It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Heavy Metal to TranceTechno BEST OF ALL is 80s music

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Compare it to today's nonsensical yelling and screaming in heavy metal.
not saying there are no good heavy metal songs today but most are violent
vibe for the sake of violence, nothing else.
edit on 4-11-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

I think you are really wrong on this, unless you are thinking really heavy metal. The new metal bands from the last few years have a lot of screaming interspersed with beautiful singing by the same guy who screams. (or a back up vocalist.) The lyrics are written incredibly soulfully. I have to give it to the new metal kids, they are really bringing it back with a twist, No violence in the music whatsoever. As a matter of fact the band As I Lay Dying is a Christian heavy metal band who write about salvation and peace. Metalized of course.

Also, bands like Between the Buried and Me, are completely progressive and while their is alot of screaming that may not make sense without listening to it, the lyrics are the most intelligent and well written. Honestly, they would fit in well here on ATS. There entire last album was 72 minute concept album (second part of an EP released last year) and it tells the story of 2 people from parallel universes reaching a point where they wake up to see the interconnectedness and then learn that they are meant to destroy Earth. Its VERY VERY cool.

Here is as suggestion that my husband gave to me when I first started listening to this metal. This band. Try to imagine the vocals as an instrument, not as a vocal, the harmonies and the way that it fits into the flow of the music is what is most amazing.

edit on 4/11/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join