It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP forces withdrawl of non-partisan tax report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you don't like something, don't argue the premise and logic - just get it withdrawn?

The Congressional Research Service has withdrawn an economic report that found no correlation between top tax rates and economic growth, a central tenet of conservative economic theory, after Senate Republicans raised concerns about the paper’s findings and wording.

That way it never exists, and you are still right??

Is that how it works??

edit on 4-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I can't remember who said it, but the line was "Everyone has their own facts". This is the problem, we can't even agree on the basic facts anymore so how can we agree on anything else?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Republicans are full of BALONEY when it comes to anything involving the economy and they KNOW it!!

Even a Conservative economist will tell you that!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Congressional Research Service:

The Congressional Research Service (CRS) works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for nearly a century.

CRS is well-known for analysis that is authoritative, confidential, objective and nonpartisan. Its highest priority is to ensure that Congress has 24/7 access to the nation’s best thinking.
Source

Someone has to explain to me how that is in any way tied to the Republican Party.GOP? If it is so controlled by one side over the other, why is the Democratically controlled Senate saying nothing about it? The CRS is no small matter. They supply and generate a GOOD % of the statistics the U.S. Government references and makes decisions based upon.

Are we sure they didn't just see an error or some screw up and yank the report? I mean..this is what we always say they let stand and don't correct when they should.....so, now pulling down a report with problems is a lose situation as well? I'm confused how these conclusions are being reached, given the source and circumstances?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Mr. Stewart added that people outside of Congress had also criticized the study and that officials at the research service “decided, on their own, to pull the study pending further review.”

This is from your own source. They pulled it on their own after being criticized for the content and wording.

Maybe instead of cherry picking information from your left wing rag you could post what really happened.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Sure others had criticised it but that is not actually why it was pulled - clearly you would like us to think that it is, even though it is not something your own little cheery pick says!

Your own little partial quote omits, for example, who said that:

Don Stewart, a spokesman for the Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, said Mr. McConnell and other senators “raised concerns about the methodology and other flaws.” Mr. Stewart added that people outside of Congress had also criticized the study and that officials at the research service “decided, on their own, to pull the study pending further review.”

Oh - look - it is the House Republican leader's spokeman!! Trying to shift the blame?

If you read the entire article it is clear that GOP applied pressure to have this report withdrawn, and given that they can't actually do it themselves, the fact that "officials" withdrew it is irrelevant!
edit on 4-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The truth of the matter is you purposely cherry picked a paragraph from that political hit piece of an article to make it look even worse than they already portray it. That article is so slanted it isn't even funny.
Bottom line, if it was such a big deal then why aren't there any statements from any outraged Democratic leaders on the subject? Probably because it was pulled for the reasons stated I would think.

edit on 11/4/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The truth is I posted the very first paragraph, and linked to the article so that people could read the rest of it.

The paragraph I linked to specifically said who had withdwn the report - the Service itself, and ACCURATELY stated that it was in response to pressure from the GOP.

Your attempt at disinfo is crude and transparent.

sorry that the truth hurts you - but that's your problem and one you could easily fix.

top topics

join