It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened? Orange plugin ad border?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

FAQ: Why doesn’t the plug-in support Internet Explorer?
Most Internet Explorer users are working in a corporate environment and we determined research for work should be thorough and complete. Not by those too lazy to read the entire article. Plus, Windows 8 / Internet Explorer 10 just shipped and we didn’t want to have to re-write our plug-in.

Ahahaha at least they've got a good sense of humour!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
All hail sloth bringer of shorter points.

I for one welcome our new sloth of thought overlord, and can't wait to be told what I find worthy or interesting. I mean who here hasn't opened a thread and after struggling through that whole first sentence realized you had an entire paragraph to go.Can't people express their ideas in shorter sentences, maybe like the catch phrases our politicians use that rob almost all complex situations of any merit and reduce them to soundbites.

(that was sarcasm)

If the plug in wanted to impress me it would have the feature of turning long rambling wall of text posts into coherent punctuated thoughts.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the beta link.

Looks like a great follow-on test for liquid helium.

I downloaded Chrome and the tldr plugin, and tried on a couple sites... Seems to work pretty good!

I had a little trouble with the instructions for the beta install. I've never used Chrome, and couldn't find a "Window" menu as per this...

Next, open Chrome's extension window by selecting the "Window" menu and choosing the Extensions command

...so I just typed Chrome://extensions in the URL window to go directly to extensions area.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for the plug-in! Works very well in Google chrome browser, was easy to install. Does save a lot of time summarizing page content so I can decide to delve further or move on quickly. Very clever, useful & efficient little tool!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Well, you can bet I was excited to try your new toy; and I did.

I like it. But it is not very funny.

I don't suppose you could teach it to translate in a couple of forms of American vernacular English? I was thinking Ebonics and Redneck.

Please let me know,

Thanks guys,

X.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd join the beta if it didn't require Facebook.

Never stepped foot into facebook, don't see a reason now.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

S.O. has been kind enough to provide a link to the beta for ATS members... No Facebook needed.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ATS members can get the direct link to the beta instructions here

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I like the Background

ŧhe orange color stimulate creativity
productivity, pleasure , optimism, enthusiasm
emotional expression

mmm interesting

edit on 11/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by fourthmeal

S.O. has been kind enough to provide a link to the beta for ATS members... No Facebook needed.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ATS members can get the direct link to the beta instructions here

Appreciated! Too bad its for Chrome only on this link here.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hey,

This is interesting. Here is a company called Radar Networks that attempted to get a project off the ground called Twine.

It was meant to be a social networking site that intended to use Natural Language Processing to, at the very least, aid users in categorizing their search interests.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then I found this short blurb that helps to explain what happened to Twine...

www.quora.com...#

There are other links out there for those that wish to pursue that further.

But what I find is most interesting, is that there seems to be some very quiet but super-intense competition out there right now, to see who will successfully make this stuff work, and get people excited and in to using it. Very interesting to watch, indeed, seems like folks are really racing to homestead the web.

Wagon trains, Ho!

X.

Oh, and by the way, the folks that I am finding that are in to this stuff all seem to have ties to orgs like DARPA...

Nova (Ed. The guy that created Twine) has worked at Individual, Xerox/Kurzweil, Thinking Machines, and also with SRI International on the DARPA CALO program and nVention.

www.shrinkrapradio.com...

Hmmmm. Seems this is all developing based on a theme.

Well, guys, at least thanks for making this all the most interesting thing that is happening on the web. For good or bad.

I sincerely appreciate the education that I am getting by proxy.

You must realize that if folks really began to get a whiff of what this all means and how we are all involved in it; their heads would pop. Just like that.

Back soon.

Oh, and if you look at that 'shrinkwrapradio' article you will find that Nova, the creator of Twine, is also the disciple of a 'secret' Tibetan lama.

P.S. Oh my God! Soylent Green is made from people!
edit on 14-11-2012 by Xoanon because: run!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I now close my eyes when I click on new links.

Ats used to be a good way to relax. That colour sends me nuts!
edit on 14-11-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How do we get rid of orange border?
I would prefer ... dark mood green is this possible?
Does this plugin work with firefox/
Google chrome has an agenda.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Supposedly you go here and "like" it on facebook to get beta access. Beta means still in testing, use at own risk. No way I am doing it myself, and exposing family/friends on facebook to it

Thats nice but Why are we seeing this? I have seen this for two days now. Is it only an advertisement? If it's something you have to opt into why is it even here?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

With Firefox you can hold the Control key and tap the + sign a couple of times till the window refits your screen. Probably a real help for mobile devices that limit print size anyways.
It will be interesting to hear back from the beta testers to get their impressions and maybe they will reprint a few summations for those of us that aren't sold yet.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I had enough of this orange color, put up with it for a few days...but I have had enough of it; I'll be back when its gone!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Very annoying indeed. And no way to get rid of it, atleast, I haven't found it yet.

On iPad you only see the orange colour, but no sloth or anything. Now, on PC again, I do see it. And it bugs me.

Why would I want "anything" that tracks what I read, when I read, and then decides what parts I might find interesting ? Get out of my life. Now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
VERY tacky, SO, appearance and motive wise.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The new border is not formatted properly in my browser. I would have to minimize the screen a couple of taps to see it all. Then I would need a magnifying glass to read it. Just say'n

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TommyD

I see that that orange thing is gone for now; so I'm back onboard again...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The plugin is now live (but still BETA) and available in the Chrome Store

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join