It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Don] Schmitt Spins Tall [Roswell] Tales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
UFO research already hard pressed by the issues at hand. the addition of LIARS and HUCKSTERS complicate the matters entirely

Don Schimtt are one of those people who use UFOLOGY for their personal gain and lying to get what he wants.

www.roswellfiles.com...

-------------------------------------

RANDLE DUMPS -- AND DUMPS ON -- SCHMITT
By Robert G. Todd

In a to-whom-it-may-concern letter, dated September 10, 1995, Kevin Randle, half of the Center for UFO Studies' (CUFOS) Roswell "investigation" team, scrambled to distance himself from Donald Schmitt (the other half of the team) and what Randle claims were Schmitt's numerous lies. Randle also sought to distance himself from what Randle generously characterized as incompetent research performed by or for Schmitt, but which Randle claims did not find its way into one or both of the Randle-Schmitt books on the overblown Roswell incident.

After recounting details of numerous falsehoods uttered by Schmitt, Randle cautions the reader not to believe anything Schmitt says.

While heaping scorn on Schmitt, Randle blows his own horn by proclaiming: "Everything I put into the books, I knew to be the truth because I researched it myself, or I had checked to make sure the documentation existed."

Randle now has a convenient scapegoat on whom he can pin every false claim, fact, characterization, or other mistruth that appears not only in their two books… But how truthful has Randle been?

After reading their first book, UFO Crash at Roswell, and finding numerous claims of a dubious nature, I wrote to Schmitt about one of those claims, which appears on page 7 of their first book:

"The government cover-up extends to the public records to the public records of the Air Force UFO investigation as well. These records were released in 1976, and the file on Roswell contains but a single press clipping. No letters, no investigative forms, no official weather balloon explanation, nothing but that lone clipping.

"The file for the recovery of an actual weather balloon in Circleville, Ohio, a week before the Roswell event, contains far more documentation on its particulars.

"Where is the material that should be in the Roswell file?"

Prior to the involvement of the CUFOS "investigators," Roswell "researchers" had always claimed the Blue Book records made no mention of the Roswell incident. Eager to see the files on both incidents, I looked, and looked, and looked. The index to the Blue Book cases listed neither incident, and after looking through the actual case files, these two mystery files still couldn't be located.
[…]

Schmitt never replied to my letter, but Randle did, by letter dated December 9, 1992. He explained that he "did most of the work on the section of the book" in question. He also said:

"I went back and re-read page 7 and realized that it wasn't as clear as it could have been. There is no file in Blue Book that relates to Roswell specifically. The only mention of Roswell actually appears in a newspaper clipping for a case from Idaho on July 10, 1947."

He also said: "I also see that I didn't make it clear that the "file" on Circleville is not part of the Blue Book system other than a mention inside another case in the newspaper clippings that are filed with it. We meant that the clipping on Circleville contains more detail."

So, finally, one of the CUFOS "investigators" had 'fessed up – well almost. It wasn't a lie that there were Blue Book "files" both on the Roswell incident and the Circleville case -- with the reader being misled into believing the "file" on Circleville contained letters, investigative forms, and an official weather balloon explanation, while the Roswell "file"...contained "nothing but that lone clipping". It was merely a lack of clarity that was confusing.

In contrasting the contents of these two imaginary "files," Randle and Schmitt were suggesting that the differences in the contents suggested something sinister in the official handling of the Roswell incident. The clear implication of their remarks was that the Circleville "file" contained letters, investigative forms, and the official weather balloon explanation, while the "file" on Roswell contained nothing but a single newspaper clipping. The truth was that there was no Blue Book file on either incident, that the nonexistent "file" on Circleville did not contain official letters, investigative forms, or weather balloon explanation, and that there was, in fact, no difference at all in how these two cases were handled in the Blue Book files. Each "file" consisted of a "lone clipping."

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

I've listened to several interviews of Don Schmitt. You can't get a more serious guy than this. He knows what he's talking about and anything that has to do with Phil Klass is a joke and everyone knows it. Don Schmitt would put you in your place quickly if you ever had the golden opportunity to debate him.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
reply to post by The Shrike

I've listened to several interviews of Don Schmitt. You can't get a more serious guy than this. He knows what he's talking about and anything that has to do with Phil Klass is a joke and everyone knows it. Don Schmitt would put you in your place quickly if you ever had the golden opportunity to debate him.

philip klass is a know debunker who debunk anything with explanation that even more impossible that the UFO sighting itself. that much is know and accepted among UFOLOGIST

Don Schmitt is a veteran roswell researcher who along with Kevin Randle are famous for their Roswel book.

Don Schmitt was denounced publicly by Kevin Randle his partner on reasons given in his letter (see above post).

Its up to you if you want to believe in Don Schmitt or not. He is not counted among 'good' UFO researched, in fact he is among the list of bad guys of UFOLOGY.

<< 1   >>

join