It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ok, well i have no idea if this is the right forum to post under, but seems close.. i spose,

so as usual. mods, if you think it needs to be elsewheres, please relocate

i have this habit (and it can be quite bad) of just cruising the new topics... all day
in between bits of my paying job.

by about lunchtime, ive read all the latest stuff, so i open the fire-hose and catch up on stuff from the US overnight (aussie time differences etc)

i occasionally follow links to other threads, and offsite content, and i can often get caught ina spiral of linked thread after linked thread..
this got me thinking..

how do you use ATS? are you a singular topic forum follower (like secret societies or breaking news)
or like me do you hover in the new topics?
or something else?

im curious. no great revelations, no secrets or hidden truth.

so how about it ATS? whats your flavour?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Generally, I like to see what's up in the Gray Area, Paranormal Studies & Philosophy & Metaphysics... When satisfied that nothing exciting, substantive or relevant to my personally-irrational interests is going in those, I do as you - surf through the Fire Hose...then, the Recent Posts.
Always really just looking for interesting (intelligent?) converstation with the off-chance hope that I'll be able to join in and fool someone into thinking I have something to say.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
depends on my mood. If I think trolls are hitting certain myATS topics heavily, I will go to recent posts and not even bother clicking on certain old topics. Some arguments are simply not worth the investment of your time and simply circular without any substance.

Some people are okay to debate with and I might hang in a thread like that a while.

Some topics I am simply more interested in and so wind up posting in them a lot.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I click some links, read, maybe post a little, look at pictures, and make A LOT of Avatars for other members.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Trawl the recent post page for a few threads I can either contribute to or have a good argument. I like to post in the off topic section with a few musical inspirations from time to time.

The search function is good too for older topics. I also check m friends threads in the ribbon section to make sure you get at least a few good threads a day

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have the fire-hose page bookmarked. That's where I start. I browse the list to see what catches my interest. I read the OP and some of the posts and write a reply if I'm so inclined.

After that, I go to myATS to look over my favorites and to see if there have been any new replies to threads I have replied to.

new topics

top topics

join