It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some nice, topical quotes for ATS to think about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"We used to think that secrecy was perhaps the greatest enemy of democracy, and as long as there was no suppression or censorship, people could be trusted to make the informed decisions that would preserve our free society, but we have learned in recent years that the techniques of misinformation and misdirection have become so refined that, even in an open society, a cleverly directed flood of misinformation can overwhelm the truth, even though the truth is out there, uncensored, quietly available to anyone who can find it."
-Daniel Dennett

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
-Socrates

"Man... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."
-Dalai Lama

"Homo sapiens, the first truly free species, are about to decommission natural selection, the force that made us.... Soon we must look deep within ourselves and decide what we wish to become."
-Edward O. Wilson

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Pretty good ones.
Here are a few of my personal ones.

"I'm no expert, but I know what F'ed up looks like."

"If cows could fly, they wouldn't eat grass."

"If you can look with a wide enough perspective, everything becomes irrelevant."

- Watchitburn

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

I always find Dalai Lama's quotes to be inspirational, get your noggin working, ya'know?
edit on 11/12/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

join