It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergence of Hinduism from Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To add, search Vedic Period (1700 and 1100 BCE)

The Vedic period (or Vedic age) was a period in history during which the Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, were composed.

The religion of the Vedic period (1500 BC to 500 BC) (also known as Vedism, Vedic Brahmanism, ancient Hinduism or, in a context of Indian antiquity, simply Brahmanism) is a historical predecessor of modern Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Did you have a chance to look at any of his archeological evidence presented? Ninans Archeology

I did, indeed. He shows the Buddhist temples but says there aren't any Hindu temples.

It is true there aren't any stone temples. I do, however, see archaeological references to mud brick temples and wooden temples. Other references are... apparently his own ideas:

Tatpurusha-Mahadeva, (Self Existent Great God)
Vamadeva-Uma (feminine - right side), (The Right Hand Lady God) and
Aghora-Bhairava (Masculine Fierce - left side).
This is heavily reminiscent of Hebrew Kabala.

If you know the Kabala, his last statement is a "huh?" head-scratcher. The Three-forms of god in one god is a Christian concept (trinity) but not a Judaic one.

The rest of the text has similar problems.

Now, I think I could probably find temples and statues that would contradict him, but I suspect he is not open to being questioned about this. His other books and papers on Christianity are interesting but again a very biased telling of the story.

It's hard to be objective (even if you are a scientist) with something you dearly believe in.

...this is why you have your papers reviewed. Or, rather, it's why I have MY papers reviewed by people who aren't emotionally attached to an issue.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OP it seems like you are adamant on proving Hinduism is young and esp after Christianity. Your source seems to be a biased Christian from India, who wants his religion to be superior.

Krishna is the last avatar of Vishnu, the 9th from his 10 avatars. i think its possible that a religion from India spread to middle east and created abrahamic, which is possible but i highly doubt the vice versa like your title suggests.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

OK the ideas presented in my OP are not mine. I brought them up for scrutiny. I found it new and interesting but drew no conclusions. Obviously since Ninan is not here and he is new to most of us I felt it necessary to flesh out his view to be compared to what we know. I am not defending him or his views I was merely playing devil's advocate to encourage further conversation while learning more about his ideas.

I understand the idea is controversial and I did not bring it up to offend anyone. We often have no problem hearing ideas that Christianity was influenced by other religions but it seems taboo to question any of the others. I used to have a book written by a Hare Krishna Called Christ and Krishna where the idea was discussed as well

Some people here question theosophy, the new age etc and understand the influence Hinduism/Vedic religion has had on those systems. This was a new aspect for us to examine that I doubt many are familiar with. I had never heard of any Thomasine churchs in India before this so felt we could all learn something by dissecting this view.

Thanks to the participants so far.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hinduism is the oldest religion as far as science knows.
Also it is much more peaceful compared to other "Fundamentalist" religions

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join