It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A soothing light level.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is kinda a take off from "Just a thought"...where the 104 year lasting light bulb was brought up.

It runs at something like 4 watts which is why it never burns out, because of course bulbs literally "burn out" and 4 watts isn't enough to cause this.

SOOOO the article supplied there said little about the 4watt light bulb and said "what we really want is both efficiency AND longevity" and I thought, what an arrogant butthead to tell ME the consumer what I want.

I want a 4 watt light bulb, I think the dimmer light level is much more soothing and probably more helpful for man kind, surely everyone gets a "homely" and welcoming feeling from the gentle light cast by dimmers or by a candle or fire place.

Lighting our world such that it is always day time, probably is not good for the human soul.

What do you think?

(Keep this question in mind for city dwelers who've never left say the Inner Empire, have you ever seen the stars?)

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think that after you pass age 45 you won't want the dimmer bulbs. In fact, I'm darn sure of it.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If you eat more carrots and get more lutein you won't have that problem lol

Carrots help night vision and lutein keeps the eyes from macular degredation and such.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So does a good light...

top topics

join