It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people consumed with the who's better than who garbage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Why are people so consumed with the whos better than who garbage? I mean I start a thread just to point that the US is just as bad as the rest of the world and the whole thing gets derailed with "well who is better then?"

I answer this question but obviously people dont know how to comprehend simple english so they go through asking "you never answered. So who's better then?"

I believe the actions of all nations are deplorable and that it is time to end the holier than thou campaign and so we must put all nations on an even field.

It is time to open our eyes to the tyranny of the powers that be and stop defending them because they are our nations leaders. We the people are not the cause of the dysfunction of the world and no country holds the title of pure. When we stop turning a blind eye to the evils committed in our name by our elected psychos we can start to regain control

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Can you help me out here?

I believe the actions of all nations are deplorable and that it is time to end the holier than thou campaign and so we must put all nations on an even field.
What do you see as a solution? Eliminating nations and putting the world under the control of the UN or similar body? Or something else?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Every nation needs to adopt a zero interference law immediately. Its time.
As for who is better than who?
You are right, they are all capable of deplorable deeds.

Edit: I don't want to sound like I am getting all cult-ish but the "Prime Law" would work really well in this situation. The use of Initiatory Force should be forbidden.
edit on 4/11/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's a rant..so I'll reply.

The answer to your question can be answered with a question in this case. Perhaps it will help understand why a few of us reacted badly.

(The Foe status at least I gave wasn't from the topic...or the replies in disagreement. It was the condescending and aggressively insulting style to myself and others.)

First the thread insults Americans in general...then you make it outright personal to each, directly. Now you would ask why you angered people?

About the question...

Can I go onto a predominately Russian, Chinese, English or Australian site where I know the a large %, if not a majority are either living in that nation or sympathetic to those who do....then insult them so directly? Well, I suppose I can. I'd likely get kicked for it. ATS is a free site though, so that doesn't happen (Thank goodness...I'd have been gone long ago..lol)

However...to feign surprise that a very direct and frankly, blatant attack on America and our values would bring anger and almost immediate response VERY negative to your position is either astoundingly short sighted ....or very insincere. I'm not sure which. I don't know your posting well enough to guess. The reaction to the Title and OP though? I don't know about others...but I was very conciously holding BACK. If that seemed bad, it would have been far more blunt in a setting conducive to more...open and direct speech in reply.

Kick a sleeping dog, if you are ready for it to wake up. Just don't kick the dog in the head and then stand in shock when it's in full attack as it awakens.
.....even doing that a couple days after the election maybe? But now? Americans are at the very peak for reacting badly to that sort of thing.....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh look.. another thread for people who hate America to spread even more of their distaste.. can't wait to read it all

edit on 4-11-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Can you help me out here?

What do you see as a solution? Eliminating nations and putting the world under the control of the UN or similar body? Or something else?

I think it all starts with awareness. from there we need to work together as a unified planet to keep each other in check. We need to remove the corruption from those who would use their power for selfish gain and keep working toward equality among all people of all nations. There is no need for war. War is pushed by those with selfish desires. I dont have the answers but awareness is key. Ignorance only helps the wicked push their agendas

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's a rant..so I'll reply.

The answer to your question can be answered with a question in this case. Perhaps it will help understand why a few of us reacted badly.

(The Foe status at least I gave wasn't from the topic...or the replies in disagreement. It was the condescending and aggressively insulting style to myself and others.)

First the thread insults Americans in general...then you make it outright personal to each, directly. Now you would ask why you angered people?

About the question...

Can I go onto a predominately Russian, Chinese, English or Australian site where I know the a large %, if not a majority are either living in that nation or sympathetic to those who do....then insult them so directly? Well, I suppose I can. I'd likely get kicked for it. ATS is a free site though, so that doesn't happen (Thank goodness...I'd have been gone long ago..lol)

However...to feign surprise that a very direct and frankly, blatant attack on America and our values would bring anger and almost immediate response VERY negative to your position is either astoundingly short sighted ....or very insincere. I'm not sure which. I don't know your posting well enough to guess. The reaction to the Title and OP though? I don't know about others...but I was very conciously holding BACK. If that seemed bad, it would have been far more blunt in a setting conducive to more...open and direct speech in reply.

Kick a sleeping dog, if you are ready for it to wake up. Just don't kick the dog in the head and then stand in shock when it's in full attack as it awakens.
.....even doing that a couple days after the election maybe? But now? Americans are at the very peak for reacting badly to that sort of thing.....

the rant is not about the angered reactions. Thats expected I could write a thread about fluffy bunnies and get the same results. I'm just wondering why its getting caught in the who's better than who bickering. How can we expect change if we willfully ignore the sins of our leaders and pretend that our faults arent there.

And I apologize for being rude I do enjoy your posts but I felt you were just ignoring what I was saying

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Okay... Accepted on what you said there. I appreciate the reply and I DO appreciate your words.

There is a much better way to address what your saying, at this point, but I'll be honest...I'm upset over the whole thing and not the one to try at the moment. I just wanted to reply with this, so you know I read your note and didn't just huff a bit and stomp off. Maybe another thread and topic will see better chatting.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

The discontent of a population is a symptom of a fever.

top topics

join