It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
First of all, thank you Jack for making this thread. General Petraeus was removed from his command (Commander US Forces Afghanistan) and made the D/CIA to replace Leon Panetta who became Sec of Defense. There we some murmurings that Petraeus was not a huge Obama and the move was to keep a better eye on him lest he should decide to run for POTUS on the Republican ticket.

To say that this "affair" is suspicious to me is an understatement. And with his not being required to testify, I look to see him have to take the blame for Benghazi if the blood the Republicans are going to be screaming for needs a scapegoat. As for Hilary, she will depart as Sec of State so she can ready for her 2016 run by being properly divorced from Obama's second term...unless she thinks there is no chance for her to be elected.

Ladies and Gentlemen, now you are starting to see what an Obama that does not have to worry about re-election is all about. And the uninformed people of this country bought it hook, line and sinker. And just as the MSM said it was all over a video, so shall they say that the resignation was over an affair. As far as that looming fiscal cliff goes...that will be cakewalk compared to what comes afterwards.

Good points, I have been hearing conflicting reports, he will still have to testify, he will not, he will.

It is all over the road... If he still has to testify he will have to be subpenaed

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Paula Broadwell is who he supposedly had the affair with

www.charlierose.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
More breaking news...

FBI investigating Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell for trying to access his email

no article yet heres a link.
www.nbcnews.com...

So now there is a women who writes stories about people trying to hack his e-mail?

Like she guess his password or do a bruteforce

this gets better every minute.

Charlie rose reporting thats who she had the affair with? I didn't hear that part.

She was writing a biography of him that article says.
edit on 9-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

So the FBI wraps this up. All nice and neatly? (talk about "You Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours")

I wonder what the FBI got out of this deal?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Did you catch the title of the book?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

I dunno, but the FBI is involved questioning the foreign witnesses in Benghazi as I understand it. Please correct me if I am WRONG.
Which is kinda weird to me...the whole jurisdiction thing.

But I guess you really shouldn't investigate yourself, huh?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

So the FBI wraps this up. All nice and neatly? (talk about "You Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours")

I wonder what the FBI got out of this deal?

OOOOOH so she got into his e-mail, found the messages to his lover girl he was doing, all for her biography!!!

Amazing

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Looks like he found an out so he didn't have to look like a total idiot. At least it was a woman but then again that was probably the issue

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

In All In: The Education of General David Petraeus, Paula Broadwell and Vernon Loeb examine Petraeus’s career, his intellectual development as a military officer, and his impact on the U.S. military. Inherent in the story are salient lessons of transformational leadership -- inspirational insights for everyone from CEOs to young lieutenants.

While conducting research over the past three years, Broadwell was afforded extensive access by General Petraeus, his mentors, his subordinates, and his longtime friends.

From the website: www.paulabroadwell.com

[ETA]
One of the book's reviews:

"“This majestic biography will set the standard for all future works about General Petraeus. With superb narrative skill, Broadwell simultaneously provides an intimate look at Petraeus the man, a fascinating account of modern warfare, and an elegant study of leadership.”" ~ —Doris Kearns Goodwin, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author of No Ordinary Time and Team of Rivals

Just how intimate seems to be the question.
edit on 9-11-2012 by OneisOne because: add

edit on 9-11-2012 by OneisOne because: and a typo!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
SO....

Patraeus resigning means he won't be testifying before ANY of the Committees and Hearings scheduled to take place in coming weeks.

As the SNL Church Lady would say .... How Convenient .... :shk:

[ETA]

Benghazi anyone !?

edit on 11/9/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

The Senate does have subpoena power, he's not out of the woods yet...not all Dems are buying the WH story on Benghazi, some of them want answers too....

Des

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I couldn't help but laugh at one article that said

"She was embedded with him in Afghanistan"

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No, what is it?

"Catch me if you can, crooks inc."?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Found this link:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Good riddance!

I kind of doubt this was his first affair. Just the only one where he was in an unfavorable position to get outed.
The only thing that would be even more awesome, is if his affair were with some Matahari type from Russia and Mrs. Betrayus resigned as his wife.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Now we have **2** women to focus our attention on.
We're like dogs with bones.

Cover-up.

They came out with the info fast. Quick they aren't buying it- send in another woman that will take a fall for him.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Darn it with the doubleposts. Only this site does that.

edit on 9-11-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Paula Broadwell "All In: The Education of General David Petraeus"
www.charlierose.com...
All in, all hands on deck!!!!
"Catch me if you can, crooks inc."
This smells like rotting fish

edit on 9-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

All In: The Education of General David Petraeus

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Petraeus having an extra martial affair could have been an era of personal judgement. More seriously it could have been a set up from a foreign intel agency to blackmail him. The Soviets were the masters of the art of Blackmail. I would have expected Petraeus to leave the CIA to avoid fall out from future events that wrongfully get blamed on the intel community. The fact that the old excuse about wanting to spend more time with family is IMO significant.

Hillary will be quietly happy about this. She may have one less hurdle to over come in getting elected in 2016.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The house cleaning and exodus begins. The fallout of Benghazi I would think.

Next will likely be Hillary IMO.

Are you saying that she was the Petraeus' girlfriend? Wow.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

All In: The Education of General David Petraeus

They got away with fast and furious, holder was shifted around given a pass by the president.

Now they get away with Benghazi, a dead ambassador, dead soldiers,

Their Ted kennedy they get away with murder and your going to like, and your not going to catch us..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join