It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchdog Group: Obama Bundlers Bagged Millions in Auto Bailout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The only people that made out well were the union employees. Holders of GM stock also got royally screwed. Just ask the Delphi employees. Amazing how the MSM never reported about this. Way to go, Barack. You're the greatest! Another great American success story. GM gets bought out by the Feds, but the Presidents campaign bundlers make 60 million on the deal.

Nothing to see here, folks. Just move along.

The government’s bailout of the automobile industry was rife with cronyism that bagged Obama bundlers and Administration insiders millions and left taxpayers holding the bill. That’s the conclusion Government Accountability Institute President Peter Schweizer reached when he investigated little-known details surrounding the Obama Administration’s auto bailout, an action President Barack Obama touts as one of his most sterling presidential achievements.

But Mr. Schweizer says few Americans realize the backroom deals the Administration cut that created a flood of cash for well-connected Obama cronies. For example, the GM bailout was handled not by automotive experts but by New York investment firm Evercore Partners. The firm is headed by Obama bundler and former Assistant Treasury Secretary Roger Altman and Obama mega fundraiser Ralph Schlosstein. GM paid Evercore $46 million in advising fees and billed the car company another $17.9 million for a “success fee,” despite the fact that Evercore never found GM a purchaser or funder.

Far from saving auto worker jobs, says Mr. Schweizer, Mr. Obama’s bailout of the automobile industry resulted in a massive pay day for Mr. Obama's fundraisers and friends. “Call it what it was: a boon to well-connected cronies who knew nothing about the automobile industry or its workers but were more than happy to send the invoice to taxpayers for shoddy repairs.”

See the rest at the link:
link

edit on Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:31:08 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Why are you yelling?

And why do people still use Brietbart as a legit source?

Yes, shocking, when a large Union industry was saved....Unions benefited. Those "unions" are composed of thousands and thousands of AMERICANS whos jobs were saved.

But hey, screw them right....they are dirty Union workers, how patriotic of you.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

I used the exact same title as the source.

Yes SCREW all the other hard working Americans who are not union. Fill up the piggy banks of the loyal supporters. It's all on the up and up. I hear you loud and clear. So does your dear leader.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So both republican and democrat bigwigs profited bigtime off of the bailouts? Shocking I tell ya! Yeah democrats and republicans are so very different

edit on Mon, 05 Nov 2012 11:28:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Taiyed

Yes SCREW all the other hard working Americans who are not union. Fill up the piggy banks of the loyal supporters. It's all on the up and up. I hear you loud and clear. So does your dear leader.

So you would rather have seen thousands of workers lose their jobs? You would rather see entire towns crumble when the auto factories are shut down?

Is that really a patriotic thing to cheer for, just because you don't like Unions?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

My husband lost his job as a result of this so called "bailout." I have been very directly screwed over as a result.. Go and sing about all the saved jobs to someone else. I know what went down and it was corrupt to the core.

Unions and their ridiculous, unsustainable pensions caused this problem from the start.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

My husband lost his job as a result of this so called "bailout." I have been very directly screwed over as a result.. Go and sing about all the saved jobs to someone else. I know what went down and it was corrupt to the core.

Unions and their ridiculous, unsustainable pensions caused this problem from the start.

You know what went down? Then share with us, what went down?

And please explain in detail how your husband lost his job due to the auto industry being saved, that sounds interesting.

Unions created the middle class, Unions gave you more than you know. Blind hatred of something you don't understand is silly.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Same thing was said about Romney in the five other threads about this involving R-Money.

So, yeah, point fingers at both or none at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

No that is far too personal. I'm not stupid.

It was corrupt 100%. One of the most corrupt parts was the ca$h for clunkers program.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

No that is far too personal. I'm not stupid.

It was corrupt 100%. One of the most corrupt parts was the ca$h for clunkers program.

So you can't give any information on how your husband lost his job due to the auto industry being saved?

It seems very...unbelievable. The fact that you are refusing to discuss it just seems to verify that.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

GM was completely dismantled. Thousands of dealerships were forced to close. Thousands of suppliers went bankrupt. Non union workers were destroyed. But the unions, and Obama's buddies got theirs. To the victor go the spoils. Now he is in the process of attempting to rewrite the history of the loss and destruction left in the wake of his unprecedented takeover of a private industry.

And let us never, ever forget Ca$h for Klunkers. Corruption in every possible corner.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The only people that made out well were the union employees. Holders of GM stock also got royally screwed.

So? They should be singled out and punished because they were smart enough to organize themselves to not be walked all over?

This is like saying raising taxes on the rich is "punishing" them for being sucessful.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And lest we forget this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

I am very sorry you are not in a union. You sound very upset by it.

It's not Obama's fault that people in unions fared better. It sounds to me like you should get a unionized job, meethinks your tune would change very quickly.

Screw over other hardworking Americans? How about the rich paying a lower % of income taxes? Oh wait, if it helps your rich overlords then it's OK.

The GOP/Republican contradiction on this is so amazingly huge it makes my head hurt.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Smart enough to organize themselves, lol. They had no need to do any organizing. They had friends in high places.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

What rich, where are these mythical rich? Your post is a canard.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Maybe he should have gotten a unionized job?

People need to start thinking ahead, taking responsiblity and planning for the future. If being in a union helps prevent you from loosing your job, maybe it's worth looking into.

I'm simply taking the same "hard-nosed-personal-responsiblity" attitude that many Republicans have.

Don't whine to us because your husband couldn't find a better job.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

GM was completely dismantled. Thousands of dealerships were forced to close. Thousands of suppliers went bankrupt. Non union workers were destroyed. But the unions, and Obama's buddies got theirs. To the victor go the spoils. Now he is in the process of attempting to rewrite the history of the loss and destruction left in the wake of his unprecedented takeover of a private industry.

And if Obama didn't save the auto industry, all of that would have still happened, and then on top of that thousands more would have been without a job and America would no longer have an auto industry.

You seem quite bitter, but maybe instead of blaming others for you and your husbands situation, you should take responsibility for your own situation.

Don't hate on people because they were smart and seeked out a Union job that protects them, maybe your husband should look for a Union job now.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

This was several years ago and my husband has a job in the free market.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Taiyed

This was several years ago and my husband has a job in the free market.

There are plenty of Union jobs in the "free market", hopefully your husband learned from his mistakes and got a Union job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join