It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not going to say "I told you so."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There's not much more to be said about the merits of the various candidates. There will be announcements of results, accompanied by charges of fraud. Some charges will be true, some false, but the lawyers will make their money from tying up the courts for weeks.

I've changed my mind about how I'm going to respond to the results. I had originally thought I'd go after the Obama supporters and laugh at them when Romney won, but I've abandoned that plan.

But let me start with the unlikely situation of Romney losing. If he does, I will expect lots of posters to come after me with "I told you so's." And they'll be right, they did. But it will be like being wheeled into the Emergency Room with two broken legs, a smashed rib cage, and a concussion, and hearing your mother say "I told you you'd get a hangnail if you trimmed too closely." She's right, of course, but her mockery will carry no weight. If Obama wins, there will be a dozen more serious things to worry about than people mocking me.

But when Romney wins? Again, there will be a dozen things with priority over relishing a victory. Besides, it's not good sportsmanship to rub your opponent's face in a loss.

What is there to worry about with a Romney win? Start with the threatened riots and civil disturbances, add in whatever crazy and unconstitutional things that will get done in the lame duck session. Remember Harry Reid's announcement that if Romney gets in, the Senate will not allow any of his programs to pass, even before he's seen them.

Perhaps most important is the repair of the divides in the country. Obama's presidency has deepened the divides between groups, thos splits have to be healed. For my part, I will be as serious and thoughtful as I know how, in order to encourage some compromise and workable solutions to our problems. In my posts I will not try to antagonize anyone, we don't need any more of that.

I will also get closer to my representatives, bringing my thoughts as well as ATS's to their attention.

We're not going to get through this mess fragmented into little groups. I'll pray, listen, and write. I hope you'll do whatever you can to bring us back together.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Very nicely said Charles. you leave much to ponder...ponder I will...

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Very well written thread! S&F to you.

I too fear the same thing you do -- especially the unrest. The 2000 election with the hanging chads was enough to do me in.

You do know as well as I do, that the next morning will have NO CONCLUSIVE results of the election, right? How many weeks is this one going to take?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Dear phantomjack,

You're right about the unrest. I'm thinking about the flash mobs, the looting after Sandy, the "game" Knockout King, the increase in violent crime and deaths in Chicago, the tweets talking about riots, Bill Maher saying the Blacks will come after Romney supporters, and on and on.

I'm not personally worried, I live in a town of less than 25,000, at least an hour's drive from anything resembling a large city. But I am worried about the country. Is our choice between surrender and ruin, or National Guard troops and urban violence? I hope there is another path.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

join