It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Leedskalnin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
Howdy has anybody ever understood Ed Leedskalnin's theorys on magnetic currents and how he managed to build Coral Castle in Florida all by himself supposedly able to float massive limestone blocks in the air with relative ease and placing them with great accuracy all at night and in secret ,and then he took his secret to the grave I just wanted to hear if you guys had any info on him and how he might have done these things cheers.

Well, I don't know how he built his castle, but I assure you the PMH he describes in 'Magnetic Current' works fine and even though the concept is quite simple, the effect of sending north- and southpole individual magnets into an indefinite loop is "intriguing".

I always asked myself, why this is not taught at school ... honestly: it doesn't cannibalize regular physics, I'd say it's rather complementary. And imagine how this would inspire kids (and young adults) to go into their garage and start experimenting. Utlimately, I think this is Ed's important legacy: with his book 'Magnetic Current' he managed to give a very practical introduction into electro-magnetism while addressing your entrepreneurial spirit to discover 'more' on your own, and it's really fun!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've been to coral castle in person, many years ago. I can't say I know for certain if he constructed the site using strange technology or what, but I do have an interesting story:

There is a 9-ton asymmetrical block of stone there that is centrally mounted in a way that you can push it around like a revolving door. When I was there I could push it, but it was slightly difficult and you had to put your shoulders into it. A guide told us that Mr Leedskalnin had found the center of gravity so perfectly in that stone that a little child could push it with one finger. We actually watched a video there of a little girl doing exactly that. He said that over time, from hundreds of people touching it, the stone eventually became very unbalanced and was unable to be moved. Cranes were brought in to rebalance the stone, but they were never able to replicate the absolutely perfect balance that Mr Leedskalnin had achieved.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This site features all his books: www.leedskalnin.com...
edit on 10/28/2013 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

I wrote a thread on a similar vein to explore the mystery of Eds magnetic current.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join