It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Bombs Media Center in Gaza, Blames Hamas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Foreign reporters in Gaza are forced to scramble, as their offices are targeted by Israeli bombs. Several journalists have been wounded. Tel Aviv says it wants to send Gaza “back to the Middle Ages” – and is preparing a ground invasion, while militants retaliate with unguided rockets. RT’s Bill Dod talks to Israeli Defence Force spokesperson, Avital Leibovich.

Link

She got a mouthfull of ...

exactly like the CNN anchors .. explaining that the dead palestinian kid who was killed
and his picture showed around the world dead in his dad arms
now they say it was a hamas rocket .. always hamas hamas hamas
Israel is perfect they dont commit intentional "mistakes"

and if they wanted to destroy the antennas
its to stop the other side that is trying to get the truth out
lying son of a gun to say it was a hamas antenna

everything a Israelis spoke man/woman speak .. they are lying for damage control
do they think we will believe everything they say after all the war crimes they have commited ?

edit on 11/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just wish we could all get along

Sorry OP I'am just a bit sad at the state of it all.

But yes she was telling fibs.
edit on 18-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Though I doubt that Israel was intentionally targeting foreign media locations, as the report seems to infer, it does show the indiscriminate nature of these strikes and the complete disregard for civilian life.

War is hell, but attempts should be made to mitigate this as much as possible. I have seen to many reports and videos of dead innocents on both sides to believe civilian casualties are trying to be kept minimal.
edit on 18-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ah Love John Lennon .. btw we have the same birthday

and i fully support his Age of Enlightment ideas (made many threads about this myself)
The Age of Enlightment has started !! (2010)
maybe i should write up a song about the wars now
but these is nothing happy to say about that
at this point im to much pissed with the lies so i make thread to expose liars
before some people actualy believe the lies and go enrole themself in the army
just to kill some big racist hamas terrorist bully that try to hurt and kill innocent jews
(sarcasm for the last line)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What makes you think Hamas isn't putting antennas on that roof? Makes perfect sense to me they would since Hamas loves to use civilians as cover. This is a fact. So why wouldn't they use foreign media sites to incorporate their own antennas? Makes perfect logical sense if you're Hamas. The IDF spokeswoman even said that it's probably not a good idea to be anywhere near anything related to Hamas so unless these foreign journalist had no clue Hamas was operating there then it's definitely their own fault. If you're gonna report from Gaza stay the hell away from anything that looks like its Hamas because Israel can and will bomb it!

Btw, from the IDF YouTube page here's a video of them sending supplies to Gaza.

IDF Ensures Passage of Supplies from Israel to Gaza

edit on 18-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well they could if they want to ..its not like it was a missile base of something
many TV buildings that cover the news also report Hamas official news

probably do the same thing in Israel
im pretty sure they have a IDF entenna on many media center building

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Makes perfect sense to me

Makes perfect logical sense

You would fit right in with the IDF spokespeople.

Show me a video of those pallets of food going into the hands of Palestinians that maybe I would be somewhat swayed into believing this is not propaganda...and it cant be IDF troops dressed up in hamas get ups either

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

They can and do use civilians as cover and you're right Hamas probably already had an antenna there long before this attack started because they are the elected political/military force in that area. So the IDF bombed a known Hamas antenna to shut down their communications. That's war and the IDF knows just about everything there is to know about Gaza and their surrounding Arab nations and they definitely know where Hamas' antenna's are. Israel's intelligence gathering capabilities are top notch.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Hamas has only been in power since 2007 .. this war and treatment towards the Palestine has been going on since the world apparently gave this land to zionist

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Swills

Makes perfect sense to me

Makes perfect logical sense

You would fit right in with the IDF spokespeople.

Show me a video of those pallets of food going into the hands of Palestinians that maybe I would be somewhat swayed into believing this is not propaganda...and it cant be IDF troops dressed up in hamas get ups either

Please, tell my why I would fit right in with the IDF. Is it because I'm not ignorant and know Hamas uses civilians as cover? If you don't believe the IDF sent those supplies that's fine but I'll have to ask you to prove they didn't. See how that works?

What's ironic is that I support the Palestinian cause, minis the death and destruction, and am very critical of the Israeli Gov't and the actions of the IDF but I'll be damned, you say one positive, or really in this case logical, thing about the IDF or Israel and you are immediately attacked. I now know what Pro Israeli/Zionist posters feel like

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by Swills

Hamas has only been in power since 2007 .. this war and treatment towards the Palestine has been going on since the world apparently gave this land to zionist

Doesn't change the fact that since 07 they most likely erected an antenna to broadcast their thoughts.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The IDF? Not intentionally targeting the media? Bwahahahah. Uh.. they did the EXACT SAME THING in Cast Lead.

Israel does what it wants, when it wants, to whom it wants... and if anyone questions that? It's ALWAYS someone elses fault.

Supporters of the IDF and Israel, let me ask you this. If tomorrow, Hamas was to declare a cease fire, take all its rockets and weapons and dump them in the sea. They allow the IDF in to verify this. And the IDF declares them disarmed. Would the blockade be removed? Would Hamas, the democratically elected government be allowed to govern?

Of course I know the response will be "yes of course" or some side tracking like "oh they never would do that". Let's just speculate that they do. Israel would not accept peace. They would find some other excuse to claim they are in danger. They would steal more land, destroy more Palestinian homes, and farms, and Islamic cemeteries, and kill more civilians.

I read comments here on ATS and on CNN, and it just blows my mind. It's not that I believe Israel is 100% wrong and the Palestinians are 100% right. What pisses me off is the ABSOLUTE belief by some people that Israel is absolutely blameless in this. That it is 100% ALL Hamas, and that the civilians and children's deaths are all Hamas fault. That it can in no way be attributed to the IDF. It's this constant blame game that Israel has been playing for over 60 years. I've had about all I can take of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Who in this thread has said Israel is 100% blameless? Who here in this thread has said Hamas is 100% blameless?

You ask, if Hamas laid down their arms would Israel accept peace and lift the blockades? Why are the blockades up in the first place? The truth is that if Hamas gave up their violence against Israel they absolutely would live in peace, but then again I agree every world Gov't is corrupt to the bone and aren't to be trusted, especially the currently Israeli regime.

That said, the blockades have been eased over the years and since Egypt is now in control of the Muslim Brotherhood consider that side of the blockade completely lifted

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The truth is that Israel thinks they can get away with anything without losing the support of their major allies. And that is pretty much the truth. However, Israel still wants to keep the truth from reaching the west, and that is probably why someone mentioned in another thread that Israel was targeting journalists. This is a tactic used HEAVILY by the Soviets in Afghanistan, as they did not want accurate news reports to reach the world, which would have let on to the fact that the USSR's military was slaughtering Afghani citizens by the tens of thousands. It is a common thing used by a country when they are in the wrong.

So apparently all Israel has to do is say it was Hamas, and the problem goes away, despite what the truth is. Hamas does not represent the Palestinian people, therefore why is Israel indiscriminately bombing them? That is what I want to know.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Who in this thread has said Israel is 100% blameless? Who here in this thread has said Hamas is 100% blameless?

You ask, if Hamas laid down their arms would Israel accept peace and lift the blockades? Why are the blockades up in the first place? The truth is that if Hamas gave up their violence against Israel they absolutely would live in peace, but then again I agree every world Gov't is corrupt to the bone and aren't to be trusted, especially the currently Israeli regime.

That said, the blockades have been eased over the years and since Egypt is now in control of the Muslim Brotherhood consider that side of the blockade completely lifted

Seriously? Go look through every post talking about this conflict. You will see plenty of people saying Israel is blameless. Israel has a right to defend itself because it is all Hamas fault. Etc Etc etc.

And I'll just say we'll agree to disagree. I believe if Hamas was to give up its arms, Israel would just see it as a perfect opportunity to grab more land. They will not rest until Israel is 100% cleansed of Palestinians.That's not my words.. that has been quoted by many high ranking Israelis in the past.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
The truth is that Israel thinks they can get away with anything without losing the support of their major allies. And that is pretty much the truth. However, Israel still wants to keep the truth from reaching the west, and that is probably why someone mentioned in another thread that Israel was targeting journalists. This is a tactic used HEAVILY by the Soviets in Afghanistan, as they did not want accurate news reports to reach the world, which would have let on to the fact that the USSR's military was slaughtering Afghani citizens by the tens of thousands. It is a common thing used by a country when they are in the wrong.

So apparently all Israel has to do is say it was Hamas, and the problem goes away, despite what the truth is. Hamas does not represent the Palestinian people, therefore why is Israel indiscriminately bombing them? That is what I want to know.

How can you say for sure 100% that Israel wasn't targeting a Hamas antenna? That history lesson you gave was fascinating because I do love to learn how corrupt these Gov't's are but that doesn't mean that this one particular event is the same as the Russians taking out communications. Trust me, I can see the conspiracy side to this but I just don't think it's the case here. If the IDF wanted to knock out the journalist comms then they would have actually taken out them out but they didn't and their still reporting.

I don't know why it's so far fetched to believe Israel did indeed bomb a known Hamas antenna. How many strikes has Israel made so far, something to the tune of 900 strikes and counting. In battle it's a good idea to take out the enemies communications.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Seriously? Go look through every post talking about this conflict. You will see plenty of people saying Israel is blameless. Israel has a right to defend itself because it is all Hamas fault. Etc Etc etc.

And I'll just say we'll agree to disagree. I believe if Hamas was to give up its arms, Israel would just see it as a perfect opportunity to grab more land. They will not rest until Israel is 100% cleansed of Palestinians.That's not my words.. that has been quoted by many high ranking Israelis in the past.

What's ironic about your post is that many ATS posters are known to be very vocal against Israel, so much so many view ATS as anti Israel. That said, no matter what you're going to get a mixed bagged. Some folks are against this while others are against that and some are neutral. So welcome to life where not everyone thinks the same way.

And what I find really ironic is that there is an old saying that if the Arabs put down their arms and stopped the violence there would be peace but if Israel laid down their arms they would be destroyed, yet you take that and turn it completely around creating something I've never read before until you posted it

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Correction : Anti Israel REGIME
or in another word Anti Zionist
which are similar to the KKK white supremacist group
thinking they are above all superior to all
in fact they are inferior to all until they realise that everyone is egualy important

Anti Israel means anti jews .. which is very racist

so please be more precise when you discuss such sensitive stuff
or many will think you post biased info

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The truth is that if Hamas gave up their violence against Israel they absolutely would live in peace, but then again I agree every world Gov't is corrupt to the bone and aren't to be trusted, especially the currently Israeli regime.

They won't live in peace as long as Israelis are illegally taking homes and property that legally are owned by Palestinians.

This is mostly about racism, with a splash of religious superiority!

How much does this feel like apartheid in South Africa?
edit on 18-11-2012 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

What's ironic about your post is that many ATS posters are known to be very vocal against Israel, so much so many view ATS as anti Israel. That said, no matter what you're going to get a mixed bagged. Some folks are against this while others are against that and some are neutral. So welcome to life where not everyone thinks the same way.

And what I find really ironic is that there is an old saying that if the Arabs put down their arms and stopped the violence there would be peace but if Israel laid down their arms they would be destroyed, yet you take that and turn it completely around creating something I've never read before until you posted it

I suggest you go to google and do a search for "Israeli quotes". Read them. See how people like Golda Meir felt about Palestinians. Or several other leaders of Israel and Mossad and the IDF.

This is not just me making things up. Things I've read, video's I've seen have formed this thought process. I didn't just pull this out of thin air. When you have politicians and military leaders making quotes like

" (The Palestinians are) beasts walking on two legs." Menahim Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts". New Statesman, 25 June 1982.

And....

"When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

you start to wonder...

edit on 18-11-2012 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join