It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York: Gas Rationing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Gas rationing to start in N.Y.

(CNN) -- For those in the New York area suffering not only from the devastating storms but also from gas lines that have lasted longer than a work shift, some relief is on the way Friday.

Hundreds of thousands of customers were without electricity across the region, most of them in New York and New Jersey, with the nor'easter that swept through Wednesday only adding to those totals.

Temperatures were expected to rise to 50 degrees on Friday and continue to rise close to the 60s over the weekend, forecasters said.

At least some relief is expected!

As I live in Upstate New York it us up here that usually get this kind of weather, power outages, and waist-deep snow. Last year I installed a natural gas fireplace so I won't lose heat when the power is off. Best investment I've made into my home in awhile. We'll get our turn I'm sure. For now, thoughts and prayers are with everyone downstate and in NJ.

Gas Rationing in NY
edit on 9-11-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Reminds me of back in the 1970s during the "oil crisis". You could only get gas every other day (depending on your license plate number) and everyone was completely outraged at the high price of gas- a whopping 51 cents per gallon!

Aaaah...the good old days!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Cosmic911

Reminds me of back in the 1970s during the "oil crisis". You could only get gas every other day (depending on your license plate number) and everyone was completely outraged at the high price of gas- a whopping 51 cents per gallon!

Aaaah...the good old days!

51 cents! Damn!
Good ole days indeed!

join