It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nugent...what a traitor....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh man...I grew up in the late 70's and early 80's...i so remember his tunes...I remember how we were cool in our own special way cause we listened to him....there was a time I idolized this man...now...he has lost his [snip] mind.

I am so disappointed...he seems to have lost touch with reality. BUT...I can put aside his ridiculous political views..... there are few songs that can compare to this one...I LOVE this song

edit on 11/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/12 by masqua because: Edited title

edit on 12/11/12 by masqua because: Censor circumvention

edit on 12/11/12 by masqua because: Fixed vid

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Your youtube link doesn't work. And that can be said about all celebrities, former celebrities, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I can guarantee you that Ted knows more about the political arena and the Constitution than you realize. Perhaps you should research a little more and come back with a more educated post rather than opinionated.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Theres a reason he's called the motor city madman. The loincloth should have tipped you off

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have been a musical fan of his since before most of the turds that think they have an opinion have been around. I sncerely appreciate the madman's music....

I do not appreciate him talking about assassination and shiz and crap like that...that is not cool and that is not acceptable...maybe he needs to time travel back to 1983 and my first concert...when I went to see him...I was so stoned it was like a spiritual moment....I will never -ever forget that day. But Ted was sane back in those days....he no longer seems to be. The concert was Krocus....Blackfoot and ted....it was one of the most awesome concerts I have ever attended...I was so baked that I could have sit on a shelf for a month and never expired....yeah...it was that good.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Oh stop....Ted has lost his mind....I never said he has lost his talent. I love the man's music....I wish he would return to his early days and admit the truth...but he won't....typical wanna be

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's the vid you wanted.

I don't always agree with Uncle Ted's politics, but I spent many a night in a smoky room zoning out to this.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
He's lost his mind? How so? Because you disagree with him?

Sorry, that's not indicative of madness...it's differing opinion. That's all.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Oh man...I grew up in the late 70's and early 80's...i so remember his tunes...I remember how we were cool in our own special way cause we listened to him....there was a time I idolized this man...now...he has lost his [snip] mind.

Really, this guy has always been very opiniontaed about his rights, and beliefs...........this is nothing new for him, at all!

en.wikipedia.org...

Matter of fact, this is a shrewd business man who made a lot of money off of so called, "acid rock," but who has never touched drugs in his life. He knows how to appeal to the masses of people who do so, though!

Nugent was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, the son of Marion Dorothy (née Johnson) and Warren Henry Nugent.[1][2] Nugent's father was an Army staff sergeant, and he was raised in a very strict household.[3] He moved to Palatine, Illinois, as a teenager, and has two brothers: John and Jeffrey, and a sister, Kathy. Raised Catholic, Nugent has mentioned his ties with the Christian faith many times during interviews, and has stated that he regularly attends church. He attended St. Viator High School in Arlington Heights, IL and William Fremd High School in Palatine, Il.

Since the early 1990s Nugent has become both popular and criticized for his conservative beliefs and his anti-drug and anti-alcohol stances. He is a national spokesman for the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) program, advocating the "natural highs" to be found in an outdoor lifestyle.

I grew up knowing this guy. He's been able to fool a lot of people through his music, which appeals to a lot of drugged up and stoned people!

edit on 12-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

In the 80's I went and saw Krocus, Accept and Roughcutt.
( We went to see Accept of course)
As far as Nugent is concerned, I don't share his version of morality.
I don't like his ideals and as a consequence, I am not a fan, although he did make some decent tunes.

top topics

join