It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Succeed "Invisibility Cloaking Method" Recent News!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Invisibility cloaking in 'perfect' demonstration - 12 November 2012 New News.

Scientists have succeeded in "cloaking" an object perfectly for the first time, rendering a centimetre-scale cylinder invisible to microwaves. Many "invisibility cloak" efforts have been demonstrated, but all have reflected some of the incident light, making the illusion incomplete. A Nature Materials study has now shown how to pull off the trick flawlessly.
read more

It's well good news to know scientists are coming out to the public but i seriously think they should at least share more detail of videos & photos of actually tests of cloaking something.
edit on 11-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Does invisible to microwaves mean that it is also invisible to the eye. Interesting if true, but I suppose they do not need to be linked to work on both accounts.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is indeed a breakthough in a right direction. However, I don't see much practical use of rendering microwaves invisible other than on the warzone (radar, field cloaking from security cameras, stealth aircrafts, etc).

At least we're getting somewhere, even though we've managed to cloak things from the naked eye before.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ill tell you what their doing wrong....

They shouldnt be searching for a material that absorbs or bends light... they should be using projected heat distortion fields to bend light around them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Does invisible to microwaves mean that it is also invisible to the eye. Interesting if true, but I suppose they do not need to be linked to work on both accounts.

For a microscopic substance to be invisible to Microwaves means that the Microwaves were not returned by bouncing off or reflecting off the object thus your eyes would not be able to see the object in a Larger Matrix of the Material. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
using a cloaking device is a violation of the "Prime Directive"

violators could face a Starfleet court marshall

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by lewman

For a microscopic substance to be invisible to Microwaves means that the Microwaves were not returned by bouncing off or reflecting off the object thus your eyes would not be able to see the object in a Larger Matrix of the Material. Split Infinity

Actually anything that is invisible to microwaves would still be visible to the naked eye. Invisible to microwaves is a fancy way of saying "you can't see this on your radar".

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Many years ago (about 6 or so but it has since disappeared of the face of the interwebs), a University (I want to say Kentucky) was written about on Flightglobal.com for making an RC plane "disappear" while in flight. It was only about a 2 meter plane, but still, from the pictures released, you couldn't even see a hint of the plane. I think the reason that it disappeared was because of the comments made by one of the deans involved. He stated that we had developed stealth systems capable of defeating almost all radars, and were moving into the visual, and microwave range.

Having seen how fast stealth has developed (and having seen some damn oddities on F-22 test flights over my head in Alabama), I have no doubt that some kind of visual field has either already been fielded, or is in the process of being fielded, and we're moving into even more types of stealth.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I thought I had read about this technology earlier this year.

Yep here is the link from January this year:

www.realclearscience.com...

Researchers have "cloaked" a three-dimensional object, making it invisible from all angles, for the first time.

It's still cool, but I wonder if it's something different or if it is recycled news.

Edit: It's the same author for both articles -- Jason Palmer. Is BBC getting lazy, or are they that far out of the loop? lol
edit on 11-11-2012 by wagnificent because: answered my own question

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

I know what you mean, When i first found this was the latest news regarding Science on BBC news i kind of thought to myself "Yay what's new now?" Though this is good news for other scientists now they all can work together and share advice & methods..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
so not invisible to the eye..just to microwaves. in other words microwaves flow around an object rather than bouncing off it

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I cant help feel that article is.... not exactly lies but. I believe we have MUCH better technology than that. However the lie must be upheld so they dangle something primitive in front of us.

Hows everyone else dealing with being inside a suppressed technology Rothschild prison
?
edit on 11-11-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Microwaves is a term that describes very small EM Spectrum Wave Lengths. Since Light or Photons as well as Electrons or Electricity as well as Radio Waves being in this same group of it being a Particle/Wave Form in the Electromagnetic Spectrum...as the wave exists smaller in length between that waves crests...an specific material as is described in this Topic may be designed not to allow EM Particle/Wave Forms to reflect back after encountering such material which has been designed to allow Light or Radio or any other EM Broadcast to flow past the materials design geometry and elementary molecular construct without bouncing back to the broadcast source.

Thus Photons or Light would simply not be able to reflect back to the Human Eye as we see Light in a wide spectrum of Medium Wavelength. We cannot see light in it's Smaller Wavelength or see Light that cannot reflect off an object back to our eyes. We would not see it. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Like this isn't 50 year or older technology surfacing, or anything.

They need to release the clean tech!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
Hows everyone else dealing with being inside a suppressed technology Rothschild prison
?
edit on 11-11-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

Imaginary prisons are the worst sort. You don't even realise that you're free...

Of choaurse they have better tech than this. But it's all on the super space ship we've got orbiting the sun, that people keep noticing, but we've successfully pulled off as being camera sensor glitches and dust. lol

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

Microwaves is a term that describes very small EM Spectrum Wave Lengths. Since Light or Photons as well as Electrons or Electricity as well as Radio Waves being in this same group of it being a Particle/Wave Form in the Electromagnetic Spectrum...as the wave exists smaller in length between that waves crests...an specific material as is described in this Topic may be designed not to allow EM Particle/Wave Forms to reflect back after encountering such material which has been designed to allow Light or Radio or any other EM Broadcast to flow past the materials design geometry and elementary molecular construct without bouncing back to the broadcast source.

Thus Photons or Light would simply not be able to reflect back to the Human Eye as we see Light in a wide spectrum of Medium Wavelength. We cannot see light in it's Smaller Wavelength or see Light that cannot reflect off an object back to our eyes. We would not see it. Split Infinity

Eh...I don't know what you just said, but you can't see Microwaves with the naked eye. You can see light in the Visible Light spectrum, and Microwaves aren't a part of that. If this was applied to planes, they would not show up on Doppler Radar, but they would still be visible to the naked eye.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Interesting invisible soldier video, supposedly captured by insurgents.
Fast forward to 3:40 to see the soldier

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Their use of Microwaves was needed to determine just how Invisible this material was to Reflected Light, Radar, IR-Detection...etc.

Yes of course the Human eyes cannot see Microwaves...but if the Material will not even reflect Microwaves...it will not reflect anything in the EM Spectrum that is of a Greater Wavelength than Microwaves...such as VISIBLE LIGHT!

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

Their use of Microwaves was needed to determine just how Invisible this material was to Reflected Light, Radar, IR-Detection...etc.

Yes of course the Human eyes cannot see Microwaves...but if the Material will not even reflect Microwaves...it will not reflect anything in the EM Spectrum that is of a Greater Wavelength than Microwaves...such as VISIBLE LIGHT!

Split Infinity

That's not exactly how it works...

The material doesn't reflect microwaves at all. If it did, then it wouldn't be invisible to radar.

The design principles that make the cloak work in microwaves would be difficult to implement at optical wavelengths. But microwaves are important in many applications, principally telecommunications and radar, and improved versions of cloaking could vastly improve microwave performance.

Like I said, radar and other uses for microwaves
edit on 11-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
Interesting invisible soldier video, supposedly captured by insurgents.
Fast forward to 3:40 to see the soldier

Clicking on the video YouTube link produces a "This Video Doesn't Exist" message from YouTube. Either it was pulled without explanation or you got something wrong in the way you linked to it. Would you try to repost it or maybe if you have a problem with the ATS video link format you could just post the web page address.

<<   2 >>

join