It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under your skin [CTPWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Revered by so many but only the few know the torture tools inside your bag.
A smile, a good morning, how are you this day?, as you tip your forehead passing by,
or, an offer of help to the old or infirm. Ensures they don't see through the lie.

A punch to the face of a seven year old or being lifted up by the hair,
The pain of not crying or showing your fear to those that are fooled that you care.
The mother that turns her head away, or holds you down in the chair.
As you start to agree that for doing a wrong, he should cut off all of your hair.

I am now the Father, the opposite of you. Your scars left deep in my soul, so each day I must watch what I do.
To others you will always be the great lie, a helper through thick and through thin.
But to me, I have known what you really were ...... I saw what lived under your skin.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A deeply introspective and dark poem. Touches nerves in me, but in a completely positive and reflective way. Written well and switches up nicely from non-rhyme to rhyming well. Very nice. S+F

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Some of them didn't hide it. All we can do is try and forgive. I think some people are even made better because of it. I am not saying that it is right by any means but we try harder not to make those same mistakes. S+F
Quad

new topics

join