It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A PAIR of world-renowned quantum scientists say they can prove the existence of the soul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"American Dr Stuart Hameroff and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose developed a quantum theory of consciousness asserting that our souls are contained inside structures called microtubules which live within our brain cells."

Read more: www.news.com.au...

nice to see science coming through, should go mainstream, but as you know most media does not want you to know the truth

all shall be revealed though as all is known in the akashic records

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
"American Dr Stuart Hameroff and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose developed a quantum theory of consciousness asserting that our souls are contained inside structures called microtubules which live within our brain cells."

nice to see science coming through, should go mainstream, but as you know most media does not want you to know the truth

all shall be revealed though as all is known in the akashic records

They use the word "prove" in the article title, but in the body of the article it is just a theory. I am not a scientist, but isn't there a difference in proving something and theorizing something?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Say whaaat? Thats crazy but freaking awesome.
Also there idea of a soul may be different from some spiritual or religious folk.

"If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the microtubules and the patient says 'I had a near death experience'." In the event of the patient's death, it was "possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body indefinitely - as a soul". Read more: www.news.com.au...

This stuff fascinates me. I recommend a book by Dr. Robert anza called biocentrism it is very interesting.
Thanks for sharing SnF
edit on 4-11-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It is a theory but to me it does make sense that a part of us, an energy, call it the soul or whatever, would be released upon the death of the body and then absorbed into the surroundings or into the universe as a whole.

That might be too impersonal and vague for some people's notion of an afterlife but it would be a kind of afterlife as a part of you would not have died but been released and transformed.

I don't know that it can be called proof but it is interesting and it does make sense.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's a vague supposition based on 2 current thoughts. And it fails to prove anything.

If anything it is referring to consciousness, it does not define the soul, but uses the term to garner the support it seems to require to 'trend'. And what are they really saying? That the information in our brains that defines us is indestructible? Nonsense, or people who undergo entire personality changes would not do so, simply because the quantum state is cut off and re-established during brain trauma.

It can exist outside of the body? In a quantum state that we can only theorise about? How good is this, a theory that can never be proven and that even if it was proven would have as much weight in real life activity as the notion of a all see all loving sky magician who loves you and wants you to be good so you can be with him in heaven.

If it can exist outside the body, then it's not part of your brain.

so what does it really prove.. the soul? no. Consciousness? maybe, but we know it's somewhere.

Does it mean anything other than a trending article on the internet? not at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
again? i thought someoe did this a week ago?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

AWESOME!
AMAZING!
SPECTACULAR!

This is incredible! The astral plane exists! and this is another step closer to proving it.

That information that is released back into the universe is the very basis of us and exists outside the physical dimension unless in an entity like us

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Makes sense to me also. I was just hoping that somehow they had discovered some physically proof that the "soul" existed. As a matter of faith, I believe with all my heart that it does. Just as with God. My belief is through faith, but I would be one happy human if someone came out with physical proof.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Whatever it is, I don't think there's a need to call it the soul, as the implications involved with that word will cause unnecessary inferences towards immortality, an afterlife, or transmigration etc. This theory ends up being just another person's interpretation of human existence, and not necessarily proof of anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain

www.hknet.org.nz...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

In a near-death experience the microtubules lose their quantum state but the information within them is not destroyed. Or in layman's terms, the soul does not die but returns to the universe.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Word is information. Collapsing wave function demonstrates that consciousness determines probability by choice. This nullifies evolution as the observer is needed to create matter. Light is particle and wave with consciousness. The Wave is the Word that is listed above. The Son of God holds all things together.

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Light pictures the Trinity of Father (Prima Materia), Son (Word / Wave) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness).
edit on 4-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
again? i thought someoe did this a week ago?

It's quantum state article. Once you observe it, the outcome changes.

See ya next week

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
Whatever it is, I don't think there's a need to call it the soul, as the implications involved with that word will cause unnecessary inferences towards immortality, an afterlife, or transmigration etc. This theory ends up being just another person's interpretation of human existence, and not necessarily proof of anything.

Spot on, and you did it in 3 lines. I need to cut back on the coffee in the mornings.. lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I also have a certain faith that biological death isn't the absolute end although I am uncertain in how or what part of us "lives" on. The theory makes sense to me but yes, I too have always hoped that one day we find some sort of concrete proof. I'm not sure that we ever could, though. I think some things we will never know for sure one way or another but that doesn't stop me from wishing/hoping/dreaming lol

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If someone is pronounced dead, then revived and regains information (THE VERY SAME) that was lost apon death, I think that is Proof enough dont you?

The fact that our Soul/Personal Conciousness information isnt deleted when pushed from the brain should be proof enough.

If you deleted your most used program on your computer, then deleted it from the recycle bin and in turn all the destroyed all things you made with this program, then something fishy would be up if you re-installed it and it still had all its memory, I would think it had a mind of its own, or memory....or soul?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno

If someone is pronounced dead, then revived and regains information (THE VERY SAME) that was lost apon death, I think that is Proof enough dont you?

The fact that our Soul/Personal Conciousness information isnt deleted when pushed from the brain should be proof enough.

If you deleted your most used program on your computer, then deleted it from the recycle bin and in turn all the destroyed all things you made with this program, then something fishy would be up if you re-installed it and it still had all its memory, I would think it had a mind of its own, or memory....or soul?

Interesting slant, but it may depend on how long they've been pronounced dead before been revived. I mean if it's a short period of time it may be possible nerves in your body may still be working for example?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
It is a theory but to me it does make sense that a part of us, an energy, call it the soul or whatever, would be released upon the death of the body and then absorbed into the surroundings or into the universe as a whole.

That might be too impersonal and vague for some people's notion of an afterlife but it would be a kind of afterlife as a part of you would not have died but been released and transformed.

I don't know that it can be called proof but it is interesting and it does make sense.

you could do that, but most people when leaving the body are still themselves, but their true self...not the ego/mind self that is Human...

you become the real you....all knowing, all loving

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SageBeno

i know for a fact that we live on if the body dies...i can't prove it per se, but if you experienced what i have then you would know too...

when science figures out thoughts and dreams then there will be more proof...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Even though this is as of yet theoretical, I, for One, can't effin wait til it's proven.

I believe it will destroy all religious divisions except for the mystical aspects, and all of science will have to re-evaluate and re-write their rules and regulations. Strict materialism is a dying breed when it's all fundamentally resting on immaterial quantum states.

The Ultimate Singularity coming soon !!!!!! Unless we all nuke each other to kingdom come first.

I believe many of the Elite know this is coming and are clawing and grasping at their positions of power to not let this happen

new topics

top topics

join