It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"And So It Begins"...REALLY??? Are You Really That Arrogant?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What the hell is it with this statement?

It seems that so many posters believe that when they post this statement with their threads of "DOOM", "FEAR", "APOCALYPSE" "2012!" and on and on and on..., it's the only statement they have to make on a poorly constructed and researched OP.

"This is it" and "SO IT BEGINS!"...WTH?

What makes you so knowledgeable that you can proclaim the end of the World with your simple 4 word statement and then just leave it at that? As if that's all that needs to be said with no discussion, argument,etc?

This is nothing but an attempt to gain stars and flags with no knowledge, research or insight of the subject at hand.

In the last few weeks I have personally witnessed at least 30 threads with "And so it begins" titles or opening content. What is beginning? How do you know? What makes it so? Most of these threads are only one or two sentences with one source (Maybe) and that's it. And then "And So It Begins!".

We all know what is happening in the World. We all know how close we are to WW3. We all know about the encroaching Police State. I myself have posted many threads on these very subjects.

But believe me when I say that when it truly begins, you won't have the chance to post it. So quit the drama and let's discuss what's REALLY happening so that when it is TRULY beginning, no one will cry wolf.

Peace

edit on 12-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

actually this is not for rant. it is sad, that some human beings have a life situation, where they "have to" bring up sensational things to give their life a purpose.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jude11

actually this is not for rant. it is sad, that some human beings have a life situation, where they "have to" bring up sensational things to give their life a purpose.

Trust me, it's for RANT because I can't stand the GLP approach on an ATS thread.

I guess I'm a little protective of what I consider my home...

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I like your wolf picture. That's my favorite animal.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

ok, i just wanted to say, that accusation and anger is not appropriate, because the condition these doomers and gloomers are in, mentally, is not enviable.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Maybe the point is just to simply get your attention. It worked.

Attention Acquired. = Mission Successful.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
reply to post by jude11

I like your wolf picture. That's my favorite animal.

Ok, that made me smile.

Off topic just enough to lighten the mood.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by jude11

Maybe the point is just to simply get your attention. It worked.

Attention Acquired. = Mission Successful.

aww. crap...it did work...DAMN!!!

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Oh yea, and by the way I'm wondering if any of you remember the most popular phrase after 9/11?

"Now more than ever" Man was that ever played out to disgust.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by jude11

ok, i just wanted to say, that accusation and anger is not appropriate, because the condition these doomers and gloomers are in, mentally, is not enviable.

In the last year I have found myself in the same position as many "Aware" folks. But I have never arrived at the point of claiming "And So It Begins". Even if I thought so, the term is nothing but drama and an attempt at attention IMO.

It's nothing but a Hollywood cliche statement.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Oh yea, and by the way I'm wondering if any of you remember the most popular phrase after 9/11?

"Now more than ever" Man was that ever played out to disgust.

I will always remember "If you're not with us, You're against us".

Just as sad and just as cliche.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
How about "If you can't stand behind the troops feel free to stand in front of them."

How sick is that? "Patriotic" mothers and fathers advocating their sons and daughters become treasonous scum and murder US citizens just because they don't support the precious troops.

America died on 9/11, maybe we can revive as a zombie one day then cure ourselves through spirit and come back to life, but as of now we're all riding on a dead body as it's wheeled into the morgue.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Buddy, if I were half decent looking, I'd kiss for face for that rant. There's nothing more ridiculous, pretentious, and dorky as the phrase "And so it begins."
I always imagine the guy who says it as having unwashed, uncombed, bowl cut hair, five thousand cats, and cheese cracker/peanut butter crumbs on his lips, held there by his buttfluff moustache, as he sits in the easy chair he inherited from his grandmother when grampa died.
edit on 12-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCounselor
reply to post by jude11

Buddy, if I were half decent looking, I'd kiss for face for that rant. There's nothing more ridiculous, pretentious, and dorky as the phrase "And so it begins."
I always imagine the guy who says it as having unwashed, uncombed, bowl cut hair, five thousand cats, and cheese cracker/peanut butter crumbs on his lips, held there by his buttfluff moustache, as he sits in the easy chair he inherited from his grandmother when grampa died.
edit on 12-11-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

Ok, funny as hell but really...

I never kiss on a first date...well almost never.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You forgot to add "Here we go", especially when used to refer to a disaster. Why is it that some people can sound excited about death and destruction?

Good rant.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
People need to accept the end of the world is nigh.

Has been for the last 60 years.

Everybody waiting for the "tipping point" are wasting their time, its creeping up slowly around - The apocalypse could have been and gone and they still wouldn't have noticed.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well for some people it may be it haha....especially the ones in the flooded areas right now...i dont know who posted what or where they are from but people come from all walks of life...maybe where they are at it is it! In general everyone is over dramatic on here.....everyone...we have passion about the topics we believe in...its ok....we need passionate people...just as you are passionate about some of the nonsense that sprouts up on here...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And I'm down for being a warrior against that # brother.

Some would say it's an attempt at asserting one's ability to manifest things into fruition. Who may know.

edit on 12-11-2012 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You forgot to add in the saying "TSHTF", or as I like to call it fear-mongering at its finest.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And so it begins.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join