It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Experts Study Pitlochry Footage (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What in the hell is this? any thoughts?

A couple possiblity.

1. A high altitude spy blimp
2. A weather balloon

any other thoughts?

www.thecourier.co.uk...

Snippet:

Still shots and a video of both sightings are undergoing expert analysis. Adrian is reserving judgment on whether 'contact has been made' until he gets an expert opinion. ''I have never seen anything like it,'' said the father-of-one, who lives with his wife Nicolete and two-year-old son Alex. ''I watch out the window every day and we have a beautiful view, but I have never seen such a strange thing. It didn't make any noise.'' Adrian said the UFO looked to be around five metres wide and was changing colour and flashing in the middle of woodland on the far side of Loch Faskelly. He claimed the clouds around it were moving but a red cloud seemed to hover above it. ''I went to use the bathroom and my mother was watching it, but when I came back it had gone. She said it just disappeared.'' Matt Lyons, of BUFORA, said it was a ''bonus'' to receive video footage rather than just photographs.

edit on 14-11-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
the diamond shape split with a line in the middle is a zoom out of focus feature seen in most modern cameras, I'm no expert but I've seen this in person by zooming into a star in the night sky, the object is not this shape, it could be a street light/star/anything, too far away (or too bright) for the cheap camera to zoom and focus on.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
And what does a video like this have to do with UFOs?
With the flood of things like this, is it any wonder most witnesses never report their sightings?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
the diamond shape split with a line in the middle is a zoom out of focus feature seen in most modern cameras, I'm no expert but I've seen this in person by zooming into a star in the night sky, the object is not this shape, it could be a street light/star/anything

Nothing more needs to be said about this.

This is not a UFO, this is a common star/planet in the sky.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It kinda looks like something Gort would walk out of...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

the diamond shape split with a line in the middle is a zoom out of focus feature seen in most modern cameras, I'm no expert but I've seen this in person by zooming into a star in the night sky, the object is not this shape, it could be a street light/star/anything

Nothing more needs to be said about this.

This is not a UFO, this is a common star/planet in the sky.

Agreed. Put creepy music behind anything that is filmed in low light with an extreme zoom and presto. Instant "UFO"

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The BBC are carrying the story HERE

The video includes an interview with the guy who took the video.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Could be anything....

The diamond shape is typical of a single punctual light that the camera can't focused on.

Here's my "collection" of same unfocused lights:

Here are some other examples taken from various "UFO" videos:

1- UFO, Wiltshire 2006

Here, the camcorder focused on the background, thus the "star-like" aspect of the light.

2- UFO over Grays, Essex, flying January 1, 2012

3- UFO found in Jinhua Zhejiang China, September 3, 2010

etc...
edit on 14-11-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
It kinda looks like something Gort would walk out of...

No I wouldnt!...I mean "Matu Kliat Kitar"

Looks like a star to me, with low light distortion.
Or it could be a Chinese lantern.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

the diamond shape split with a line in the middle is a zoom out of focus feature seen in most modern cameras, I'm no expert but I've seen this in person by zooming into a star in the night sky, the object is not this shape, it could be a street light/star/anything, too far away (or too bright) for the cheap camera to zoom and focus on.
edit on 14-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting that , I believe you are correct , Strange how not one technician in the media pointed this out
before it was taken up by the bbc media heh.....!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Wow, interesting 'collection'. I have to admit I've never seen these types of out-of-focus effects as I usually use manual focus. The next-to-last example is the closest I've seen but without the horizontal line.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Good grief! Why are people so gullible!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Exactly.
Star.

top topics

join