It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Jews Know Your Sabbath Has Been Screwed With

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is more of a poll than anything. I just read a very informative book called
Calendar Fraud, tracking the destruction of biblical Sabbath
found for free, download here: www.thechronicleproject.org...
click on the book graphic

I must admit, I was completely uninformed about how dates for both the Jewish Sabbath and Christian Sabbath were actually fixed to dates on the Gregorian calendar around 300 ad, rather than following the dates listed in the old testament using the Hebrew calendar based on the lunar cycle.

According to the information in the book, a month began with the appearance of the new moon, which was a day of festivity, then six days of work, then Sabbath. There were four Sabbaths in a month, then another new moon on either the 29th or 30th of each month.

That means that actual Sabbath would be on different days if you put it on the Gregorian calendar as the two calendars do not mesh. Even the idea of Jesus on Sunday would be bogus.

The law of Moses states that if you don't keep Sabbath, you are to be cut off from Israel.
If our leaders did this knowingl what the law said, have they actually cut off all of the Jews from God?

So my question is simple, did you know, because I didn't.
edit on 9-11-2012 by winterkill because: better title

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
This is more of a poll than anything. I just read a very informative book called
Calendar Fraud, tracking the destruction of biblical Sabbath
found for free, download here: www.thechronicleproject.org...
click on the book graphic

I must admit, I was completely uninformed about how dates for both the Jewish Sabbath and Christian Sabbath were actually fixed to dates on the Gregorian calendar around 300 ad, rather than following the dates listed in the old testament using the Hebrew calendar based on the lunar cycle.

According to the information in the book, a month began with the appearance of the new moon, which was a day of festivity, then six days of work, then Sabbath. There were four Sabbaths in a month, then another new moon on either the 29th or 30th of each month.

That means that actual Sabbath would be on different days if you put it on the Gregorian calendar as the two calendars do not mesh. Even the idea of Jesus on Sunday would be bogus.

The law of Moses states that if you don't keep Sabbath, you are to be cut off from Israel.
If our leaders did this knowingl what the law said, have they actually cut off all of the Jews from God?

So my question is simple, did you know, because I didn't.

Probably as many Jews that know there are 7 arms in the Menorah!

That's like ABC. Jews do not work on the Sabbath, which is Saturday. That's what I was taught my whole life.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If you have studied religion for any decent length of time, you would know, the Jews and the Christians fight over one thing and one thing only. The proper day of worship.

Jews, worshiping, El, or Saturn, worship on Saturdays. The Christians, worshiping the Sun of God, worship on Sundays. Simple as that.

And the all knowing Jews and Christians, smoke pot on saturdays and sundays.

edit on 9-11-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The same law also tells you not to work every 7th year.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
The same law also tells you not to work every 7th year.

No No No, it says forgive the interest and debts you have, in the 7th year. If you do not work, you do not get paid. Maybe someone will forgive your debts in the 7th year. It's called Jubilee, and if our leaders were actually Jewish, they would have forgiven our debts about 20 years ago. 1913 + 70 = 1983. But we are still in debt!

So they are fake Jews, otherwise called, "Masons".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

The church I went to as a kid, well they double dipped. Worshipped saturday and sunday, just to make sure

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
If you have studied religion for any decent length of time, you would know, the Jews and the Christians fight over one thing and one thing only. The proper day of worship.

Jews, worshiping, El, or Saturn, worship on Saturdays. The Christians, worshiping the Sun of God, worship on Sundays. Simple as that.

... because Torah, which was written 1,500 years before the Romans decided to call it Saturday, was somehow influenced by that future event, and Christians were speaking English in the time of Christ.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

What?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Winterkill,

Why do you suppose that the Hebrews chose to use a lunar calender? Sumeria and Egypt were using solar calenders. Solar calenders were more practical than lunar calenders for predicting seasons, absolutely critical to farming and agriculture.

The solar calender correctly divided the year into 365 days, (coincidentally, the age of Enoch) and scientifically predicts the orbit of the earth around the sun, rather than visa versa. (again, in the Book of Enoch)

Is the lunar calender a throw back to the days of Babylonian captivity? Is the calender representative of homage to some lunar deity? Do you think that GOD, "The Most High" gave a lunar calender to the Hebrews, and designated a Sabbath accordingly? Or, could they have been deceived into believing that lunar influences are more important that solar influences?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The claims of the earlier poster that Jew worship Saturn and Christians worship the sun are based on nonsensical facts, since "Sunday" is an English word, and the Jewish Sabbath was declared to be sundown Friday to sundown Saturday 1,500 years before the name "Saturday" was created.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ah thanks, now I understand what you are saying

So there was also 7 days in the calender that the jews were using previous to the roman one?
edit on Fri, 09 Nov 2012 09:52:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Ah thanks, now I understand what you are saying

So there was also 7 days in the calender that the jews were using previous to the roman one?

Jewish calendars are a lot more complicated than the Gregorian calendar we now use or the Julian one that the Romans had, but yes, they have seven days (only the seventh day, Shabbat, is named.) This might be of interest to you: Judaism 101: Jewish Calendar

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Winterkill,

Why do you suppose that the Hebrews chose to use a lunar calender? Sumeria and Egypt were using solar calenders. Solar calenders were more practical than lunar calenders for predicting seasons, absolutely critical to farming and agriculture.

The solar calender correctly divided the year into 365 days, (coincidentally, the age of Enoch) and scientifically predicts the orbit of the earth around the sun, rather than visa versa. (again, in the Book of Enoch)

Is the lunar calender a throw back to the days of Babylonian captivity? Is the calender representative of homage to some lunar deity? Do you think that GOD, "The Most High" gave a lunar calender to the Hebrews, and designated a Sabbath accordingly? Or, could they have been deceived into believing that lunar influences are more important that solar influences?

The lunar calendar was used so that no matter what happened, once a month when the new moon was seen, a person would know that it was a new moon day, then six work days, then Sabbath. Each month you could calculate Sabbaths that fell on the 8th 15th 22nd and 29th of the lunar month. You cannot do this with a solar calendar. Put this against the Gregorian calendar, and yesterday Nov 8th was the actual Sabbath as this month the lunar matched the Gregorian. The new moon will be on the 16th, so after that they don't match again.

This is what people reading this post are missing. Sabbath is not always on Friday or Saturday. It would ,move around because the two calendars don't match. The PTB did this on purpose to make us think we were observing sbbath when we are not..

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The lunar calendar was used so that no matter what happened, once a month when the new moon was seen, a person would know that it was a new moon day, then six work days, then Sabbath. Each month you could calculate Sabbaths that fell on the 8th 15th 22nd and 29th of the lunar month. You cannot do this with a solar calendar. Put this against the Gregorian calendar, and yesterday Nov 8th was the actual Sabbath as this month the lunar matched the Gregorian. The new moon will be on the 16th, so after that they don't match again.

So what? The moon wasn't created until the 4th day, according to Genesis. Why would God begin a calender, celebrating the 6 days of creation, starting with day 4? What is the special significance of the new moon, that it should be identified with the first day?

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The creation of light is what delineates the "first day." The moon is a light of the night, of darkness, a perverbial nightlight for the frightened children, scared of the dark. Why would the "lord of darkness" represent the first day. That's not to say that lunar events are evil, but they represent the unknown, that which is still hiding in the dark.

I believe that the Christians were right, to ideally follow the solar calender, and to profess their God to be of light, symbolically stepping out of the darkness of fear and ignorance and into the light of freedom and knowledge. (Ideally)

edit on 9-11-2012 by windword because: grammer

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you check the corrected translation, the moon was made on the fourth day and paired with the sun.
That means it was placed in the congruent position. That means from earth, the sun and moon are lined up.
The moon would not appear until two days later. The word for the seventh day in Hebrew, sounds like the word seven, but is actually several words...to split, so to watch. This was not only the seventh day, but the day that the moons orbit had split far enough from the sun to be seen. This was the first new moon, which would have started the month and the earth calendar, being the fist day of the month of Nissan.
The corrected Hebrew can be found here
thechronicleproject.org... page 7

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
The corrected Hebrew can be found here
thechronicleproject.org...

It's been a while, but as I recall, the "Chronicle Project" was some kooks who thought that they'd found a secret code in the Hebrew Bible and, by applying it to the text, came up with a radically different text (and which made zero sense in a number of places.)

I'm not sure that I'd put too much faith in that version of the text.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You might want to check the updated material if you haven't been there for a while. But, it seems to make more sense than the way the bible is now. I had a problem when the first and second chapters of Genesis had man made on different days. In their stuff, that mistake was not there and was explained. That was what caught my attention.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes, I am aware of this.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Nevertheless, the creation of light is the essence of the first "day" of creation. The first light represents awareness, awakeness, knowledge, the "Word," gnosis.

The 4th day is an octave, an echo, a reflection of the original light of "beingness." It's an affirmation of "As above so below."

It seems right and correct to acknowledge the "first light" as being the first day. The 4th day is a day reflection.

It seems right and correct to constrain the recognition of passing years to the measurement of "day" light and it's rulership over the calender.

IMHO

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join