It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flare fire engulfs sharpshooter at Peru military parade(Graphic video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Flare fire engulfs sharpshooter at Peru military parade.

A military parade in Sullana, northern Peru, ended in disaster on Sunday when a soldier's clothes caught fire after he accidentally stepped on a flare.

The soldier, who according to local media suffered second degree burns on eighty percent of his body, was dressed in military camouflage meant to look like vegetation.

The speed with which the flames engulfed the soldier was startling.
Bystanders scrambled to put out the blazing man, with some showering him in dust and others trying to rip his burning clothes off.
The victim was eventually undressed and taken to a local hospital where he was treated for his injuries.

What i find disturbing in this video, is how these peru elite soldiers didn't know what to do in this situation, infact his fellow soldiers run away, and its a member of the public who help this poor guy in his extremely flammable sniper suit, it was a embarrassing day for the peru supposed elite forces..

Graphic video:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yeah leaving burning flares in the middle of the street where there's a parade going on is just asking for disaster imo.

Glad the soldier survived, hopefully they can have some fire extinguishers on hand next time.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

well....looks like he may be fired from his job

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yeah it was a hot situation

What i find funny, is a simple flare took out all there special forces, and they needed the public to save them, the soldiers were running round like headless chickens.

Not one of them though to lay him flat on the floor and roll him, and smother him, what a embarrassing disaster for the peruvian special forces.

I'm sure the world is worried by the professional way peruvian special forces handled this situation, luckily some market traders were around to save the day.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Special forces ?
Special farces more like
Looks like we don't need to fear the peruvian too much

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If you watch closely another guy closer to the camera on the left is smoking and yanks his head covering off. Thats gotta suck to be chillin out, goose steppin down the road with your buddies then BAM! your goose is cooked. haha

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Stop drop and roll? The way they hold their guns they don't really look elite, maybe they need better training...

On second thought, perhaps the Peruvian military needs to consider flame retardant uniforms.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

On second thought, perhaps the Peruvian military needs to consider flame retardant uniforms.

Yeah, it be a wise investment.

Can you imagine being in a combat situation with these guys, if they said do you need cover, i be saying no thanks i take my chances...

Peruvian military on this performance are a bloody liability, my kids are better trained then this lot.
Apparently this parade of soldiers was responsible for the accidental death of a 8 year girl last week.

I think it safer if this army disbands.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The enemies of the state are currently stocking up on molatov cocktails.

o.0

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

[ sarcasm ]

ATS i am simply SHOCKED that you all fell for this blatant false flag op - designed to lure everyone into thinking that the peruvian military are a bunch of incompetant muppets

its so obvious it hurts - the " victim " was a patsy who deliberatly stepped on a planted flare - while wearing a suit doped in flamable material

the alledged " spectators "were infact elite peruvian firefighters positioned to deal with the incident - where do you think they hot the dirt from - it was pre - positioed - as waa the flare

but no - you all fell for the psy-op propaganda

[ / sarcasm ]

top topics

join