It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous - Operation Einstein

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What do you have to say about the greek uprising?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I admit that I'm not well suited to this and I'm going to need your help understanding. Please accept that, simply because I don't understand it, doesn't mean I'm opposed to it. I can't be, I don't know what "it" is.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. When is the last time you stood up against something you did not agree with. Did you just sit back and complain about the topic, law, or idea. Why did you not start a movement, protest, or campaign. As humans it is your duty to be an equal, to stand up and fight for every right we are to be granted in life.
Ok, I understand that they're asking us to do more than talk, but to do something else. ("Movement, protest, or campaign" is a little vague, don't you think?)

You might be over-thinking things a bit. Anonymous was born from an ideal that cyberspace should be independent, from corporation, religion and government control, that will never change. Like the internet, Anonymous has no central structure, it doesn't have official moderators or leaders. So it is anyone's guess which direction it will go in the future, it's the result of thousands of minds as a collective.
Anonymous believes all information should be available for all, so the individual can decide what is fact. Because of this anon "#OPs" often deal with manipulating or withholding information. Their goals often align with other groups of activists. True Activist, The Hacker News, Freedom Informant Network and of course Wikileaks ... that sort of thing.
One of the pillars of Anonymous it to do your own critical thinking and come up with your own conclusions and solutions (which is why it's so important to have all the facts). There is a lot of disagreement, but we are divided by none.

One of FINs videos.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Oscar Wilde

edit on 19/11/2012 by seudonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seudonymous

Dear seudonymous,

Thank you very much for your thorough response and all the links you've provided. I've watched the two videos, very different styles, but very similar message. Thanks for taking the time.

I may very well be over-thinking, it's a character flaw I'm told about frequently. If I understand correctly, I should be getting as much information I can, bypassing the obviously biased sources, critically think about what I learn, then come up with my own thoughts on how to deal with what I've learned. Can't argue with that.

So it is anyone's guess which direction it will go in the future, it's the result of thousands of minds as a collective.
I'm not used to thinking of thousands of minds as a collective. Is that similar to the hundreds of minds in Congress as a collective? Granted, Congress has lobbyists, corruption, greed and all that stuff, but they are a group of hundreds finding their own direction after agreeing on a course of action. Is Congress a good analogy?

There is a lot of disagreement, but we are divided by none.
What happens when there is disagreement? Does work on that question come to a halt? Majority rules? But maybe I'm over-thinking again.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Oh, I wouldn't say over thinking is a character flaw
.A lot of people try too say anonymous stands for this or that, but the truth is there is too much diversity for a group like that to be united on all issues.It is a problem many activist groups face, What deserves attention and whats the best actions to take, and how do we keep our egos out of it..
The first video is by FIN (freedom information network) not technically an Anonymous video, but they are fairly vocal about supporting Anonymous. It's those sorts of forums (more specifically forums that dont retain threads) where Ops are discussed and a plan is formulated, along with live video chat rooms. There has been a definite shift from doing things just for the lulz too wanting to improve the world, People have had a taste of rEvolution, and they like it.
Yes! A congress would be a good analogy, the U.N. symbol is used to portray that sort of an organization, a congress for the internet. That's where the anonymity is handy, it helps prevents anons being corrupted or persecuted by those that would seek to control them. Of course anonymous is very easy to infiltrate, but that's where the critical thinking comes into play, dont back an Op unless you defiantly agree with it.
Generally Ops are planned by a small group of people who then present it to the anon collective. Many Ops simply never get the support necessary to achieve anything. If some support it and others dont, it becomes fairly obvious there is a difference of opinion. Taking direct action against a fellow anon is a big no, no, but you can be as vocal as you like. When a video was posted threatening to blow up parliament house on Nov 5th, nearly every Anonymous group condoned it, and some suggested anons report/ troll the video, which is an extreme. On the other hand when wiki-leaks put up a pay-wall for some leaks, lots of people where pissed, but others said given Assange's circumstances it's understandable, Anonymous still supports wiki-leaks, but there is still division on the matter. As a result there is #Opmayham, which is all about setting up a P2P network, effectively known as Tylor (Fight Club reference) for whistle blowers to use. And recently there has been a lot of heated debates about #Oppalistine, and what action it should be taking, but there is one thing every anon can agree on, We can Not allow Gaza's internet to go black.
edit on 19/11/2012 by seudonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I have a real bad feeling about Anonymous.

They sound a bit like Vrillon, too.
edit on 19-11-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join