It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grad rockets over southern Israeli city, About an hour and a half ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Rockets are blastin away.. Stumbled upon this on Liveleak. The video description on the site has more info!

www.liveleak.com...

Let me know if anyone has heard more info on this?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My prayers go out to the regular people on both sides. The citizens in Gaza and Israel alike. Screw the leaders on both ends of this and may NONE of them survive it. I really feel for the normal families just trying to live like everyone else. They did nothing to deserve it but will take the vast majority of suffering while leaders whine about tactics and body counts.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
My prayers go out to the regular people on both sides. The citizens in Gaza and Israel alike. Screw the leaders on both ends of this and may NONE of them survive it. I really feel for the normal families just trying to live like everyone else. They did nothing to deserve it but will take the vast majority of suffering while leaders whine about tactics and body counts.

You and I both buddy! I feel the exact same. I don't see anything but death brought upon innocent civilians

My prayers do go out to them.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I thought Israel had the capability to shoot these incoming rockets down? All be it with the help of UK and US technology. They have Iron Dome in place by now surely?
edit on 15-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
I thought Israel had the capability to shoot these incoming rockets down? All be it with the help of UK and US technology. They have Iron Dome in place by now surely?

Ya it's called the Kippah Dome...like the one the jews wear on their heads.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Well i hope the "Kippah Dome" or Iron Dome works. It would be even better if everyone stopped firing rockets at one another! Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There are currently six Iron Dome launchers operational. But some of the target cities are so close to the launch sites, that Iron Dome doesn't have time to identify the incoming rocket, target it, and launch, before the rocket hits. There are two launchers in Southern Israel, the rest are up north where the more militarily valuable targets are.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It appears a ground war is in the making.

I hope powers that be, prevail and demand peace. But the ball is started rolling.

MG

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wow, the video in the link gave me chills. Air raid sirens with Iron Dome rockets air born, very scary. My heart goes out to all the innocent civilians.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
As someone who lives far away from this conflict ..even from downunder its very plain to see..no matter the amount of rockets heading Israels way the death and maiming toll will be approx 10 Israelis to 1000 Palestininans.
In ww2 this would be called a massacre of civilians but seeing as the legal system is predominantly pro Israeli I doubt anyone will be prosecuted as the historical precedents have shown.
Lets hope it all ends soon.
In 1948 approx 200 British troops weary from WW2 fighting Hitler were massacred by a jewish terror group in Palestine.
With USA pressure Britain pulled out of Palestine and the Jewish terror groups mobilised into an Army via american weapons and money..thus Palestine became Israel.

This is something they do not talk about in New York..the very people who donate to the Israel army.
There is no room for truth in this conflict..there never has been since the Palestinians had their villages destoyed and were driven out of the prime land of the now....Israel.

That is just my perspective after reading History ..first hand accounts..and evidence.

There are so many Palestinian refugees and their children. grandchildren in Australia via lebanon ect .

The evidence is undeniable..yet it is denied continually.
The hypocrisy is almost Biblical in scope.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Here

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalFire

I take it from the stream Iron Dome seems to work rather well! Thats really rather impressive.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Depending on the engagement it has between a 75-80% success rate.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well i hope the "Kippah Dome" or Iron Dome works. It would be even better if everyone stopped firing rockets at one another! Just a thought.

Seriously how hard it is to get along with others... Theses people need to grow the hell up there's no reason for war.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm

Seriously how hard it is to get along with others... Theses people need to grow the hell up there's no reason for war.

Bull****.
There are a lot of reasons for war. Not as many as our politicians would like for us to believe, but even the U.N. recognizes the concept of "just war", as does international law. We can argue for a long, long time about whether the Israel / Hamas conflict *is* a "just war", but the fact that you refuse to acknowledge that war is sometimes (rarely, but sometimes) an acceptable, even unavoidable, course of action shows that you're working from a false premise. As any logic student will tell you, any argument based on a false premise will be a false argument.

That small rant aside, it can be very hard to get along with others, particularly when your neighbors have "death to you" written right into the lease on their condo. Regardless of which side *started* this mess, the fact is that, having started neither the Six Day War or the Yom Kippur war (but winning both), Israel has already bartered away the entire Sinai peninsula in attempt to settle their borders. They've offered to share territory (not, perhaps, as much as Hamas would like, but the offers have been made). Isn't it time for Hamas to offer *something* in return other than rocket fire? That's how "negotiation" works, but Hamas is determined to have all of their cake, or none. As long as they have that attitude, they're going to be very hard to get along with.

No, I'm not proclaiming the Israelis as a whole civilization of yarmulke-wearing saints...their military has huge issues with command and control, and a cowboy attitude that's down-right dangerous. What I *am* saying is that, in the immortal words of a certain Klingon general, "Peace is only possible when both sides desire it". Until Hamas decides that they want peace, there *will* be a war. Full stop.

new topics

top topics

join