It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voters Say 'No to 37', I Say What The Hell!?!? {Bamboozled!!!!!}

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am left absolutely bamboozled by the fact that Californians had an actual VOTE to say they wanted GMO labelling and they voted NO!

'They' (Monsanto and co) have won, the people in California at least had the damn choice to decide to have the right to know what is in their food and whether it has been genetically modified and collectively, they said 'no'.

It is symbolic. I know many here hate David Icke but he summed the whole thing up quite nicely-

The potential for humanity to expand its consciousness and awareness is as infinite as reality itself, but within the eternal realms of All Possibility also lurks the opportunity to be solid concrete bloody stupid. It can be depressing sometimes to realise how many are up for that challenge.

The quest to be inexplicably, self-abusing, loved-ones abusing stupid was superbly met this week when millions voted against Proposition 37 in California. When anyone asks me from now on how stupid I think the human race can potentially be I will always reply: see Proposition 37.

Now congratulations to the 4.2 million Californians who can see the obvious, but taking into account that rigging the vote to an extent is par for the course in the United States these days, the fact remains that large numbers of Californians (officially 4.8 million) actually voted against their right to know what is in the food that they and their families consume and even greater numbers - nearly 48 per cent of those eligible to vote - didn’t feel the need to even participate. That is a shocking level of utter stupidity, idiocy and brain-cell deficiency.

Do they not know what genetically-modified food is doing to their health, their children’s health and the health of virtually the entire American population - or that it is re-writing the human genetic code?

Clearly not and ignorance is often fatal as well as stupid.

I know it hasn't got much report on ATS, but I find it infuriating, millions had the choice to set the standard and get the ball rolling for nationwide GMO labelling, they gave the the people the choice and they declined!!

What the hell folks?

edit on 11-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Because monsanto had commercials on every station in cali every 5 minutes telling about how stupid 37 was, that itd raise food prices, blablablablabla, is unfair because itll rrquire special labelling on soy milk and not rral milk, bla bla bla. But the magic hat trick was they flat out lied about what it was. And sheeple dont research amything themselves.

See this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow, shows how much I paid attention to the current election/voting cycle. I live in Cali, saw the Commercials and thought for sure the State that Voted to Legalize (I think there is some problem on ATS mentioning the name) would vote to have there food labeled correctly. Guess I was wrong.

But, isn't basically everything made now have some GMO food in them?? So, the funny thing would be is that almost everything you buy would have a GMO label on it. Scary.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can only say that big money does rule everything and Monsanto is among the very top of the power pyramid on our planet, at this point in time. When they succeed in literally patenting the seed to make a plant...with the only remaining REAL ones being in a Seed Vault in the far north, they'll BE the most powerful the world has ever seen. After all, what defines power itself quite like patenting and owning the ability to produce anything edible by planting??

That the Government...ANY Government..ever let anyone monkey with and then PATENT a seed is beyond imagination and doesn't just border on, it IS outright evil in physical form.

Now...did anyone really think a pesky thing like voters would be allowed to interfere with the will that must come to rule over 6 billion other people? California has the power and pull by it's status within the nation for regulation to have made a huge difference on this too. So, Monsanto put everything they had to defeat it...and probably would have gone much further too, if needed.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think this shows how little the general populace pays attention to important issues, this issue is one were people don't really want to know what they are eating. It amazes me but some people would rather not know and would rather just keeping eating what they want then worry about what they are putting in there body. The general population would rather be outraged when we all get sick, then do anything about it before it gets out of control.

Side rant: ever notice the American people will vote anything down if the pundits/lobbyists/talking heads frame the argument that if you vote for something it will cost you more. This issue for me is one where I would gladly pay slightly more to know what's in my food.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

S&F That is very sad. As I understand it the amendments must get 60% of the vote to pass and they are written in such confusing language that it is easy to vote for exactly what you did not want. Given those complications it is more understandable why something like this might have been deliberately confused on the ballot so as to befuddle the voter and make him think he is voting for the labeling when he is actually voting to not label.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Because monsanto had commercials on every station in cali every 5 minutes telling about how stupid 37 was, that itd raise food prices, blablablablabla, is unfair because itll rrquire special labelling on soy milk and not rral milk, bla bla bla. But the magic hat trick was they flat out lied about what it was. And sheeple dont research amything themselves.

And just prior to the elections there was a huge and suspiciously timed news story featuring some pseudo scientific testing that proclaimed organics were nutritionally speaking no better for you than non-organics. I think that played into these results as well. TPTB know us too well and they are working it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We're all ranting with you over here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I ask people who voted no, most of them say things like, "It's a bad, poorly written prop," or "I don't want my grocery prices to go up." I'd say the evil big food companies' advertising paid off.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, I'm in the uk so this doesnt affect me YET!! but like OP I was absolutely shocked that people voted to NOT KNOW what they are eating

I am gobsmacked

and people say we are wrong to use the word sheeple

This is why I'm always saying that TELEVISION is the big evil, without it they could not have stupified so many to the point that they voted to NOT KNOW something.

edit on 11-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am in Cali, and I voted for it and did volunteered for the campaign. We only lost by a small margin, which is encouraging. I am looking at my sample ballot right now and if I was an uninformed voter who knew very little about GMO's I would be terrified to vote for it. The way the words are written on the ballot would lead me to believe it would cost our state millions and I would need to go out of state to be able to afford the cost of food.

The campaign is still going, we are going to get it on the ballot for the next election and by then hopefully more people will be educated.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Why would it cost more to label the food anyway?

If gmo was good for us why would monsanto fight labeling so hard? wouldnt people specifically buy food full of gmo?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
haha this is awesome... no really this is just genius.
sometimes you think people cant be dumber, and then if you dont expected,
the reality punch you in the face

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

What needs to be researched? I don't care if I'm buying food or window cleaner, I want to know what's in it. This should've been a slam dunk.

Really, something stinks here.

If California suddenly and mysteriously finds a few billion $$ extra in its coffers, we'll know what happened.
edit on 11/11/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
part of me feels it's because of how many jobs those GMO corps and their suppliers offer.

and remember those stories pre-election of companies telling their employees to vote romney or suffer the consequences?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That the Government...ANY Government..ever let anyone monkey with and then PATENT a seed is beyond imagination and doesn't just border on, it IS outright evil in physical form.

Anyone who fought in the revolution of 1776 would be outright PISSED if they knew that in the future this is what it would become.

They would've abolished THAT government TOO... LOL.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't understand why they would rather have no gmo labeling on their foods... They must just not care and assume it's fine. Very sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Monsanto had commercials that said it was unfair and makes no sense because it doesnt require labelling on dairy products and meat...yeah, cause no one sells gmo meat and milk. The commercials never said what the hell the bill was. Totally misleading. And apparently people fell for it.

What should have been researched is the text of the proposal. Genetically modified meat? Really?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am in no way surprized. Stuff like this happens all the time. And bills or propositions are always worded confusingly.

Somebody who had no idea what the bill was about, would likely still not understand even after reading the whole thing.

That and commercials cement the deal. If the opposition said that the bill would raise food prices, im not surprised people struck it down.

You guys keep forgeting 99% of the people have never heard of Monstanto or GMOs

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Well, I'm in the uk so this doesnt affect me YET!! but like OP I was absolutely shocked that people voted to NOT KNOW what they are eating

I am gobsmacked

and people say we are wrong to use the word sheeple

This is why I'm always saying that TELEVISION is the big evil, without it they could not have stupified so many to the point that they voted to NOT KNOW something.

edit on 11-11-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

It doesn't affect us yet but trials are already underway, at the moment we have labelling in Europe, but I'm sure Monsanto and co are working on ways to introduce their product to the entire planet.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
We're all ranting with you over here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I ask people who voted no, most of them say things like, "It's a bad, poorly written prop," or "I don't want my grocery prices to go up." I'd say the evil big food companies' advertising paid off.

Apologies, I never saw your thread!

It seems many of are confused over it, but I guess it just show the power and influence of these big companies

<<   2 >>

join