and tolerance, one must tolerate the intolerant and the bigots as well.

thus, by their own philosphy, the Raelians are an intolerant oppresive bunch, with no grasp on natural law, balance, true harmony, and evolution.

Fuzzy fruits in my opinion, though not very dangerous..... yet. Hopefully, they will go the way of other loony UFO cults.

join