It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You said we weren't in the Middle East for resources.... but what is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I found this post today, I did a search but could not find anthing relevant on the site.

Summation: The international community opened the doors to Afghanistan with the USA's War on Terrorism, now there are so many countries trying to develop the region that one of Afghanistan's Buddhist relics will be demolished to pave the way for an open-pit copper mine.

(I've been trying to find out who's been funding this but haven't located anything yet, it just says a chinese mining company)

Chinese government-owned mining company (MCC), who will exploit the location for over 100 billion dollars worth of copper located directly beneath the Buddhist temples.

This is just one of many companies that will be coming into the region to deface the land of it's resources to provide things we don't need. What's really sad is that this Ancient monastery will be demolished to do so. I find that to be in poor form, if a Company is allowed to go this far, what's next? I we find a vast supply of diamonds below the Giza pyramids, will we demolish those too?

Read the article for yourself and there is a petition that goes along with it, already with ~50k signatures, but I doubt the authorities will honor any kind of protest against this action.

Demolishment of Mes Aynak for resource mining
edit on 8-11-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: editing

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is pretty sad, among the heroin production our troops facilitate, the constant bombings of civilians by the lord and saviour Obama, the massive lithium find, now copper mines that will destroy age old temples all in the name of reducing terrorism. God Bless Amerika and those they sell there plunders off too...

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's not all countries, just a few big ones. China built massive infrastructure to support this:

www.andrewgrantham.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
well we aren't done taking over the region yet, so of course we aren't in all of the countries.... yet. That area is rich with resources, and that's just one more reason to fight wars there. These larger countries are moving in and developing the region slowly and surely. This is just the first of what's to come.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

tis a sad day when ancient structures are destroyed in the name of 'progress'. i guess UNESCO have no interest in awarding it world heritage status. perhaps relocation similar to the abu simbel undertaking.
f.

top topics

join