It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebay twinkie gold rush!!!! 40+ dollars a box RIGHT NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Current auction on Ebay...people have gone crazy....

Hostess Twinkies 5 Boxes of 10 Individually Packaged Sponge Cakes FREE SHIP
Returns: Not accepted

69 bids

$999.99
Free shipping Time left: Time left: 20h 6m

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Twinkies are as much an American icon as Coca Cola.
That being said, it's a sad day for all of us in America....I am sincerely hoping they will be bought out and remanufactured some place else. This company has been in trouble for a long time, and this isn't the first time they have filed for bankruptcy. I just hope someone comes along and picks up the reins and brings back America's favorite snack cakes!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This business has been in trouble due to the declining popularity of these kind of sugary, fatty, processed foods. Now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing these products at the grocery store--sure they must be there but looks like shrinking shelf space?

I'm sure someone will buy the Twinkie brand and revive it.....RIP Twinkies !peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just bought 2 packs at the base shopette for less than a buck.

?????

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I dun have 3 boxes! Dang-alanga-ding-dong!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

?????

You should sell them on ebay. You'll make a fortune.

I swear some people are so gullible

I may be gullible, but not gullible enough to buy a cupcake for $100.

Twinkies Apocalypse or no Twinkies Apocalypse.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to eat a twinkie for a hundred bucks, those things are disgusting.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I bought up a bunch when the Hostess news hit. I figured they may be worth money down the road as a collector's item. Turns out down the road was less than a week later. Already made over a grand on them and still have loads left. Booyah

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johneffendoe
I bought up a bunch when the Hostess news hit. I figured they may be worth money down the road as a collector's item. Turns out down the road was less than a week later. Already made over a grand on them and still have loads left. Booyah

I can't see how you can live with yourself by price jacking poor folks..

It's a real shame people are out there just to take advantage of other people.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Last I looked it was $310.00

www.ebay.com...

People are going nuts lol, what are they going to do when bread goes for 10 bucks a loaf lmao

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It's not taking advantage of someone to sell them a snack cake at a highly inflated price. They don't need the cupcake, it's not like price gouging rice and other staples like they did for y2k; those people were being taken advantage of because they believed that S*** hitting the fan was imminent and they were attempting to provide food for their families. It's also not like Gasoline price gouging because gasoline, after a disaster or a supply interruption, is a necessity for most people.

If people want to pay such exorbitant prices that is their own prerogative. Isn't it just a simple case of supply and demand. I mean rare food items sell for bat s*** crazy prices all the time. Look at Beluga caviar or Birds nest soup or Tuna in Japan. If people really like something and they have disposable income they're getting it.

I think it's retarded; for instance a food item I would pay a lot of money for would be pepperoni, but if for some reason everyone who makes it stopped selling it forever, I would make that # at home. Unlike the items i mentioned above that are very expensive; Twinkies are sponge cake with vanilla flavored "cream" on the inside. I say "cream" 'cause that stuff is Crisco and sugar and not much else (probably some of that mexican artificial vanilla made from trees). All of these ingredients are very easily obtainable.

Who knows people are stupid, and apparently very hungry for Twinkies.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wait a moment... People over the age of 10 eat Twinkies? Really? Seriously?

And how did fat, lazy, dumb #'s get so rich

edit on 17-11-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: Face!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I bet this guy here is in extreme depression due to the news regarding hostess.

warning: mild profanity

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
the price will come down again as twinkie feaver fades, it's just like when Michael Jackson died all his memorabilia sky rocketed on ebay, a MJ Sega Master System game I paid £4 for I sold it on ebay for £80 a couple days after MJ passed, now the price is down to around £10

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
twinkies are the most disgusting crap ever produced.

the white cream is a concoction of chemicals banned by the u.n. and infused with criminal amounts of corn syrup.

the actual twinkie is a gastronomical mystery. the factory workers would need a p.h.d and a masters degree in bio-engineering to understand the ingredients.

that's another thing. it isn't actually baked by a human. it's all robotically assembled and mixed in a warehouse because touching the ingredients used to make a twinkie has to be a work hazard safety violation.

the two bravest kinds of human beings on earth are astronauts and a twinkie employee.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

?????

Items would be marked down because Twinkies are a DISCONTINUED product

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well this guy is really going to be bummed out..

Eighty-eight-year-old Lewis Browning of Shelbyville, Indiana, has eaten more than 21,000 Twinkies since 1941.

explore-magazine.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
But my imminently worried self wonders if this Twinkie Apocalypse is an omen of things to come. Yes Hostess has been in trouble. Wal-Mart already sells a generic version. My family rarely bought Hostess because it was generally pricier than other snacks. But Hostess has been around a long time. Another American company failed.

Nationalization of our food producers underway?
www.examiner.com...
www.politico.com...

After all big brother wants to tell us what and when and how much to eat, is this a sign they may someday control the supply of store bought foods?
What if Campell's soup fails and big gov bails em out? Then Swanson TV dinners? so on and so on. After all it has been noted that the TPTB pick the winners and losers.

And dam it all.....I really loved those blueberry dessert cakes.

<< 1   >>

join