It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mum has just been diagnosed with brain cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh my gosh! This must be frightening for you. My father had stage 4 cancer 2 years ago. I did not sleep for three months I was that worried.My step mothers mother has lung cancer. They are only giving her a year to live. My grandfather right now is fighting a stubborn bladder cancer that he can not get any more radiation for. It is scary. I am sorry for your mother, your family, and you.
My father has been completely in remission for over a year. My other family members may not be as lucky. I was fortuanate enough to get to my father and help him get to appointments and do his running around. My grandpa has my Grammie to help him. My step mother has her sister to help take care of her mom.

The only thing that you can do is be there for her and hang on because it's a rough ride. You will know who your best friends are because they are there to hug you when you need it. They are there to lean on. You need that. Don't keep your feelings bottled up. It will only cause you more stress.

It is important to take care of your mother in her time of need. But, to take care of someone properly, you must be taking care of yourself. Do not forget to take a moment now and again to be your self.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am a recent survivor of cancer and used traditional medicine. If your Mom decides to also take herbal supplements or anything else besides the traditional treatments, her doctors must be informed as some things may interfere with others.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom at this difficult time. Depending on which meds she recieves, she may become extremely weak and fatigued. Make sure there are people who can help with the cooking and cleaning around the house. I swear I never slept so much in my life when I went through my treatments.

If you have any questions please let me know.
HUGS!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Opening Clip - "Burzynski" - Cancer

www.youtube.com...

About Dr. Stanislaw R. Burzynski

Stanislaw R. Burzynski, M.D., Ph.D., internationally recognized physician and biochemist-researcher who pioneered the development and use of biologically active peptides in diagnosing, preventing and treating cancer, since 1967.

www.burzynskiclinic.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Ohh boy...I'm wishing for the best my friend....much love to you and your mom

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes, sugar feeds cancer. Cancer can only be fed by glucose. Normal cells can be fueled by glucose or by fat. Google search Warburg Effect. A high fat diet, such as used by John Hopkins for epileptic patients, might work, by denying cancer the sugar it needs. If brain cancer is aggressive, almost nothing will work, although a few percent survive. Try a ketogenic diet (which is high fat, not high protein). This article in Time magazine provides a good explanation:
www.time.com...
My father and brother in law died of brain cancer. If I had brain cancer, it is what I would try.
Good luck, this is a very difficult situation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
sorry to hear, start slammin Vitamin C now ^^

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Excommando, I am sorry to hear about your mom. I see many pots with advice. I don't know what to say. I lost my in-law to brain cancer a few months ago. I wish you well and I hope you and your mum the best of luck in getting good treatment. I am encouraged to hear that they found it early and hopefully they can nip it in the bud.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to post an update on this - mum went through kemo and radiation treatement (following her surgery).

The cancer resisted all treatment and has grown back agressively - she is currently in the hospice with a few weeks left to live.

From diagnosis to now is a little under 4 months.

Life is short my friends. She is only 63.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I just wanted to pop in and say how sorry I am for her and for you as well. I am told that it is socially proper to try and find positive things to say in times like this. I've never been very good at it though. Spend as much time as you can with her while you can. Make her feel as loved as you humanly can for what time she has left. It will make a difference for you and her both.

I truly am sorry.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to post an update on this - mum went through kemo and radiation treatement (following her surgery).

The cancer resisted all treatment and has grown back agressively - she is currently in the hospice with a few weeks left to live.

From diagnosis to now is a little under 4 months.

Life is short my friends. She is only 63.

Oh Honey, I am so very sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. May you find the strength and courage needed at this time. Hugs for you and Mom.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm so sorry...my heart goes out to you and your family...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join