It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Electric crewman attacked in NY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

Here is the link
This is really sad....

Lakeland Electric Lineman Attacked in New York

By John Chambliss
THE LEDGER

LAKELAND | A Lakeland Electric lineman helping to restore power in New York was beaten Friday as he walked into a restaurant.
John Applewhite, 34, suffered a broken jaw, cheekbone and has several fractured bones in his face. Applewhite, a lineman for 12 years at the utility, was flown back to Tampa on Saturday.
He’s currently being treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

Nothing was stolen from Applewhite. Applewhite said this morning he doesn’t know why he was attacked.

link to story
I See now I was too late..I tried - was the least I could do considering everyone has been so nice to me since joining

edit on 12-11-2012 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Here ya go...

Lakeland Electric Lineman Attacked in New York

The incident occurred about 7:15 p.m. as Applewhite and a fellow lineman walked into a Texas Roadhouse in East Hempstead, N.Y., according to the Nassau County Police Department.

A man driving a dark BMW yelled at Applewhite and his fellow lineman, John Barefoot.

“I thought he may have been asking about his power,” Applewhite said.

The man in the BMW parked, exited the car and walked toward Applewhite.

Applewhite said he walked toward the man while his friend stayed back at the truck. When he reached the man, Applewhite was punched in the face and possibly hit with an object, he said.

So apparently they were off duty and getting a bite to eat when some nut in a bmw started trouble.

Thanks for that. I as well as a few of us emailed a few news stations an papers trying to get it on the news or in the paper. Glad to see it there. Anyway, he's doing good...I wonder why he was punched..he took allot of damage...I guess thats why they think maybe he was hit with a object. Also, it doesnt say this but someone got out a baseball bat. IDK if it was the guy who hit th other guy, or one of the other lineman trying to protect their friend.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by snarky412

The flip side to your theory is most "wealthy" people don't like to get their hands dirty nor do they like doing without.

Usually wealthy means pampered, spoiled......or at least IMO.

The few well off people I have known, would show their azz in the same manor just because they can.
In their little world, they think they are some body and usually look down their nose at us "regular" folks expecting us to jump at their every whim.

Knowing many of wealthy people, sounds like your experience is very much geographic in nature.
All the wealthy people I know are the first to roll up their sleeves.
They are the first to volunteer.

The article stated a guy driving a BMW.....so probably upper class.

And yes, many I know don't get their hands dirty, that's why they hire help.
And no, they do NOT like doing with out. That simple.
They, for the most part, are pampered.
Not all, but a lot of them are spoiled and arrogant.

It has nothing to do with geographic....it has to do with "class"

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What a shame a guy helping out gets injured by some I want it now baby. The east coast and west coasts are filled with I want it now progressives. They cry and cry for tolerance until it is something they want.
And then you better watch out because they know what is best for everyone accept themselves.

I am not saying all people but it seems like if your were to shake the country all the progressives tend to shake out to the edges.
edit on 13-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is an extremely tragic story. Back when Frances and Jeanne hit my area of residence, I lived in the direct path of the eye... for both storms.

That being said, my area was hit pretty hard and I was one of the last people to get my power restored (6-7 weeks).

Those who turned my power back on were Canadians who traveled all the way down from Ontario. While they were working on restoring our power, my entire neighborhood cooked what food they could and fed the Canadians as much as their stomachs could hold. My entire area was more than grateful for the help the Canadians gave us. We all wished we could have done more for all of their hard work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join