It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor suspended for calling Maddow an angry young man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Ah the gender typing does work both ways, and no one is without "sin".
edit on 15-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Ah the gender typing does work both ways, and no one is without "sin".

Sure does. I guess thats a good excuse for us to never move beyond it

Nice justification, there.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

Because it just plays into the conditioning that women somehow "need" to have long hair and wear makeup in order to be a woman. She looks like a woman to me. She doesn't look like a painted up FOX news bimbo but she looks like a woman.

Why are you calling attractive women bimbo's?

Women do not need to have long hair and wear makeup to be women, but if they choose to look like a dude, be prepared to get called a dude.

Basically what youre saying is that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it must be an ostrich

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Stating a fact

Where is the condemnation?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Stating a fact

Where is the condemnation?

No, you're missing the point. It does happen on both sides. Does that mean its ok to continue to do it, or should we raise the level of discourse to the ACTUAL issues at hand?

Basically, what you are saying, is "they do it, why cant we?". Tell me, when does recess end?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Surely everyone has noticed that the majority of lesbians who choose to look like men wouldnt make attractive women anyways. There is a hideousness that cannot be denied.

I'm sure there is some sort of psychological reasoning that takes place in their heads that goes something like this:

"well I am nasty looking, no man will ever want me, so I'll just switch teams, find another ugly chick, and I'll pretend to be a man".

That may not be verbatim, but the sentiment is there and I truly believe that is why some lesbians choose to look like men.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh so now people want to talk about issues?

Talk about this issues!

That is seriously rich.

And quote where I said it was ok to do it?

Basically saying is saying something that was never said.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You ever listen to Rachel Maddow talk?
She has no problem insulting people.
None in the least.
If she called a male celebrity or public figure an angry little girl she'd get a pat on the back.
The idea that you can lose your job over an insult because she's gay but the people she insults are not is just PC stupidity.

Folks need to get deprogrammed and grow up.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Oh so now people want to talk about issues?

Talk about this issues!

That is seriously rich.

Yup, keep advocating for silliness. I think I just heard the bell....you better get back to class.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
Surely everyone has noticed that the majority of lesbians who choose to look like men wouldnt make attractive women anyways. There is a hideousness that cannot be denied.

I'm sure there is some sort of psychological reasoning that takes place in their heads that goes something like this:

"well I am nasty looking, no man will ever want me, so I'll just switch teams, find another ugly chick, and I'll pretend to be a man".

That may not be verbatim, but the sentiment is there and I truly believe that is why some lesbians choose to look like men.

Wow. Just wow.

You need to get out a little.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So much for talking about issues and moved right along to condescension.

Awesome reply

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So much for talking about issues and moved right along to condescension.

Awesome reply

Yup, keep on going. Advocate the silliness. "Mrs. Hoover, Billy took my legos!".

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Go on quote my "advocation".

By all means quote it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Women do not need to have long hair and wear makeup to be women, but if they choose to look like a dude, be prepared to get called a dude.

Basically what youre saying is that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it must be an ostrich

Looking "like a dude" is subjective. You are told that women are to have long hair and wear makeup to be feminine. You have been conditioned to think that but it is not natural.

Look at nature. Who has the long mane? Who had the bright colorful feathers? Who has the most flamboyant stripes? All males. The females of other species are the short haired plain ones.

To me, a real man has long hair, tattoos, and even a bit of makeup. A real woman is demure, dark, and sleek without the loud accouterments we see so many modern women wear . That is more in line with nature than what pop culture has brainwashed us into thinking.

Just to clarify, I don't insist on women wearing anything other than what they want but it's important for people to realize that their misconceptions are artificial and in no way "right".

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Maddow and Chris Hayes both act the same and look like bro's. If you dress like a man and act like one, don't be surprised if people start calling you an angry young man.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by modified device

whoa,I thought that was Justin Beiber for a sec.

actually she is DOCTOR maddow...she recieved her doctorate degree at oxford university, after being accepted as a rhodes scholar.
but i guess the wisdom, and critical thinking skills of high school graduate glen beck, and college dropouts rush limbaugh and sean hannity are far superior.
edit on 15-11-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

actually she is DOCTOR maddow...she recieved her doctorate degree at oxford university, after being accepted as a rhodes scholar.
but i guess the wisdom, and critical thinking skills of high school graduate glen beck, and college dropouts rush limbaugh and sean hannity are far superior.

And??? She still looks like a man. What's your point?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A Fox news anchor was back on the air Tuesday night following a 2-day suspension for calling MSNBC host Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook.

Full article

That is hilarious.

Since Maddow chooses to look like a man, there is no harm in calling her an angry young man.

Just more oversensitive PC bs from the station who suspended her to fend off complaints from the gay community.

Comedy Gold.

c'mon...this must be put in the hoax catagory....after all it's FOX NEWS, they have no conscience

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by jimmyx

And??? She still looks like a man. What's your point?

point? so...you are giving her a compliment? you have respect for her as a person for looking that way?....OH...OK, sorry, i guess you have a thing for the way she looks....hey, whatever floats your boat.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
looks like a man to me

one that needs to be knocked in the head with a hammer perhaps

I wonder if she would blink just like cats do when you did it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join