It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need more corruption in politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There is an old saying "An honest politician stays bought." Considering all the lobbyists, and others who politicians have to promise in order to get elected, I'd prefer more dishonest politicians. I don't think they should just sell out to the highest bidder, although I don't see why libertarians would be opposed to that. I do believe in pragmatism, and working with the real world, instead of adapting some idealism.

The problem is steadfast ideological values, be they Christian, Neoconservative, or Satanic. Is there really any diference between them? Fundamentally, they are all in the same just ways of dumbing people down. Deny ignorance, and reject these silly beliefs.

If people weren't so willing to obey the government, we wouldn't have major problems with government coverups, or other things. They would all be out in the open. The military-industrial complex would crumble. People wouldn't just follow the stupid orders. Suicide terrorists are the worst example of this, and we need to fight it.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by crontab]

new topics

join